South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 08:11 AM   #16  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning DW is sleeping in, we have nowhere to be today, and I'm enjoying some quiet time with my coffee.

Karen- Did you try the yoga? I like the stretching and focusing part of yoga so have never found a class at a gym that I liked.

Sophie - hope the connection problems are all fixed now. A lot of us had trouble getting in here.

chickadee -

Debbie - Hope there was more sleep and some you time yesterday

Ruth - Glad you are shoveled out already. Enjoy your sunny day

Holly - Hope you made it out without incident. Looks like you all got quite a bit up there. Is it better today?

Cottage - what a fun evening

Twynn - Coffee is the best! Glad you made it through the week. Hope DD keeps her germs to herself and is feeling better this afternoon.

Time to refill my cup. I've got the usual chore list started. I just need to get some of the long term items off! It's going to be a busy week with DW hoping to spend a few hours at work Thursday. She isn't driving yet so that will make my week even more patchy. Hope she can get in for a few hours. It will be great for her morale.

The birds are eating me out of house and home. Need to refill the feeders at some point today For now I'll just pour another cup and watch them bouncing around out there.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:39 AM   #17  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
Karen- Did you try the yoga? I like the stretching and focusing part of yoga so have never found a class at a gym that I liked.
I wimped out I like the stretching and the strength part, not so much the focus. My mind wanders... I tried off and on over the years and never liked it until this instructor.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:34 AM   #18  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Debbie - I do love your avatar picture, you look so happy. Hope you got back to sleep and arm is getting better.

Ruth - chuckle over you lent resolution

Holly - glad to see you are safe and nice to reach your goal for the month.

Cottage - sound like quite a party.

Twynn - glad to see you back.

Cyndi - fingers crossed that you get back into a routine. No snow here really but there was a 13 collision north of here which is the route we have to take to my daughter's next weekend and the gust of winds are just on predictable, they come off the lake.

Karen - have a nice Sunday.

I had a great day yesterday. Went to my favourite market and thought I would buy some Muenster cheese like we had in Alsace but at $65. a kilo (that's about 2 1/2 lbs) too rich for my blood. Did have lunch of mussels and gave the garlic bread to Steve. Must remember to have a day out more often.
take care
Sophie
Old 02-26-2012, 02:36 PM   #19  

Holly, this made me chuckle.. Years ago at my employer there was one of the company owners, that if you called in to work and said you couldn't make it in, due to going in the ditch or bad roads, he actually came and got you.

Do you think it crossed their mind, to offer.

Hope the day ended better than it started for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
Just for fun..here is my conversation from the side of the road yesterday, to my work -

"Al? It's Holly. I'm off the road."
"Holly?"
"YES, it's Holly. I'm off the road but I've called for help and hopefully be okay."
"Holly? You're off the road?"
"YES. I slid off the road."
"Where off the road?"
(!?) "Near my house"
"Who did you call?"
(!!!???) "Joe. If he can't get me out, then Triple A."
"Triple A? They'll take FOUR HOURS to get to you, Holly."
(Slight edge to my voice now) "Al, I'm doing the best I can."
"Okay Holly, we'll see you when you get here."

Old 02-26-2012, 02:38 PM   #20  

Another beautiful day here. The pizza last night was super good. Throwing something in the cock pot for today. A few loads of laundry to do and then off to the sewing machine for awhile.

Enjoy your day.
Closed Thread