South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #16  

Height: 5'8"

Jenne, my husband works for UPS and that happens all the time. When you order something next, if you have the option, check "signature not required." Then they can leave it at your door without a signature so you know you'll get it.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:26 AM   #17  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. My knee is feeling a lot better this morning but I will rest it as much as I can today - skipping Church since the walk to the door is glare ice! I have lots of desk stuff to do and some hand sewing so I'm sure I'll survive.
After all, Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest, right?
Old 01-22-2012, 07:30 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning! Am I the first one up today? And I even slept in a bit since we were up late last night. Despite the weather, Monica, Caite and Carley came out yesterday and didn't leave until after 9, and we stayed up until they called to let us know they made it home safely.

It's a pretty winter wonderland outside this morning, but it's not going to last long. The kids are anticipating another day of sledding and playing in their snow fort before it starts raining tonight, and it's supposed to be in the 50s tomorrow.

I want to run down to Penzey's Spices to stock up later this morning, and I have some coupons for some free stuff. I should pop in to visit Mom & Dad, too, or try to get them to come for supper since I'm making Lasagna today. It's so hard to try to get them to leave their house any more, especially during the winter, but a change of scenery would do them both a world of good.

Ok, one more cup of coffee to enjoy in the quiet before the little ones wake up.

There you are, Ruthie! Morning!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 01-22-2012 at 07:32 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:41 AM   #19  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning coffee drinkers I was up at 6:30 but have a morning To Do list so just sitting down now. It's ridiculously cold out there right now but we are getting a little of that warm up tomorrow, though not close to 50. It's a good day for the crockpot. Have to think about what I want for the week.

Ruth - Staying off that ice, especially with your knee in cranky mode, sounds like a very good idea. It's a perfect day for a good book, cuddly dogs, and a mug of tea.

Cottage - I could so go for lasagna! I missed my annual piece at Mom's this year. Happily I know she has some in the freezer waiting for me. Penzey's SPice sounds like a great place. Would love to visit one sometime.

OKay, time to do a list for the day and then more meds, etc in a few minutes. I might try that good book, tea, bed thing again later. It didn't work yesterday but I sure enjoyed the down time anyway.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:51 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Mornin' chicks!

Chick - I agree with Cyndi - the sensor on your dog's breed was pretty funny!
Ruth - glad your knee is feeling better.
Cottage - it is beautiful out there!
Cyndi - This winter hasn't been bad at all, eh? I remember in previous years you were about fed up with all the snow. Are you ready for spring yet?! (I'm excited to plant spring greens!!)

Well, yesterday went GREAT. I'm always apprehensive my DH will see what I post (I don't think he ever has, but wouldn't it be great the time he does?!), so I didn't write all of yesterday's plans. His friend picked him up, saying they were going to shoot some clay pigeons. In reality, he took him to the airport for a flight lesson. The air didn't clear quite enough, so it wasn't a flight lesson, just a meeting and tour (and then chatted for TWO hours and was back late!). In the meantime, a couple friends and I furiously finished cleaning and food prepping, with his friends coming over for a surprise party. WOO HOO! I can't believe he didn't figure it out!! I did eat off plan, but not too horrid (cheesecake? c'mon!!). Now, to get rid of those leftover potato chips...I didn't have even one, phase I did it's magic of no cravings!!

Today is...rest I hope!!

Last edited by TwynnB; 01-22-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:56 AM   #21  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all~ Well yesterdays Birthday party was good fun~ My friend who turned 80 played with the various bands all night... He would of played all night without a break... It was younger musicians begging for a break to eat & mingle.. Speaking of eats.. I did good. Fruit & fajita stuff... a few glasses of vino & no deserts. Today I am going to the grocery store to finish up my phase 1 shopping list.

& Ruth, yes your right, no snow means I'm in southern part of Eastern US.. Myrtle Beach area.. mild winters compared to the Minnesota ones I grew up with, but colder than the ones I had in India.

Hope everyone has a great day~
Old 01-22-2012, 09:12 AM   #22  

Good Morning,

I slept in today, felt good. Grocery shopping and finish up a few things, then relax today. I made Blk Bean and Sweet Potato Chili yesterday, wow, it is so good. My DH thought they were carrots and was surprised when he tasted it. Great dish.

Twynne, wow, what a greats surprise for your DH and even if he figured out the party that is ok, You did good.

Hope every has a super great day and stay safe and warm. Smiles
Old 01-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #23  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

It was almost 70 degrees in Denver yesterday! DH was in a tank top with the windows rolled down...this morning....not so great. It was sure fun, though. I just got called in to work, so I'm off to get ready. Food yesterday was so-so, we went to Dim Sum w/DD, which was packed since New Year is on Monday. I did make the best choices possible. I had done an hour on the recumbent bike (yippee) and was going to hop on this am but I'd much rather get paid to exercise-and I have a new pedometer to try out.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-22-2012, 11:03 AM   #24  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning

Ruth - hope you get the rest you want for that knee.
Cottage - I too stay up till my kids call that they got home safely.
Twynn - sounds like a great day for DH and great that you were almost on plan.
Indigal - wow, that 80 year old friend is special. Love Myrtle Beach.
Chickadee - I can almost taste your chilli.
Cyndi - glad to hear things are quieting down.
Debbie - Did I tell you that I live in a very asian community, about 66% of the population is from Hong Kong. In some areas a lot of the signs are totally in Chinese or Korean. There is a great celebration going on at quite a few of the malls here.

me - yesterday is was off plan but today is a new day. Have to stay totally on plan this week. We are going away next week to the Niagara area and I am sure it will be hard.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend chickies.
take care
Sophie
Old 01-22-2012, 12:10 PM   #25  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmckellen View Post
Jenne, my husband works for UPS and that happens all the time. When you order something next, if you have the option, check "signature not required." Then they can leave it at your door without a signature so you know you'll get it.
WE WERE HOME! They never tried coming up here. It's laziness, no offense. They didn't want to lug a 60 lb. box up to the third floor so they tried the rental office first and they might have been out on a tour. UPS is great and ALWAYS comes to our door. We didn't even get a note!

It's snowing a bit out now - but I am heading to the gym. DW joined one with a pool and even though we have one in our building, it's been packed with resolutioners and I've gone twice this week to no avail. She's got some free passes but it's only $22 extra a month for me. We'll see. Heading out in about an hour. Off to eat an apple with PB!
Old 01-22-2012, 04:31 PM   #26  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Good Afternoon! We finally started laying tiles. The first 10 are on the floor. They are big -- 18" square.

I've been out of sorts for a few days. There is conflict at work, and I really hate conflict. I'm a little apprehensive of going tomorrow. It's the pits that stuff like that messes up my weekend...

Anyway, Jeff is grilling burgers tonight. We'll have a nice dinner before overnight storms move in. Maybe the power will go out and I won't have to go to work anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg First tiles.jpg (26.8 KB, 13 views)
Old 01-22-2012, 04:45 PM   #27  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Gosh, Chelby, those tiles look just like the ones I have in front of the sliding door out of my studio. They are great!

I'm still hobbling a bit but have spent a rather productive day doing some things I've been procrastinating about for weeks! I've spent more time thinking about them than doing them. Now I'm going to sew the button onto my coat - it came off Christmas Eve! See what I mean?

Sounds like we've had a pretty good weekend. One more weekend to go in January, I keep telling myself.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:33 PM   #28  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Ruth, The tile is Daltile Marseilles in Tuscany Rouge. It is lovely. Auston popped the button off his favorite camouflage pants. He was AMAZED when I sewed it back on.
Closed Thread