South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 12:46 AM   #1  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default SBD Chat - Weekend Edition 1/7/12-1/8/12

Hi folks!

I've been waiting until midnight to start up the post only because I need to tell you that meeting Karen was AMAZING and if I did so in the thread from yesterday, everyone would miss it. Then I realized I was still on central time and it's already almost 1a!

Anyway, I don't know what she thought of me but I talked her ear off for a whole two hours (it flew by) and she is as fantastic in person as she is here on the boards. I took the obligatory (self) shot, per everyone's request. It was so nice to talk SBD with someone who got it and was in 3D!

DW was great and took all the xmas stuff down while I was away save for the tree and outside lights so that and food shopping are on my to-do list for today. I can't wait to cook. Conference food is the pits! But first, I will SLEEP IN!

What's your Saturday looking like?
Old 01-07-2012, 06:26 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Love, love, love real life shots of our Beachies! I've met lots of 3FC MODs past and present and it's aways delightful to put a voice and face to their posts.

Darn dogs joined me in bed last night so I'm up a bit too early for a Saturday. Five hours of sleep is not enough after a late dinner party. It was lots of fun though, as usual and tall friends are very handy for starting the de-decorating.

Now it's time to wash and put away the Christmas dishes and linens and settle in to regular life. It's been a great holiday season but I need to buckle down and do some work.

Happy Saturday to us all.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:43 AM   #3  

Good Morning.

Jenn it sounds like you guys had a great meeting. I bet it was fun to get together and talk the talk. Thanks for sharing the pic as well, very nice.

Ruth sounds like you had a fun night. And fur babies can make good bed partners sometimes, our little one has started to move in the bed, and it is like dead weight when you try to roll over, so always wake up and move her back tot he foot of the bed! (she must be cold!)

Today, I am going to enjoy myself, I have had a rough week and I just want to have some good days, migraines everyday for four days and nights straight. But they are over now. This is the longest battle I have had with them. Need to regroup.

But everything else is going great, I love SB and I love coming here and reading everyones posts, thanks for the support always. It reminds me I am doing the right thing at this time in my life. yeah!

Welcome to all the new Beachies.

Happy Saturday.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

What a great picture! I'm thrilled that you two were able to get together. I've met many people, both 3FC MODS and a few of our Beachers IRL, and it's been one of the highlights of my life and the beginnings of wonderful friendships.

We had quite a busy day yesterday, but still managed to take our tree and put away. Yay! Did I mention that my DS and his family are moving in with us? It's supposed to be a temporary situation, just until my DIL finds a job and they can get back on their feet again. I've decided to make the best of the situation and stay focused on the bright side. They're family, and we do what we can for them. So Jake and I have been clearing out bedrooms to make room for them. I've been decluttering all along, but this has forced us to really focus on downsizing. We've taken 3 loads of 'stuff' over to Goodwill, plus another carload to the homeless shelter.

Well, on with the day! We're off to Trader Joe's this morning.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

WOWZER - look at the busy morning today! My DD (dear, dear, dear) set her alarm on a Saturday morning, so of course I couldn't fall back asleep . Gives me a few extra minutes to play until I go to work.

Karen and Jenn - LOVE the picture!! Oh, I hope to meet some of you IRL sometime!!

Ruth - hope the christmas-tearing-down goes quickly.

Chickadee - ouch, hope you feel better soon. Slow down and take care of yourself!

Cottage - Wow, you are a good mom! Hopefully it will remain just "temporary".

The coffee is strong, off to work in a hour, then who-knows-what. Probably clean up the house. I gotta admit, I'm getting a bit sick of beans (from all the bean things I made with leftovers), so I need to start thinking of my other favorites.

Cottage reminded me of my "mama drama". Ugh - I haven't texted her back, I don't even know what to say. Gotta love family. (you, Cottage, are a better person than I!!)
Old 01-07-2012, 07:39 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cottage, NO - you did not mention that your favourite DIL and family were moving in with you for a while. You are an absolute saint. (((hug)))

Chickadee, so sorry about the rough week and hope R&R over the weekend helps. I've had only one migraine in my life and hope to never repeat the experience!

Twynn, thanks for the reminder - I need to soak some beans. Bummer that you have to work Saturday and I hope there are no furry emergencies to deal with.

Time to throw another load into the washer and then soak in the tub for a while with a yummy gourmet coffee. Gotta love those wee K-cups.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Saturday! I slept till 7. Yay!

Jenne and Karen, How much fun to meet! I've met Schmoodle. She came to my Jazzercise class when she was in Huntsville. It was great!

Ruth, You need to invite that 6'7" boy for lunch!

Cottage, How many will be living with you? If everyone is respectful and helpful, families can live together. We had 15 in my house after Hurricane Rita.

Twynn, I'm tired of beans, too. I'm going to look for a spaghetti squash today to make pizza. I bought fancy cheese at Whole Foods last night.

Auston is still at his grandmother's house. I'm sure he's having an ice cream sandwich for breakfast. Jeff is in the kitchen right now fixing our breakfast -- eggs and sausage. It smells yummy! I'll clean up the mess later.

Not anything exciting on the agenda for the rest of the weekend. Yay! The house is mostly straight. I'm reading my new book and drinking coffee for two days. Hopefully.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Looooove the pic girls! I'm so jealous!!! I know the few girls from Springfield, but still have not had the opportunity to meet any of the other girls. Sniff. That's awesome though! It sounds like you two had a great time!!!

Have to get moving. Busy Saturday! Have to run my parents' dogs to the vet for them, then Reiki at 11 and Mary Kay marketing session after! Whew! I'm ready for a day of nothing!

Gotta get in the shower. Hope you chicks have a good day!

Lisa

Last edited by weezle; 01-07-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8"

Jenne and Karen, love the pic!! I'm jealous you two got to meet.

So....I cheated on Phase 1 last night. Had 2.5 glasses of wine, some popcorn (def. not SBD friendly popcorn) and some chips. However, I pulled it back together for dinner and am back on track today. I need to do some food shopping and errands this am, and then I'm volunteering at my church cooking for a couple of hours, and then when I come home I have to finish painting my foyer, or at least part of it (it's a much larger job than I originally anticipated, naturally). Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 01-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Angie - So glad you liked it! No, mine was soft. I tried two different kinds of pans to see if that would help. I ate it with a fork, which is fine with me.

Jenn - You have me cracking up! And I decided that I hate that photo of me. Ugh. It was such fun.

Ruth - I, for one, am very glad the season (and all the food that comes with it) is over. Phew.

Chickadeee - Oh no! Glad to hear you are feeling better now.

Linda - I don't remember you saying that. What great parents you are. And what a great attitude you have.

Twynn - Ah, family drama. Maybe the perfect words will come to you on a run. I seem to do some of my best thinking when I'm working out.

Chelby - IMO rules are meant to be broken at Grandma's. And, in my case, Auntie's house too. How was date night? What's the new book?

Lisa - Busy! Have a great one.

Matilda - 2.5 made me LOL. Good for getting back on track and not going on a major bender.

I have major cleaning to do today. We have let things just get messier and dirtier with the boys home. As happens when they are home But tonight we have company for dinner. I'm having plenty of OP food for me and will avoid all the "other" food for them. Hopefully I can find a way to politely decline the dessert that a guest is bringing.

The teen got back to campus safely and we've done several loads of laundry that he left behind. Now I'll try to stuff clothes into his drawers and closet like the last time he left. I think I'll skip "cleaning" his bathroom for him this time though. He can come back to it dirty! Slob. Just saying.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I was catching up on some of the other threads here and now my sis has just walked in for tea. It looks like our start of the day is official! I did read posts but I'll never get caught up this morning.

Karen and Jenne, I'm so glad you got to meet and I do love the pic!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #12  
sophie

good morning,

Karen and Jenn - love the picture. You both look lovely.

Ruth - hope your day works out as planned.

Chickadee - happy to hear you are feeling better. Enjoy your day.

Cottage - its so nice you can help out. My philosophy is that once you become a parent its for life.

Twynn - hope workday is short for you today.

Chelby - The great thing about having grandkids is you spoil them and then give them back, no discipline necessary.

Weezle - what a busy day you have.

Karen - enjoy your dinner party

Debbie - enjoy your sister's company.

me - I am going to make the portobello mushrooms for lunch. Do some knitting and reading and whatever else the day brings. Supper is left overs
take care
Sophie
Old 01-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Morning to all,

Off until 3 p.m. today, I love a good morning to relax at home before work.

Hopped on the scale this morning, down 3! That makes me happy, I'm under 160 again. I didn't get to the point where I was under 150 last time, but I'm feeling confident.

Last night I made the cauliflower crust and did a bbq chicken pizza with caramelized red onions, bbq pulled chicken (sf of course) and a small amount of gouda and larger amount of lf sharp cheddar. It was really good, and I'm happy to eat the leftovers today!

Jenne, how fun to meet a SBD connection! I met a few girls from the WW boards years back, and honestly I'm still really close with one of them! Cute pic too. Have fun getting back into the routine of things today, what are you cooking?

Ruth, when we moved into our new house the rule was no more dogs in the bed! I miss it a lot. But my sleep is better. Right now Fig is laying on the couch next to me sawing logs so loud! Emmett is sleeping on the other couch. We thought we could enforce a no dogs on the couch rule, but it would be too sad for us, so now we have the rule that they are only aloud on the couch by invitation. You need me at your de-decor party! I'm 5'10"!

Wow, Chickadee! Four days of migraines! I've never had them, but know enough people who have to think that sounds terrible. I'm glad you are feeling better, you deserve a day to relax and recover! Is it as warm in WI right now as it is in MN?

Cottage, how many kids do they have? Pets?

Twynn, I'm trying to remember what brings you to work on a Saturday -- vet?

Chelby, how was date night??

Lisa, what is Reiki? Have a great, busy day!

Karen, I laughed out lout about your post w/ your messy boys. I can't imagine my life someday picking up after kids...cleaning up after 2 dogs and a gf is enough!

Debbie and Sophie, have a great day!
Old 01-07-2012, 01:45 PM   #14  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

We had a lovely date! We went to The Fish Market restaurant, Whole Foods, and Sam's Club. I got two delicious, unusual cheeses at Whole Foods. It's a good thing that store isn't closer to my house. We went with some good friends who also had a babysitter. We were home by 9.

My grandfather died when I was in the 7th grade. One of my fondest memories of him is him always having Frankenberry cereal and Hostess DingDongs. I have no problem with Auston's grandparents spoiling him. It's my job to make him eat his broccoli.

I made spaghetti squash pizza today. I spread the 'crust' in a flat pan instead of a pie pan and broiled it for a few minutes. It was absolutely delicious!
Old 01-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Wow! I had a weird day/night. Woke up early, 9:00a and DW and I just talked. For hours! After lunch, we caught up on some TV then I napped (for 4 hours!!). Just getting up and realizing I need food! Lentils tonight probably as I've got nothing else and then to the store tomorrow. I am thinking TACO BAKE!

I must say, it looks like I am TOWERING over Karen. It wasn't THAT bad
Closed Thread