South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #16  

Height: 5'8"

Ruth while you were posting that I decluttered a bunch of my husband's old guitar magazines, but I did NOT declutter my Princess Diana paperdoll cut out book.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:03 AM   #17  

S/C/G: maintaining

Ruth - Happy quilting. I just bought some "diet" cocoa yesterday. It's been on my mind lately.

Natasha - Have a great race. Brr is right!

Cyndi - Drive safely! Our meteorologists have a contests with predictions for first measurable snowfall and more than one said December 5. I'll be snug at the spa then so it works for me

Chickadee - I don't even know what millet is. A grain? Hope you heal fast.

Linda - Hope the day exceeds your expectations. How odd they are taking that long break in the middle.

Twynn - Oh how I love that quiet time! Enjoy the movie.

Chris - Sounds like you'll have a lovely day reflecting back.

Debbie - I saw a commercial for one the other day. I need someone to make me a green monster to try sometime.

Chelby - I'm so glad we don't do family gifts any more! I did order ornaments online this week for my boys and husband. Now I need wish lists from them. My dilemma - hairdresser's gift.

Mmc - Yay for a good night's sleep! Have fun with your friend today. I so wish I could get my packrat husband to join your challenge!

Not much on tap for me this weekend, which is a good thing after all the social eating last weekend. I'll be making a huge pot of soup to take to the neighbors. I'll make DH do the baking to go with it so I can resist temptation. I have not stopped thinking about that poor family since hearing their news. I finally called my teen to tell him yesterday once we starting getting calls from parents of his friends and knew the news was spreading. I have a handful of errands to run but might avoid the stores on the weekend and wait until Monday.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:05 AM   #18  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning! Ruthie, I actually laughed out loud and had to read the first paragraph of your post to Chris. I can almost HEAR Disney swearing at the snow!

No snow here (thank God!) but Voodoo has been looking out the window watching for it every chance she gets. Supposed to hit 60 today, so I'm a happy camper!

Thought I'd pop in and say hi again, and continue putting off showering and getting ready for the weekly grocery haul. I've been an extreme couponer in training so we go a few places but save a lot of money. Ran out of printer ink and rather than spending $60 on replacement cartridges, I saw Walmart's Value of the Day yesterday and bought a Canon all in one wireless printer for $59.99. When it arrives, I will much more easily be able to print from all 7 computers in the house, as well as all 3 iPhones! Couponer Heaven!

Anyway, I guess I should get moving. Stay warm everyone!

Lisa
Old 11-12-2011, 09:13 AM   #19  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

DH is making my life miserable because he has a cold.
I have been extremely busy with finishing projects for Christmas and now have to start baking because I want to bring some when we visit. Afterall, I have to let my DD and family see there is a benefit living only 4 hrs away from us. They are only coming here between Christmas and New Year and I can understand that they was Christmas morning at home..
Hope everyone has a good South Beach weekend.
take care
Sophie
Old 11-12-2011, 10:28 AM   #20  

Ok, I just made a Oatmeal pancake for breakfast, first time, it was very yummy. Just what I need to do, branch out in food choices.

I am trying my hand at attaching a photo, see how it goes. The first are pin cushions I make and the second is a quilt I made for my nephew. This is what keep me sane when not working. Hmmm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fall 1.jpg (40.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01508 [1024x768].jpg (47.4 KB, 16 views)
Old 11-12-2011, 10:31 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Just popping back in to say hello again. Slowed down some to try to stay back w/ my mom this morning, so my official time was 55:40. Oh well...important thing is to finish. Mom took first in her age group, though...she was the only woman over 60 that participated, LOL

Anywho, I'm hungry now but I think I'm going to take a nap instead. I'll come back later and do personals. Have a great day, ladies!!!
Old 11-12-2011, 10:33 AM   #22  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Mathilda, I am a Louisiana girl who has never been to Mardi Gras in New Orleans. It's way too crowded and dangerous. Small town Mardi Gras is so much more fun and family friendly.

Karen, Do they know what happened to the young man yet?

Good Morning, Weezle and Sophie!
Old 11-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Chickadeee ~ your pin cushions are adorable! What are the numbers on them? Nice work on the quilt, too. How long does it usually take you to complete one?

Karen ~ That is just so sad and tragic about your friend's son. I've had that on my mind since you told us, and I hope your son is holding up OK.

to everyone else, and I hope you are all enjoying your Saturday.

I'd better go start getting ready!
Old 11-12-2011, 11:51 AM   #24  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

morning all!

Slow start here this weekend - I left the ICBINB out the other night and assumed DW put it away but we all know what happens when one assumes... So had to run to the store this morning. Nothing much on tap but reading. Enjoying this weekend as it's the only one I've got!

My travel looks like this: November 6-9: Orlando
November 16-18: Baltimore (only an hour away but still)
November 19-26: Maine
November 29-December 1: NYC

We're driving to Maine too so I need to start thinking about lunches and snacks.

Ruth: don't push too hard! We want you back to your old self!
Natasha: wow! a 5k is amazing. Good luck!!!
Cyndi: Keep it clear up there, wouldya
Chick: sorry about the snow + roof poor TV!
Cottage: I hate when the ceremony and reception are so spread out! Hope you find something entertain yourself well!
Twynn: what kind of coffee?
Chris: wave to my hometown (Bronx) for me!!!
Debbie: I love my demanding kitties too
MMc: It's soo funny. I never went into Manhattan when I loved there for the same reason! I never went to the SoL until I loved down here in DC nor have I ever walked over the bridge!
Chelby: PJs are a GREAT idea!!! Can't go wrong with some nice, comfy, soft PJs!
Karen: What a nice neighbor you are. So sad...
Weezle:
Sophie: I feel your pain!!! Hope DH gets well soon.

I am off to resist the temptations all around me. DW has been comfort eating (and just finished eating all 8 orange rolls - I can't imagine the calories in that!!!!!!!!) and it's been a very hard few weeks. I love winter but she hates it!

Last edited by jenne1017; 11-12-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:54 AM   #25  

*1360 calories, 80 grams of sugar and 42 grams of fat for eating all 8 of those things. I think I am going to be sick...I am glad I resisted

Last edited by jenne1017; 11-12-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:12 PM   #26  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Jenne, Don't you HATE that she has the metabolism to handle that??? Not Fair!
Old 11-12-2011, 01:10 PM   #27  

She doesn't actually. When we first me, she was about 40 pounds lighter. 25 of that was from meds she was on but she never really had to think about her weight until 2 years ago when her metabolism changed. She's got SAD and she usually puts on weight in winter because she comfort eats, a lot. Not unlike what I used to do.

It's so hard breaking habits, but possible!
Old 11-12-2011, 04:51 PM   #28  

That quilt top I made in one day, of course DH was gone so it was just me and the two dogs, I had only a few interruptions. Sew Sew Sew The numbers on the cushions are from when I showed them to a girl, so she could let me know which one she wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Chickadeee ~ your pin cushions are adorable! What are the numbers on them? Nice work on the quilt, too. How long does it usually take you to complete one?
We just got back in from trimming trees near my deer stand, opening weekend next week, I only hope my thumb is all better by then for hunting. It was really nice out, sun shining and snow melting, felt like spring! Yep, I wish.

Does SB still make retail products, I never see any in the store near me anymore?
Old 11-13-2011, 06:33 AM   #29  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelby29 View Post
Karen, Do they know what happened to the young man yet?
No. They did an autopsy and I guess in the non-TV world it takes quite some time to get results. The funeral has been scheduled and is right when we were supposed to provide lunch so instead we are doing breakfast for tomorrow.

So today I'll be baking pumpkin bread. The good news is that I'm making loaves so can't "sample" any when it's done The other stuff will be done in the morning. I hope tomorrow's not the first day I manage to adjust to the new time!

I'm hoping my older son calls; I told him I'd edit the thank you emails we are nagging, I mean ENCOURAGING him to send to everyone he interviewed with last week. Ah, being a helicopter mom is such a hard habit to break.

Have a great Sunday, everyone. BBL
Old 11-13-2011, 06:41 AM   #30  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning So hopefully the updates from drama-land will end soon. After I posted yesterday morning Julie called to tell me they were taking her back into surgery. We knew there was a possibility but not until Sunday. There was not all that unusual problem that needed to be fixed. this surgery was laproscopic so no more big wounds. As of this morning it looks like it was successful but we will know when the doc. arrives and they run a test. This will add a couple of days to the hospital stay (we had hoped she would go home this past Thurs. or Fri.) but not to the overall recovery. I'm looking forward to seeing her this morning. She was much more out of it this time, the result of too many days without enough sleep, nutrition and on pain meds. She sounds better this morning.

Jenn- reading labels usually puts me off any unplanned foods like that. I've reached the point where I start doing the math and realize it's not worth the cost to the rest of the week in food and exercise. I do still slide into the poor mes over foods I choose not to eat, but then I look around me and remember that this is the choice I make to have my health and not theirs.

My ex has that metabolism, but he is also in really horrible shape - cholesterol, energy, chronic colds, etc.

Okay, better get moving if I'm going to get to the hospital at a reasonable hour.
Closed Thread