South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 06:23 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat for Friday, September 9

Silly body and brain got up too early this morning! I hope they are not getting back into that bad habit. I read for a while and then coffee started calling me. The dogs were still snuggled together when I came downstairs. They know how to live!

It was great to have Donna back to clean yesterday and the puppy was no problem. She weighs just over two pounds and is absolutely fearless. Jazz, who is a pipsqueak himself, lies down to play with her. Such good dogs!

Since Monday was a holiday, my quilting group meets today. There has been a bit of a rift in this crew - two members have quit because they don't feel appreciated! WTF? It's a strange group of women who have been friends for years. I'm in the group because one of the members is the sister of a friend of my sister. Diane is fine and as busy as I am but some of the other biddies have too much time on their hands and get in snits. "Hey, girls, we are here to make quilts for cancer patients, remember?" It should be an interesting morning and I will keep my mouth firmly shut.

So that's the excitement for my Friday. I'm looking forward to a peaceful weekend. I may even get to the library for another good book.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sssshhhh, listen........ The rain has stopped!!! There is a chance of showers in the forecast for today, but the sun may actually make a rare appearance. It did come out for a brief peek around last evening, and it made everyone stop in their tracks to look at it!

Have a good time with your quilting group today, Ruth. I'm glad Donna is attempting to get back into her groove again.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do today. I may go visit Mom & Dad for a while this morning, and I should get caught up with the laundry and tidy up the house, since Monica, Caite and Carley are coming for the weekend. Right now though, I'm going to just relax with my coffee and savor the moment. I haven't heard yet whether the kids have school today, and I may end up having to go out to the farm.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:56 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I've been waking up between 5-5:30 even though it's still dark. I was flat out getting things ready until 10 so thought I'd sleep in this morning but no luck. Ah well, stuff to do, cats to feed, coffee to drink

Yesterday I was rewarded for my procrastination. I didn't get to book a room for the weekend before running out for my Co-op shift. When I got home I had an email from one of the Inn owners offering me the whole weekend in a suite for the price I'd been about to pay for one room. This will be perfect for us - room for DW to nap when she needs and a LR so if our friend stops in to visit she and I can stay up as late as we want. It's also right in Newburyport so I have lots to do when we aren't birding. I made a huge fritatta for breakfasts and we are packing for one other meal a day and eating one out each day. There are a few places we really like there. It's a DW birthday, anniversary weekend

First we have the surgical consult in Boston. We hope there will be an option for a different type of surgery but are prepared for the open chest if that's the only choice. We've talked about it and, if possible, will schedule between semesters and have the surgery done in Boston. It will be inconvenient for me but makes more sense to go with a surgeon who does this procedure often rather than one who does 3-4/yr. We will have more answers and clarity by tonight, definitely a good thing.

Hope your Friday is sunny!

Last edited by CyndiM; 09-09-2011 at 06:58 AM.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:04 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm feeling out of touch this morning. I slept for 10 hours last night which is my longest stretch for months! I need to catch up and find out what happened while I was sleeping.

Ruth, geez, it seems every group has some ego based issue. We have some pretty catty gals in our knitting group. Zip the lip! That seems to work well sometimes.

Linda, I hope your rain doesn't reappear. It sounds like you really got hammered.

Cyndi, yay for a suite for the price of a room. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good news on the medical front. Be safe.

Me, I'm going to fire up the grill and roast my Anaheim peppers this morning before we head to the pool. Then it's time to work on fall projects. The shed got cleaned out yesterday and the sunflowers came down. A roof still needs to get coated.

My food choices went rapidly downhill yesterday afternoon. When I identified tired I stopped eating and went to bed. I'm hoping to do much better today.

Have a good day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 09-09-2011 at 07:07 AM.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:11 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Debbie - I love roasting the peppers on the grill. Do you freeze those after? Wonder if I could do that with the poblanos they grow around here? Hmm, now you've got me thinking about grill roasting peppers. I bet they would retain the flavor even dried. I don't have much freezer space. Oh dear
Old 09-09-2011, 07:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth - Hmmm...at least it's entertaining? After many years, I'm sure it's a bit old. Hope it goes well today!

Cottage - yay for no rain!! The big Penn State vs. Alabama game is here this weekend, and I guess a lot of main feeder roads were closed, so people had to creative. That won't stop the fans though!

Cyndi - wow, the suite sounds fabulous and perfect! Good luck with the doctor this weekend, and hope you enjoy your visit!!

Lexiss - WOW!! I can't sleep 10 hours, I can't believe you did!! My DH would love the roasted peppers! Good for you for climbing right back on the wagon...that's what it's all about.

The kids are off to school (the first week went really well!), and I need a few minutes of down time. I think I'll make a cinnamon omelette next and then figure out the weekend. On the roster: paint DD's room. She chose a lovely shade of yellow, and I didn't even have to help!! I may see if DH can meet me for lunch...we never get date time, and we could get a few hours before the kids get home. Hope so!

Have a great day ladies!
Old 09-09-2011, 07:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Ruth - Have fun with all the drama today! Some people do have FAR too much time on their hands!! Life's way to short to get in a tizzie over things that aren't important, IMHO. Hope you have a good time despite their antics.

Cottage - Although everyone else here surely knows, can you explain what the farm is in comparison to where you live You always write about it and I keep trying to picture how it all works! What kind of farm is it?

Cyndi - Do you mind sharing what DW's health problems are/what the surgery is for? Sounds like a good mix of fun in with the business to take care of, and WTG on scoring the good deal on a suite!

Debbie - there is something about fall projects that, in my opinion, makes them so much more tolerable than projects any other time of the year I think it was you yesterday that asked me what kinds of dogs we have? One is a 3 year old wirehair pointer mix, Emmett. The other is a 1 year old mastiff/american bulldog mix, named Fig. They are pretty fun, and keep us on our toes for sure.

I'm at work, happy to not have to work a Friday night shift, it seems I am always scheduling myself those. I'll be here 6 - 5 and then home to play our new game again, which is AWESOME!

Last night I made probably my fave meal since starting SBD. It was a spaghetti squash lasagna. I made a nice meat sauce, roasted zucchini, cooked up a spaghetti squash, and mixed some ricotta up with egg and pecorino. Layered it all just like a lasagna and it was to die for. Looking forward to leftovers!

Well have a great day, everyone!

Angie
Old 09-09-2011, 08:04 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

And HI Twynn!
Old 09-09-2011, 08:18 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Cyndi, the poblanos would work that way...but then you have roasted peppers...more of an addition to soups, etc. I do freeze them and have done them two ways. One is to package them in small ziplocks to a portion of your choice. The other way I like better...I peel the burnt skins off then lay them individually on a cookie sheet for freezing. Then I put them in a 9x12 freezer box all stacked and I can use them one at a time. That is nice because often I line 6 in a fry pan, brown them on both sides then drizzle some egg, let it cook, flip then add a little RF cheddar and steam a few minutes until the cheese melts. It's a very reduced calorie version of a traditional stuffed chile relleno.

Angie, Emmitt and Fig...they sound like a great duo! Glad you don't have to work night shift.

Twynn, I hope you get to have lunch with DH. Yay for a nice shade of yellow!
Old 09-09-2011, 08:27 AM   #10  
Start IP 4/8/2013

S/C/G: upper 174/163.9/130

Height: 5'4

Good morning everyone! Have a happy Friday and nice weekend! My kids were given the day off because of all the rain and flooding. I'm still going to try and hit the gym this morning ... If I do that would be 3 times this week... Ok better get moving! Cheers
Old 09-09-2011, 08:31 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Debbie - DW is going to love that recipe! She used to love the real thing but way too high carb and calorie. I'll have to make those soon. thanks!

Angie - She has myasthenia gravis, a very rare autoimmune neuromuscular disease. Her muscles don't cooperate sometimes so she has trouble with her vision and eyes, slurred speech, trouble swallowing and gets tired very easily. Obviously it can progress to other muscles, we hope it doesn't.
I've been craving spaghetti squash, hope to find some soon!

Twynn - hope your date works out
Old 09-09-2011, 08:32 AM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

Great morning, all -
The sun is INDEED out here, LINDA - hope it is where you are - and it is SO nice to see. Classes were cancelled last night at the college where I am teaching a course this semester, so I got 4 hours of bonus time with the family - it was AWESOME.

RUTH - get a book for me would you?

CYNDI - thoughts and paryers continue, and THRILLED to hear about the Inn -

DEBBIE - yes, tired drives me to food as well. My mother sent me to college with this statement: "If you do not eat, sleep. If you do not sleep, eat." It served me well then AND now I use it ti curb the eating - tells me I need more sleep!

TWYNN - ah - a date with the DH - what a GREAT idea. I hope it happens for you!

ANGIE - I expect I have not yet welcomed you to this wonderful stretch of beach - it is always a lovely place to be, with great company. So - WELCOME!

To all those on the way, have a wonderful Friday!
Be well -
Old 09-09-2011, 08:33 AM   #13  

Height: 5'4"

DESIROO - you snuck in - WELCOME!!!
Old 09-09-2011, 09:14 AM   #14  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning! It's Friday

Debbie - We used to actually walk dogs at a local shelter a few years back. My teen need community service hours and wanted to do that and they required and adult because of his age. I have to say I found myself a bit out of my element with the dogs and trying to get them in/out of the kennels. But great idea to combine it with exercise. BTW - good thing we went with him since DS refused to pick up the poop

Ruth - That is a tiny pup! You should write a book about all the characters in your life.

Cyndi - Score! I used to go to Newburyport with my girlfriends when I was a teen living outside Boston. Hope you have a great weekend and that the appointment goes well.

Twynn - Enjoy your day and date.

Angie - Sounds yummy. You need to work up a recipe for people like me who can't cook without one.

Desiroo - You must be out east somewhere. Have a great workout.

Bea - Bonus time - lucky you. What do you teach?

I made cauliflower rice for the first time yesterday and like it. A bit of a hassle to get out the food processor, though. Plenty leftover. Grant applications are starting to roll in for our family foundation and since I took over as administrator I have to read them over and be sure they are complete. The deadline is the end of the month so I suspect I'll get an onslaught closer to then. Will be talking to DS later; he sent a text that he wants some clothes from home sent. Hopefully I can catch him in a chatty mood; I'd love to hear what he's been up to at college.

Have a wonderful day, everyone.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:30 AM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Desiroo, I hope you make it to the gym today!

bea, nice you got some extra time with the fam!

Karen, ok, I'll keep thinking about volunteer activities with exercise involved. I've been thinking about trying the cauliflower rice...you may have given me the motivation since I already have the cauliflower.
Closed Thread