South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 07:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default SBD Weekend Chat for 9/3-9/4

Good morning! There's always something extra special about enjoying my coffee on a Saturday morning.

The only thing we have planned for today is yardwork, and maybe tidying up the garden. That depends on the critter situation. After making several inquiries for skunk pick-up without success, the advice we've been given is to just let the poor little critter expire. Jake has attempted to release it, but the skunk showed signs of aggression, and the cage sits in an area of the garden where it would be difficult to cover it with a tarp. So there it is.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh, that stinks. Sorry, Cottage. Poor little guy.

I have GOT to get new coffee, this stuff is horrid!!

I get to work this AM, and then whatever. I would like to plant some greens for the fall, now because of y'all, I need to add Kale to the list. Does anyone else plant fall greens? What do you plant? (I've never done this before!)

Get to do other piddling around the house, and I'm sure the DH will want to road trip sometime. Today - we avoid town, it is the first home Penn State football game!
Old 09-03-2011, 07:23 AM   #3  

I wish I could pour you a cup of good coffee, Twynn. You should consider getting yourself a Krups. That's the one I want, but I can't justify it since Jake bought me a good expresso machine a few years ago. The Krups would be so much faster and easier, though. We've planted kale and chard as fall crops with much success. Go for it!

Oops! I didn't mean a Krups, I meant to say a Kerurig! I got my K's mixed up!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 09-03-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:26 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from Drizzly Delta. So much for a boat tour of the Lake this morning! Our plans will be adapted, I'm sure.

Cottage, I'm so sorry about the skunk situation. When we had the problem, our cage was in an open area so my solution worked. You need somebody in a hazard suit to open the cage and set Percy LePew go free.

Twynn, funny you should talk about fall planting. I am definitely putting in some spinach and kale - if I can find kale seeds. Kale survives even under the snow. Harry and I used to make Caldo Verde - a Portuguese Soup - for lunch every New Year's Day. We'd brush off the snow and pick lovely crisp green leaves.

I have a couple of reports to crank out this morning. Our summer students are back to universities and the government wants all kinds of stuff since their salary was partially paid by grants. I plan to sit down and just do the frassing things in one shot. They've been on my mind the last week and I'd rather have fun things cluttering my brain. It's very messy in there.

I'm really looking forward to this three day weekend. I plan to strike a balance between fun and work and relaxing. I hope you can do the same.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:58 AM   #5  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

morning chickies!

just getting ready to trek to the airport for the flight to Miami. I will check in later then not at all FOR A WEEK!

Don't miss me too much see you on the flip side.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Have Fun Jenne!!!!
Old 09-03-2011, 08:56 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Have SOOO much fun, Jenne! I didn't get to post anything about your not making your goal, but I think after so much travel and stress, you should be very proud of the progress you did make!

Work 10 to 8 today, so I'm just enjoying some coffee before I start getting ready to head in. The restaurant is SO slow over Labor Day weekend, so it's a time to come up with lots of cleaning projects!

I am watching the Today Show and they are doing a cooking special...they showed dehydrating zucchini chips until they turn into crispy chips that you could snack on...have any of you dehydrators tried that?? They showed how to do it in the oven on a low heat, and I might have to give it a try!

I tried 30-Day Shred and my knee was acting up big time. I have a problem with thin cartilage that I have never been able to figure out how to overcome. Don't think I'm going to be able to complete it on the exercise challenge for September...bummer.

Scale is still heading in the right direction, I think I'll be under 160 in the next day or two, first time in a few years! I'm excited about that.

Have a great day everyone,
Angie
Old 09-03-2011, 09:16 AM   #8  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning from cool Connecticut. I love these crisp mornings and warm afternoons.
I have a fun day planned, even though I should be tidying up my house after neglecting it during Irene. I'm going to see my daughter play soccer at her college today!! These games are bittersweet to me because she has played soccer since she was 5 years old and she will graduate college in May. The end of an era for what was a wonderful time in her life.
She requested vanilla cupcakes for after the game, so I'm baking cupcakes for the team in a bit.
Well ladies, I better get into the kitchen and start baking. Have a safe and happy holiday weekend!!
Old 09-03-2011, 03:37 PM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

I am with you Chris - LOVE this time of year!

Looking forward to soccer starting next week here, although my kids are only 8 an 11.

This morning was the last "free" weekend morning until sometime in December, so of course it meant the breakfast buffet - still trying to wake up after all the off plan food!

Be well -

Last edited by ultimatebea; 09-03-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:01 PM   #10  

Twynn, I hope you see this. I meant to recommend a Keurig coffee maker, NOT the Krups. The Keurig is the one with the pre-measured pods. Sorry if I cause any confusion!

Angie, I bought my dehydrator especially with the thought of making those zucchini chips in mind. They're delicious and addictive, too! Thank goodness they're OP!
Old 09-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi

Travelled this am...have been very busy...heading to BBQ with dogs. Back sometime!

Linda, there are all kinds of discussions on the web about skunks and traps..and how to deal with it. Do you have a fish/wildlife officer...even animal control might help. A friend in Seattle works for a shelter and specifically deals with wild animals.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:40 PM   #12  

Debbie, we've called and they've said they normally won't remove skunks, but they'll do it for $125. The pathetic little critter is just lying limp in the cage now. Jake took advantage of the fact and went down and managed to open the door, but it's still just lying there.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:22 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

thanks for telling me how good they are, debbie! I'm going to try the oven version tomorrow
Old 09-03-2011, 11:43 PM   #14  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I ate so much fruit today - oye! I think I was lacking in the water department.

Thanks for all the support girls. TTY next Sunday!
Old 09-04-2011, 04:28 AM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Taking a break from all the crazy to go chase birds. We are off to PI for the day

Angie - We eats lots of zucchini chips around here. I've made them with dill and onion powder (my fave), garlic & basil (DW's fave), Mexican spice mix and curry. Just be very careful with the salt. It will get concentrated and, if you aren't careful you end up with a salt lick Those can be salvaged by using in stews but it's disappointing to lose your chips. Lots of veggies are usable this way too. Obviously tomatoes are really good with basil and garlic, I've made turnips, carrots. DW steals pieces of almost everything I dry, even if I don't season them

Hope your Sunday is a good one friends. we are all hoping there's no more flooding from Lee. We just can't handle much more rain around here right now.

Last edited by CyndiM; 09-04-2011 at 04:29 AM.
Closed Thread