South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-19-2011, 01:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/229/165

Height: 5'5"

Default So..I didn't make it through Phase 1, but.....

I tried and tried and I just felt way too funky on Phase 1. And I think if you get to a point where you really just can't function, then that is certainly not going to get you to a successful place. With that being said, I started out by adding an apple and a nutty granola bar. I felt wonderful and oh, so much better. I continued to drink lots and lots of water. My plan is to start out with protein/veggie only breakfast, protein snack, and then see how I feel by lunch. I just go as far as possible until the yukky feeling starts. Then I eat a piece of fruit or small amount of carb and then resume protein and veggies/beans. I feel great and I've already lost 4 pounds this way. I suppose this is similar to moving on to phase 2. I have found that I no longer crave fast food or chocolate, which were my baddies. My son and I enjoy the ricotta/cocoa dessert each evening. Eating this way is really so simple! So if you just can't make it through phase 1 like me, just try to make a little adjustment but don't give up!!!!
mistyseaocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

I'm all for adapting things to meet your needs if it keeps you going. I eat beans for breakfast and I think that helps a lot with the funky thing. Be careful with those bar things - many have lots of sugar hiding in there and they can easily cause cravings. I have even given up on the ones that say "South Beach" except for things like travel. I tend to overeat them or they trigger me to eat more stuff. Glad to hear your positivity
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/229/165

Height: 5'5"

I am down ANOTHER 2 pounds today. I'm at 216 as of this morning. This way seems to be working great for me and I just want to encourage those who gave up to give it another try. My cravings for the bad stuff are GONE. Also, this is working wonders for my motivation. I say just keep trying things until they work. Will be stocking up on lots of veggies and beans and protein this weekend. I LOVE IT!!!
mistyseaocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 322/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft5

I agree whole heatedly! Even though I must admit phase one isn't really too much of a problem for me I really do feel a lot of the cravings are gone. Yes I must admit that I would love to be able to eat whatever I want but that is mental not physical. This diet really seems to work...
OnMyWayDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Beans and dairy really help you get through that Southbeach Flu. If this is working for you, that's great...but you can always come here for advice on how to beat that feeling (apologies if you did that already, LOL).
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote