South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-15-2011, 07:34 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default I'm going to Wendie for a week and see what happens

I did some research on the structure. Here's how I'm going to work it. During the week I normally eat a lot of the same things, so I think I can do this fairly easily.

Saturday - eating more. Not off plan, but full meals and snacks and maybe some extra on plan foods
Sunday - light choices, no snacks
Monday - regular on plan choices and portions, 2 snacks
Tuesday - regular on plan choices, 1 snack
Wednesday - light choices, no snacks
Thursday - regular on plan choices, 2 snacks
Friday - regular on plan choices, 1 snack

We'll see...
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Good luck! We're both experimenting this week, huh?!!!! Let us know how it turns out!!! Might be just what you need!!!
kmac1196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

I used to do an unofficial wendie plan years ago when I was on Weight Watchers. I have often recommended something along those lines to dieters who plateau. Seems to me that most of us have the problem of our bodies adapting to what we are eating and it can help with weight loss to keep our metabolism guessing. Good luck!
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:11 PM   #4  

Karen - what about if I did it this way? I took my first idea from the "official" version, but this might work better for me:
Saturday - eat more
Sunday - light
Monday - eat regular
Tuesday - eat light
Wednesday - eat regular
Thursday - eat light
Friday - eat regular

Would that work the same way, do you think?
Old 04-16-2011, 07:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmckellen View Post
Karen - what about if I did it this way? I took my first idea from the "official" version, but this might work better for me:
Saturday - eat more
Sunday - light
Monday - eat regular
Tuesday - eat light
Wednesday - eat regular
Thursday - eat light
Friday - eat regular

Would that work the same way, do you think?
In my mind it was pretty much about varying calories over days. Or points, as the case was with WW. Most of us ate the exact number of points every day so with Wendie you might go under one or two days per week and then over one day. I think your plan would fit that.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:57 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

I am going to join you ladies for a week and do the Wendie plan, the website has the old ww points so I just went and looked at the higher weight points that matched my points on points plus and I am going to try that and see what happens.

I am someone who tends to eat the same thing every day so that might be my problem.

Good luck to everyone and please post how you did at the end of the week.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #7  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Here is the information regarding the wendie plan and points plus. I am also doing points plus and just started phase 1 again for SB.

Taken from the WW Community Boards**

Here's the Wendie plan to get us started:. It has been revised to reflect the Points Plus program.

Pick any day for your Day 1. Then eat your points as follows:

Day 1: target +5 to 7 points
Day 2: Target + 1 point
Day 3: Target +15 to 20 points
Day 4: Target points only
Day 5: Target +4 to 5 points
Day 6: Target +2 points
Day 7: Target points only.

Target means your Daily Points.
If you follow this exactly, you'll use 27 -35 of your 49 weekly points. So if you go a little off any one given day, you'll still remain within all your points for the week.

As for AP's, there are a couple different ideas about how to use them but this is what we've been following. Earn them of course but then there are three options - 1) Wendie didn't use them because that's how she got the best consistent losses 2) only use a couple on your target days on really healthy stuff 3) if you're earning 35 or more a week, just add one or two to your target pts. before figuring out the formula... that way you make sure to be fueled for the week.

OR, try this variant of the Wendie Plan that we call the Maggie Plan:

Use all 49 WPA's in the first 3-4 days of your week, then stick to target for the last 3-4. It seems to work for many of the women on this board who try it. There are a few rules with it, though--you MUST follow the Good Health Guidelines, eat good healthy food. and have a glass of milk late afternoon/early evening.
tammies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:10 AM   #8  

OK, the Maggie plan has my name written all over it. This will work for me. I like the idea of being able to eat more Friday/Saturday/Sunday and then being very stringent Monday-Thursday. This is what I'm going to try.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Where can I find info about the Wendie plan? Is this just a way of staggering caloric input to keep the metabolism guessing or is there more to it?
fozentusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/140/125

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozentusic View Post
Where can I find info about the Wendie plan? Is this just a way of staggering caloric input to keep the metabolism guessing or is there more to it?
Yes it's a way of distributing your weekly points so you can keep your metabolism up (keeps your body guessing). You can get ideas of your point distribution using the Wendie Plan calculator:

Wendie Plan
yoyo mama is offline   Reply With Quote