South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-03-2011, 09:28 AM   #16  

Oh, and thanks for the welcome ladies! This seems like such a wonderful forum.
keepfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:58 PM   #17  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Thanks TallandThin gonna need all of that

Thanks Heidi58 How long did it take you to lose 70lbs? I did so well counting calories and when I stopped it wasn't a good choice. But since stopping I haven't been as dedicated as before.

Kmac1196, thanks for the advice. I got the old book 1.5 years ago at Good Will and never opened it until recently. I do love beans so I would definitely be willing to try it. Last night I made the quiche things with cottage cheese, egg, cinnamon and nutmeg and had my son try it with me today for a snack. WOW it was really good. My son said it taste like pumpkin pie. NOT BAD from a 13 year old. I am looking on here under SBD recipes and copying what I find that I know I will like or think I may like. I found a bean chili and a 7 layer dip just need to make sure they are for phase 1 for sure. Maybe I need to look into one of those blenders you have. I have a birthday coming up and told hubby I have no idea what I want other than a treadmill.

keepfaith ... LOL, I told you I am picky I tried string cheese/cheese sticks before and eewww I bit it and gave it to my kids, but that was the mozzarella kind, maybe I should try cheddar???? I have eaten cottage cheese before but chocked it down with peach baby food mixed with the peaches that came with it. I have to just swallow it and not think about it. I bought it on sale, trying to make myself grow up. didn't work well but I will give it another shot if it will help lower my blood sugar. Oh and I don't care for cheese cake but will give the cinnamon and vanilla addition a try.

I am a daily weigher and I am down 1lb from yesterday at 176.8 so I did something right yesterday.

Thanks for all of your kind words and help. I appreciate it

Last edited by love2b150; 04-03-2011 at 01:48 PM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #18  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome to all you new gals!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:44 PM   #19  
~Rennie

Thanks murphmitch
Old 04-03-2011, 07:35 PM   #20  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

to both of you, too! Why don't you each start your own intro thread so everyone could say hi....address any of your questions either there or on the On Plan thread. There are so many choices-I NEVER eat anything I don't like. Let us help you. You only give up fruit for 2 weeks...and it is important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepfaith View Post
Crazed, I'm starting South Beach tomorrow. I too am teetering on pre-diabetes and have to do something now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
I am new to this part of the forum also. Today is the first day trying SB and I have to tell you it is really hard for me. I don't like a lot of things and I have a major texture issue so the ricotta and the cottage cheese are gonna take some getting use to (if I can). I went on the Phase 1 recipe thread and copied a few, gonna try to make the bacon egg quiche. Dinner and lunch weren't too bad today but the salad and the meat aren't enough. I have drank a ton of water and I still want something else. This is the time when I go downstairs pull out the oyster crackers and snack till I'm full. I'm trying to stay upstairs :Crossed: What is the latest you all eat? Thanks for your help and any tips you may have.

Oh and I had a health screening and my glucose read was 200 after fasting for 13 hours so yes, something has to give. I was insulin dependent with our last two children and I don't want to go there again. I was told to get the weight (BMI) down and exercise more.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:51 PM   #21  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Lovetob150, you know eating a cold cheese stick isn't my favorite either but nuking it in the microwave until just soft changes it completely for me and I have no problem eating it that way. You might try that to see if it helps.
TallandThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:53 PM   #22  
~Rennie

Hi Lexxis ... LOL, I'm so use to just jumping in on the different threads on 3FC I got a nice welcome already and I'm a chatterbox. I've joined the On Plan thread and the challenge tread also

Tallandthin, maybe I'll give it a shot. I ate a piece of regular cheddar tonight which I know is a but I needed something solid
Old 04-04-2011, 06:56 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 180/164.8/135

My favorite before bed snack is a no sugar added fudgesicle, 2 tbsp sugar free cool whip and 2 tbsp natural peanut butter. YUMMY
Vking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:27 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 233/181/160

Height: 5'9"

Is it OK that I ordered the older book and not the Super Charged? I read that they were basically the same except SC had more on exercise.
CrazedLedZepFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:41 PM   #25  
~Rennie

Vicki, I eat the fudgsicle but way before bed ... when I don't have to work I go to bed pretty late. But I think this may be my last week working. Can I have the whipped topping on Phase 1?

CrazedLedZepFan, I only have the first book also. I plan to get the second book soon though. The reviews are really good for Super Charged and I need all the help I can get