South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 02:34 AM   #1  

Post Question About Breads On Sbd!

Hello,
I started SBD Ph2 today, and feel a bit lost about which breads I am allowed to eat. If you have specific brands that I can buy @ the supermarket, Please let me know. Thanks, and keep on dieting!
Old 03-01-2011, 03:20 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Check ingredients. The first ingredient should be a whole grain and there shouldn't be any high fructose corn syrup or preservatives in there. I like Matthew's brand but I don't know if that's in Florida or not.

Just a tip, though.... Wheat is a huge craving-causer for me, even whole wheat. I find I do better without bread most days. Or pairing bread with a high protein complement can reduce the cravings.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:59 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Kara's right, you are going to have to read labels. There have been lists of breads and cereals before but it seems as soon as we generate one a company changes their recipe SBD is really great for learning to read labels. I thought I knew how to do that before but I've learned so much more here.
Check out Choosing Bread on SBD for more concrete tips.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/149/145

I eat Earth Friendly Wheat Bread - I get it here at Woodman's. But I think that's a Wisconsin only chain though the bakery has multiple locations. Sweetened with honey, every ingredient is something I can recognize and is SB approved.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 239/200/130-140

Height: 5'8.5"

I like the sprouted wheat varieties at Trader Joe's- they don't induce too many cravings and they don't affect my weightloss the way regular ww bread does.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:33 AM   #6  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

im not on phase 2 but i know that squirrely bread its really good for you..cant remember the company who makes it though..
Old 03-06-2011, 10:41 PM   #7  

Thanks for all the great support! I still have not bought bread because I know it will probably trigger cravings. I am so happy with my results, I have lost inches, but the not so much lbs...strange but true. Please, keep on sending bread info, the more the merrier for all of us to know. Have a wonderful week, and stay on track with SBD!
Closed Thread