South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 06:45 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Weekend Chat - Feb. 19 - 20

Good morning and Happy Long Weekend for Americans and those Canadians in the "good" provinces. Nope, the "good" provinces don't celebrate American President's Day but we do have Family Day or another provincial holiday. Monday will not be a good day to try to get into a nice quiet movie matinee!

Had a fruitful trip to town yesterday and still had lots of time in the afternoon for odds and sods at my desk. I somehow developed a sore throat so begged off Book Club and hit bed early with "Fisherman's Friend", my new BF. The throat is OK this morning so I'm ready to tackle the weekend.

We're back to normal winter weather today, alas. Yesterdays sun and 50ºF was just lovely though.

I hope you have a nicely balanced weekend planned. Enjoy!
Old 02-19-2011, 07:33 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Hey all,
After a rough couple of days, I'm making my shopping list to get back on track. I've definitely become "less careful" about snacks with wine and not drinking enough water, etc. In fact last week I ate so many salty snacks I almost grossed myself out (and I gained weight which I know is water weight). So...this morning I'm going shopping and tomorrow will start with a new focus. (today is shot b/c we are having friends over and ordering pizza).

My son is feeling better so that's a huge relief. I've also got to get back my focus on exercise, so in 15 minutes I'm going out for a walk and will then hit the fruit and veg stand. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-19-2011, 07:38 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Good morning Ruth.

Our seasonal weather is back, too - we had snow over night and we may hit 25 today. But that's good. This week is school vacation week and many families around here a have skiing, skating, ice fishing or snowmobiling planned.

I'm headed to my mom's this morning. First stop though - the car wash. I took advantage of the amazing 50 degree weather and went through the car wash earlier this week, but thanks to all the wet slush and dirt roads around here now she looks like I'm on my way home from a mud run!

Have a great weekend friends!

ETA - Hi Matilda, I'm so glad your son is feeling better today. Enjoy your walk!

Last edited by Heidi58; 02-19-2011 at 07:39 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I've been awake for a while but indulged in curling up under the covers, listening to wind howling and blowing. The scent of fresh brewed coffee finally lured me out of bed.

I'm glad your throat is better and you're feeling ready to tackle your day, Ruth. Did you finally locate that special quilting thread?

Debbie, I'm very sorry to hear about your friend and have him in my prayers. Please keep us updated on his condition.

Matilda, what a frightening thing for you and your son! Did the doctor take Xrays? I would insist on them, just as a precaution. I hope he's feeling back to himself today and all is well!

Heidi, are you taking anything for that headache? I hope you're feeling better soon! (And yes, 'woman, thy name is vain.' I would have still made it to my hair appointment, too!)

After basking in near 70* weather yesterday, we're back to winter today, too, and they're even talking of possible snow in the near future. Just when practically all vestiges of snow have finally melted in the yard! I spent a very pleasant couple of hours cleaning up the flower beds yesterday, and discovered mini daffodil and crocus shoots sprouting up. Spring is coming, hopefully sooner than later!
Old 02-19-2011, 07:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Saturday, Matilda and Heidi! We were all posting at the same time!

Matilda, I'm glad your son is feeling better. Be carefu the wind doesn't blow you away on your walk this morning! It's awfully windy here today!

Heidi, have a safe drive to your mom's! It's nearly impossible to keep my car clean this time of the year. I'm just about ready to give up and wait til Spring before I wash it again.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:59 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Are you supposed to wash cars? Mine is a 2004 and has been through the car wash once. The Hyper Pypers washed it for me once two years ago and the rest of the time the rain does the job.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I checked, not a long weekend for me, but that's okay. I woke up with a headache so I will not be house cleaning this morning, and it's cold and windy, so also will not be cleaning/washing the car as I'd planned. And for Ruth, the only time I wash the car is when DH is coming home and it looks like a giant mud/salt ball. He gets a little testy about his car. I may get to the grocery store in a bit if I can kick the headache, then we'll go from there. In the meantime I decided to get started on planning a birthday party for my Dad's 80th in June. There's only one day available in June at the place I want, so I need to coordinate with the family and grab it or come up with another plan. Fortunately there is a lot of family to help, so if I get people started in the right direction, this should be pretty easy.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:03 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I was awake when Heidi was but managed to fall back to sleep for a couple of hours. It's windy around here this morning. I do have errands to run but all close to home so not too bad.

Ruth - Glad you're over the sore throat so quickly. I usually break-down and wash my car after I've had to change my clothes because I can't get in the car without getting salted. I'm also going through gallons of washer fluid. What a mess!

Matilda - I'm so glad your son is doing better this morning. What a relief for you.

Heidi - safe travels to your Mom's. I washed my car twice last week. Looks like the second half of this week will be more of the same mess, not that I'm complaining about warmer weather.

Cottage - DW likes to grind coffee in the morning and I don't get up until the machine starts its almost done gurgling We still have way too much snow to see any beds but I know they are out there somewhere!

Schmoodle - It's always nice to see you around here Monday is a flexible holiday for us. I'm going to work it and take it later when I want a long weekend (and when the weather is better). How is the less new job going?

It's a normal weekend around here Some errands, cleaning, laundry, cooking to do. I'm scanning through recipes for the crockpot so I can make dinners and some stuff for the week. Tomorrow we're off on a Trader Joe's run. Those happen every 5-6 weeks this time of year. We discovered that getting there mid morning on Sundays is the best time. It's very quiet so we can get in and get out. Weekend cooking will include crockpot baked beans, eggplant meatballs (a new recipe), curried lentils with spinach, and a baby lima bean cassoulet with lots of veggies.

Happy Saturday friends
Old 02-19-2011, 09:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Natasha - I hope you are feeling better today.

TallandThin - Next week I can finally get back to full exercise and I know it is going to be hard. I am finding inspiration from you today

Matilda - Scary! Glad he is better today.

Heidi - Photos? I forgot about vacation week; I grew up out east but here in the Midwest we do one week in March instead.

Ruth - Glad to hear you are feeling better already.

Linda - Our weather is up and down here too. Spring tomorrow; winter Monday.

Schmoodle - Hope your headache fades fast. Seems to be a lot of that going around.

Cyndi - I love using my crockpot! We need more recipes on here for that.

So when DH went out to get the paper this morning he noticed the top of the car our teen drives was bashed in. Can't wait to hear the story about that. We are giving him the benefit of the doubt, so far. It is discouraging how much damage has seemingly happened to what was once a very nice car while he's been the primary driver. Sigh. Anyhoo, he has to go up to school for an activity later this morning so not sure when we'll talk.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Yesterday night just went south. I got a call from my mom that my uncle's, who is only 45,brain is swelling and he has a blood clot. They have transfered him to Denver from up here. The hospital in Denver is better equipped to handle neuro issues. My parents went with my aunt last night. I am headed down later, I am just waiting on a call for what they want me to bring. I do know I have to stop by my aunt and uncle's to feed their cat.
I did get a text this morning that they gave him blood products and are hoping to do surgery this morning. His platlets had gotten low so they couldn't do surgery last night. We are just wondering to what is causing this. We already had one scare this year with my aunt who had ovarian cancer and we almost lost her when she became septic. She is young to at only 50. Prayers are needed.

Jasmine
Old 02-19-2011, 12:41 PM   #11  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Ruth, what kind of "special" quilting thread were you looking for?

Heidi, Hope you get rid of that darn headache today. I must have missed it when you reached your goal. Congrats! Every time one of us makes it, it is so inspiring to the rest of us still trying. Proud of you and hope to be able to do the same some day soon. Would love to see a picture of your new do!

Mm, I made it on plan yesterday so come join me, it isn't that hard once you put your mind to it. Glad your man child is doing better.

Schmoodle, sorry about you having a headache too. Too many folks are suffering this time of year. Good luck in planning the bd party. Coordinating family can be a challenge sometimes.

Tanner'smom, So sorry to hear about your uncle. Will be thinking of him and hoping for strength for you and your family to get thru this.

We work to snow this morning but the sun is out now and it is melting fast so I'm out the door for a walk. Don't think I will try to go any further yet but will walk as far as I did yesterday.

Take care my friends and hope you all have a great on plan day on the beach.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:09 PM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Scale moved finally! Woohoo! Not much, but it's nice to see a lower number. I had just about lost my motivation for hitting my 5 lb goal for February, but I actually have a shot!

Got all our weekend errands accomplished already! Anna's team won their vball game (GO JAGS!) Then we ran to Walmart for groceries, Old Navy (I used the rest of my gift card on a shirt,) County Market for "Penny Pinchers," and now we're home and waiting for Roly Poly to arrive. (My order is OP, don't worry! Mmmm!)

I hope everyone is having a good Saturday!

Lisa
Old 02-19-2011, 01:58 PM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone

Jasmine, looking East sending prayers your direction. Denver has great neuro!

I'm just checking in really quick...we drove over early this am and I'm headed to Denver, too. I'm going to take my bike.

Hope I get to check back later. My friend came through surgery successfully but that's all I know right now.

Take care everyone!
Old 02-19-2011, 02:20 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 218.5/211.1/175

Height: 5' 4"

Default Don't know what I am doing yet on this site!

I'm not new to SBD but am new to this website and these threads. I haven't lost any weight for about 5 months now (but have remained the same) --I think this is probably called phase 3! Last year I lost 22 pounds before going all unfocussed in September/October.

Tomorrow I am restarting on Phase 1 with great seriousness, as Hemingway might say. Ruth--you were wonderful to explain the source of the new food guidelines. What is the thread's opinion on whether it is worth it to buy the 2008 edition of the SBD book?

Sharon
Old 02-19-2011, 03:06 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Hi Sharon and Welcome to The Daily. The new book is slightly (2008) different from the 2004 version in that it talks more about exercise and has added new things to the Food Lists.

TallandThin, I was looking for invisible thread and for a thread called Bottom Line, a very thin thread that allows we to quilt a whole quilt without running out of bobbin thread.

Hey! What's with all the headaches? I even have one.

The dogs are threatening to attack and eat me if I don't get out to get them some dog food so I am about to bundle up against the snowstorm and head for the store.
Closed Thread