South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 05:26 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Daily Chat-Tuesday February 8

Good Morning

We are getting lots of snow again! Just in time for my Sister to fly into Denver tonight. I don't know if she'll make it but we'll deal with that later. I've shoveled on the West side of the house hoping Rudi can get out the back door. If I could get him out, I'd go back to bed.

Yesterday, I caved to snacking in the afternoon. I took a nap then got up and prepared dinner OP.

How is your day shaping up? Stop by and visit before heading out today!
Old 02-08-2011, 05:37 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Morning, Debbie! I hope your sister can make it to see you! Good job getting back on plan for dinner and not throwing away the whole day.

I'm tired today. I'm hoping Lukas will want to take a little rest in a bit when the laundry finishes. I'm waiting on one load to dry and then I can fold it and put away all four loads. The other clothes are already folded.

We're having stir fry for lunch. Yummeeeee! Then it's off to Daisy Girl Scouts for Kadyn and martial arts for Connor.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:57 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm off to a 7:30 PT appt. (whose dumb idea was that?!) then a meeting or two and back home to WFH midday. I'm off again for an evening meeting so exercise is going to fit into that midday portion.

Debbie - Hope your sister makes it in without any problems. Good luck getting back to sleep.

Kara - Your lunch plans sounds yummy. Thinking I might have to try that today too

It's snowy out but so far no schools are closed. It looks like this is the last one for a little while around here. I really hope it stays snow free through the weekend. My parents are so looking forward to having us all there for the weekend. My brother has had bad luck flying in since he moved to VA. He ended up back in VA last year without ever getting off the plane in NY. Hope it all works out.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:59 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi, Kara! I'm tired, too. I hope you get a little rest today. Enjoy your stir fry. I'm going to nap for a bit before doing some crazy snow shoveling.

Cyndi, I do hope that your weather holds for this weekend. Who did schedule that 730 appt?? lol

Last edited by Lexxiss; 02-08-2011 at 06:00 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:13 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,
Cyndi, when I saw you wrote "snow" I rushed to the window, but it's only raining for us here - I thought it was to go below freezing, but maybe it's not? It's too early to turn on the tv, so I'll just have to wait until DH stirs so I can put it on in the bedroom.

I'm dealing with some stress regarding my parents, and it's really getting me down. Such a long story and fills me with guilt. I NEVER want to do this to my kid! I read somewhere that people who did not go through their own parent's aging approach their own very differently. Both my parents were absent during this process for their own parents, or at least very disengaged. Sigh.

Anyway, I am so sick of the dark and the cold...took out my SAD light this morning and should start using it again. Can't wait for it actually to be light when I get out of bed in the AM! It is nice that it's not dark at 5 when I leave work though.

Sorry for the rant. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I went to bed at 10 last night but was wide awake until just after midnight when I finally decided to take a sleeping pill, so I'm tired this morning, too. At least the temps stayed mild enough overnight that it's only raining here, and that should be out of here soon.

Deb, I hope your sister doesn't have any problems flying in.

Kara, I hope Lucas decides it's a good time for a nice long nap! Enjoy your stirfry.

Cyndi, I sure hope the weather doesn't interfer with your parent's anniversary this weekend. It does look like it's going to be dry for the next week or so, so you should be OK. Whose bright idea was it to have such an early meeting? I hope there's plenty of strong, hot coffee!

Matilda, I'm sorry you're going through a stressful time concerning your parents and hope it all works out. In the past 2 years, I've really noticed how my parents are aging and looking frail. I'm just thankful that I live nearby so I can check on them regularly. I hope your SAD light makes a big difference for you!
Old 02-08-2011, 06:50 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie as I have an overbooked day. Cyndi and I need to get it together!

I have the furnace cleaner coming for 8, a Mill Board member at 9:30 to plough through financials and have to be in Perth (50 mins. away) for the afternoon to evaluate a new therapy dog and owner. I've met the dog at the first evaluation but the handler is new and, as they say in Scotland, "I hae me doots!" I hope it goes well as we really need dog visits at this nursing home.

Lexxis, I do hope your sister makes it OK and that you get back to sleep.

Kara, naps are very, very important - more important than clean clothes.

Cyndi, we have snow in the forecast right through to Sunday. I'm hoping they are lying.

Matilda, getting old sucks - for everyone - and so does winter dark. I hope your day brightens. We are getting nearly three more minutes of daylight. Right now it's just moved from black to dark grey out my window.

Cottage, sorry about the lousy sleep. It sure would help if we could just turn off our brains!

Jazz is really cuddly this morning and looks adorable in his new haircut. Holly did not have to shave him but worked the mats out with the combs. He adores her so was very patient. I'm going to take a moment to cuddle him and have another coffee before I prepare for the gentlemen callers.

Join me.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, I just poured myself another cup of coffee and am ready to join you. Now, where's a snuggly wee pup to cuddle in my lap?
Old 02-08-2011, 07:14 AM   #9  
Be happy.

Good morning!

It's snowing here, too, but thankfully school is on as usual. I'm not going today but I don't want to tack another day on at the end of June.

I'm off to have a root canal this morning. I broke my tooth in Sept. and we went with the 'quick fix', hoping that that would be enough but the tooth has turned gray and is painful at times so when I got my teeth cleaned last month it was decided that I need to have it repaired properly now. I took the whole day off because I'm not sure how I'll feel afterward, but I've got my technology class this afternoon and I'm planning to go in for that.

Debbie, I hope Rudi is all set and you're back in bed by now. Good luck to your sister (and to whoever has to drive to the airport to get her). I hate winter travel.

Kara, I hope you and Lukas are snoozing now too!

Cyndi, I'm feeling the same way about the weather. I really want/need to go see my mom but the weather has made it so hard. I've got my fingers crossed for this weekend, too. Have a good day today!

Hi Matilda, I'm sorry about the family stress you're under. Watching our parents age and struggle with health and other issues is so hard, but it sure beats not having them anymore. I hope things will get easier for you and your parents.

Linda, I just saw your post when I previewed mine - you're part of the sleepy crew this morning, too, eh? I wonder what the chances are for you to nap today? Probably not very good, so I hope you'll feel better as the day goes on.

Good morning Ruth - I just made a mental note to myself, next time I have to hang around waiting for a repairman to show up at my house I'm going to tell myself I'm waiting for a 'gentleman caller'. That sounds so much more exciting!

Have a great day friends!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning!!

Snowed here last night, but school is not canceled. I really hope the roads are okay. The wind was awful so I didn't get a lot of sleep last night.

Totally feel off program last night, but today is a new day. I do have to admit I felt horrible and still feel yucky from it.

Have a great Tuesday!!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:38 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Debbie - I hope your sister makes it! I need a better afternoon snack routine, I eat to much and am always hungry again before dinner.

Kara - I so just remembered that I did laundry yesterday that is still sitting there! Oops.

Cyndi - I hope the weather holds for you!

Matilda -

Linda - Rain!? What's that?

Ruth - Maybe the handler will be a nice surprise.

Heidi - Ouch!

Tanner's Mom - Funny how crappy it can make us feel. I wish I remembered that when I am tempted to go off plan. Here's to a great eating day for us all.

Yawn here too. My teen had to get up at 4:30 today to film a segment for his broadcast show. He woke up but I had set an alarm to check on him, and because that's what I do Just heard from him and he's running late for school now. We are getting a little dusting today.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:54 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning!!!

Kara- Hope you get a cat nap in there.

Debbie- Hope your sister makes it in safely.

Matilda- I have noticed my parents are getting much more fragile looking but they live 10 1/2 hours away by car. We are going not this weekend but next weekend to spent with them. Trying to spend as much time as possible with them.

to everyone else I got a meeting in 6 minutes gotta go
Old 02-08-2011, 09:35 AM   #13  
sophie

good morning,

not much to say here. Cheer up everyone winter is half done.
take care
Sophie
Old 02-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #14  
Visualizing the Goal

Just finished lunch. Stir fry was not a hit with the kids, which is odd because they like all the veggies I used in it. Kids are weird.

Cyndi, I hope your PT appointment went well!

Matilda, I do hope that a clear, workable answer arises for the situation with your parents. I'm sorry it's stressful!

Linda, I hate not being able to sleep. It messes with your whole day. Have you ever tried journaling at night?

Ruth, thanks for the advice. I ended up getting a nap and then folding the rest of the clothes, so both got accomplished!

Heidi, good luck at your dentist appointment!

Tanner's mom, get back on that horse, girl!

Rose, hope your day isn't too crazy!

Sophie, here's to winter being half over!

Last edited by tomandkara; 02-08-2011 at 09:38 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:44 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 170/149/145

Gooooooood Morning!

That's all I got
Closed Thread