South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 03:27 AM   #1  
Mous

Smile SBD Daily Chat for Jan 13th

Morning Everyone

So many of you are talking about combining SB with WW that I am wondering if I should? I got my renewal at home card in the make yesterday....another sign? It is a cost of $119! When I was 18 I had my first success with WW. Later it was SB then CAD. So I am seriously thinking about it. What are your views? TY

Last edited by LADY WINDSONG; 01-13-2011 at 04:00 AM. Reason: adding more
Old 01-13-2011, 04:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, Lady Windsong!!! Unfortunately, I can't answer that question for you...I've never done WW. I'm sure some of these lovely ladies will be more than helpful for you, though.

Well, today my nephew is serving as a pallbearer at his great grandfather's funeral. He was 88 years old and a retired police chief. He's well known around these parts and, even after having retired YEARS ago, is still called "Chief" by most people who know him. It will be a law enforcement funeral which, despite the sad occasion, is a really beautiful sight to behold. My nephew is 17 and seems to have a good head on his shoulders about the whole thing, but I'll be keeping an eye on him to make sure he's okay today.

Other than the funeral, my plans for today are gym, sleep, work, and then gym again. I may throw in some shake-weights somewhere in there. Gotta get ready for my 5K this Saturday...woot woot!!!

Hope everyone is having a good morning. Grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and tell us about your day.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:20 AM   #3  
Mous

5K this Saturday. Good luck. SS about Chief but he was loved and admired.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:12 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Wow, is everyone sleeping in today? I've gotten used to lots of chatter by 6 am

Good morning It looks like we ended up with somewhere between 18" and 2' of snow. The official total for our town is 22". Guess that makes up for all the snow we didn't get in December. We are good at clean-up around here so I don't expect any trouble when I hit the roads today. I will stay in my home county so I know exactly what I'm getting into.

Lady - My take on combining SBD with other plans is that it really depends on each of us and our prior food issues. I have been overweight since I was 7 (literally) and have a history of eating disorders including binge eating. Food is a loaded issue for me and portion control and head cravings will always be a challenge. I have used calorie counting almost since the beginning as a portion control technique and am experimenting with WW the same way. I've also incorporated ideas from all kinds of books and plans to create an eating style that works for me. I think successful maintenance involves lots of tweaking and adjusting to find our own individual path. Wow, sorry that was so long!

Natasha - You are such a good aunt Your niece and nephew are lucky to have you in their lives.
Hey, good luck this weekend! Can't wait to hear about it. You've got me thinking about signing up for that sort of thing this summer. I'm looking for a little longer but something I can walk. Running is so not happening for me (so say more than one doctor and I proved that by ignoring them a couple of years ago. ouch) but I love the idea of having something to train for. DD and I have been investigating things around Boston.

It was nice to be WFH yesterday but data entry sure is boring. I'll be out meeting new people today, one of my favorite things to do. Then it's The Talk with my supervisor this afternoon. They are already making a good guess about my agenda and starting the let's make a deal phase. It's nice to be appreciated but I've got good reason not to trust their promises. I'm not sure if there's a good answer. The bottom line is that I need my life back so I need less pressure, less expectation of crazy hours, and more boundaries. It's also hard for me to take that when my coworkers don't. That's my issue though. We shall see

Tomorrow I'm off to visit the folks for the weekend. DD will be there Saturday dinner and overnight so that will be extra fun. I hope to get things set to move them to high speed internet when DW and I are there in Feb.

Time to get working on this day. Hope your Thursday whizzes by.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:17 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Lady Windsong, I am doing SBD and tracking my consumption with points plus, but I am using it as a learning tool since I feel portion control and making good food choices (when two healthy things are available, choosing the food that will give me the most bang for my buck) have always been issues for me. So that is why I am doing both, but I am following the SBD eating plan. It's really great that vegetables are free on the new plan, and even when I get to Phase 2 and 3 I'm only going to allow myself one fruit a day, and it will be a SBD friendly fruit at that. So that's why I'm doing both. I'm sure others will chime in.

Made it through another day. I've got to come up with a plan for this weekend. My mom won't be offended if I bring my own food (and we are going out on Saturday night anyway, so I'll just have to make a SBD Phase 1 appropriate choice at dinner) and she won't bat an eyelash if I tell her I'm dieting. So I need to bring lunch for Saturday, a snack for Saturday afternoon, and breakfast on Sunday. I can do that. The hardest part will be declining wine, as my parents tend to make me loco these days. But in my mind I will just visualize myself saying "no thanks" over and over until on Saturday night the words just magically emanate from my mouth without me even thinking about it.

I'm getting over my cold and have PT today anyway, so I wasn't planning to exercise. Hopefully tomorrow I can get back to the gym. Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 01-13-2011, 06:31 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

LadyWindsong, thanks for getting us started this morning! I've never done WW, but have certainly researched it from time to time. I think their new plan sounds great, and if I were to do it, I'd combine it w/SBD. I really think SBD has hit the nail on the head regarding specific food do's and don'ts. I'm working on my "portion control" through Beck Diet Solution as I just don't have the oomph to add another thing in my life right now. I think anything we do which keeps us on the path of WL and health is great!

Natasha, I hope your 5K is somewhere with good weather!

Cyndi, wow! Lots of snow!

Matilda(Mmckellen), it sounds like you have a good plan in place for the weekend. Nice that mom is agreeable to foods you can eat. Hang tough, just like last weekend! You are strong!

Me, working on the dishwasher....It's in place, plugged in and so far so good. I'm missing the proper connection for the water and will go for that at 7. Today is water aerobics and general work. I'm sure glad I got those reports sent in before starting the kitchen project.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 01-13-2011 at 06:33 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:38 AM   #7  
Be happy.

Good morning, I was shoveling that's why I didn't get here earlier!
We got more snow than expected - over a foot - so I'm happy about that. I hope to get out on my snowshoes this afternoon if it's not dark by the time I get home from my after school meeting.

My weight is up again today and I don't know why. I'm sure it's not a real gain because I ate carefully and I've been exercising. I'm guessing it's either some hidden sodium or a hormone thing. It wouldn't really matter except that I am so darn anxious to get to 139. I haven't seen the 130's for over 20 years and I'm as excited as a kid waiting for Christmas!

Gotta get going, the car is running and must be warmed up by now. Have a great Thursday friends!
Old 01-13-2011, 06:43 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone...just dropping by quickly to say hello. Hope to get back for personals later on. Happy Thursday!
Old 01-13-2011, 06:51 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning everyone! Any coffee left?

It was really nice to stay home yesterday, but now the week feels all messed up. I'm sure it will sort itself out eventually, though.

Heidi, I just know you are finally going to see that elusive number very soon, and I can't wait until you do. I think I'm almost as excited as you are!

Debbie, I hope you can find the right part you need for the dishwasher.

Matilda, I'm glad your cold didn't get too bad and that you're feeling better. You have a good plan in place, and I think you'll get through the weekend just fine. Stay strong!

Cyndi, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a good outcome from The Talk today!

Natasha, your nephew is fortunate to have such a caring aunt to look out for him. I hope he gets through the funeral OK.

Lady Windsong, I'm not much help regarding the WW thing. I tried to follow WW before starting SBD, but the point thing drove me nuts.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:21 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for the early start, LadyWindsong. I can never figure out if you are just going to bed or a very early riser. Is it the Colorado air? I've been a WW member many times - every programme since the 1960's - and think it would combine well with SBD. However, I'm cheap and just use calorie counting for portion control.

Natasha, I am so impressed by folks who run any distance, let alone the 5K! I'll be thinking of you Saturday when I debate whether or not to get on my treadmill. I'm sure the Chief's funeral today will be most impressive.

Lexxis, I am impressed by your skills! I'm inclined to just call a "guy" for stuff like that although I have changed elements in ovens and a thermostat in a fridge. Oh, a solenoid in a washer too.

Cyndi, I'll be thinking about you today. Too bad this new job is becoming a hassle. Stick to you guns. I know you won't be manipulated or womanipulated as the case may be.

Mmck, I'm glad you can control your food when visiting your parents. I'd have a hard time with the wine too. It's good to hear your cold is leaving the building.

Heidi, snow shoeing will certainly be a workout. I tried it once and it nearly killed my inner thighs. Doesn't a warmed up car make cold mornings so much easier? I've hinted for one of those automatic starters for years but my kids don't bite!

Litar, Have a good day!

Cottage, of course we saved you some coffee! Now if you stayed home yesterday, does that make today your Friday or is it really your Thursday? Are the girlies enjoying the snow?

My furries really love the snow. Jazz comes in covered and Disney actually rolls in it. They want to go out a lot and take turns barking at the door when they want to come in to warm up. They really make em smile.

I need to get in gear and shovel out my car so I can get to the ATM. Donna comes to clean and wants money for doing it. Silly woman! I'm still plugging away at accounting but will be quilting part of today since someone is coming to print off a report on my PC.

Happy Thursday!
Old 01-13-2011, 07:27 AM   #11  
Mous

Ty all

Watching Off The Map and I really liked it.

I am bloated this morning. Yuck! I really feel FAT with it! Terrible feeling.

Had a good time at the store seeing all the things and I bought some fresh yellow fin tuna for $2! $9.99 a pound! On managers markdown.

I am still having my cheek problem/tooth but it is lessening.

So glad we aren't getting any more snow for a bit.

Watched Bl and it was interesting. I wouldn't want to weigh what they do and I couldn't do what they do. It would KILL me!

No plans for the weekend coming up other than to go get Mad's battery and go to the bank.

Didn't watch the cape and haven't decided if I will. If I do it will be for the weekend viewing.

Have a happy day everyone.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:38 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, I'm trying to figure out whether today's my Friday, or is it really Thursday. I guess I'll just wait and see whether Cindy would like me to come in tomorrow or not. (I hope 'NOT') And the answer to whether the girls like the snow, a big YES! They love sledding and tobagganing down the hills on their farm and skating on their pond, and they are both pretty good skiers, too. I think they were a little disappointed when they only had a 2-hour delay yesterday, and couldn't wait to get home to play in the snow.
Silly Donna! Why don't you just write her a check?
Old 01-13-2011, 08:32 AM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Windsong - there is a great thread going for your WW question here, in case you missed it. If you just go for one meeting to get the new info it is only $12. I went yesterday to see what all the buzz was about; I did WW many years ago. I hate counting points which is part of why I prefer SBD. I have all those shows recorded.

Natasha - Sounds rather bittersweet. I went to one military funeral and it was very touching. 5K? Good for you!

Cyndi - Thursdays are late arrival day for my teen so I was being lazy this morning. Glad they clear the roads well there. I hope The Talk goes well.

Matilda - Sounds like you have a good plan for the weekend.

Debbie - How are your teeth today?

Heidi - They would so have canceled school here for that huge snow!

Litar - Hello!

Linda - I get so confused about what day it is when we have an snow day. And next week my teen is off both Monday and Tuesday so I'll be really messed up!

Ruth - The new WW plan does not use calories at all! Sort of crazy.

So today is filled with pre-surgery niggles. Lots of laundry tops the list. My oldest if off his Nile cruise and has a free day in Cairo so I am going to try to stick near my computer in case he gets an internet opportunity.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:04 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick flyby for me, sounds like everyone is doing great!!!!
Old 01-13-2011, 10:32 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 170/149/145

Mornin' All!!

Facing my first dinner out tonight with my sister and two of our girl type friends. We're going someplace that SHOULD have Phase I choices - I've been dreading looking at the menu. I love love love their Cuban and am trying to visualize not having it. But I won't, and that's the first time I've said something like that with certainty in a long time. (I love having you all here to hold me to my goals!)

LADY WINDSONG - I'm so excited for you!!!! I can't wait till I can get back outside running again - you'll do great!

Mmckellen - Good work on your plan for the weekend - alcohol is how I get through visits with my family as well, so I'll be sending you willpower vibes this weekend

Heidi58 - I am right there with you. My scale was up a pound last night, probably sodium induced for me, but it's still discouraging. Tomorrow is jeans day at work, so we'll see if they fit any better than they did last week. (They were just hitting that "too tight to wear to work" spot when I started SB).

WaistingTime - Hope you get a check in today...would be a nice thing before your surgery! Don't wear yourself out with chores...they'll all still be there after!
Closed Thread