South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #16  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Have I mentioned that it's COLD????? Also, have I mention I do not LIKE cold????? My body is killing me today. Degenerative arthritis + fibromyalgia = Owie today.

Good news is, I had a long-for-desired bathroom celebration last night and am down 2 lbs. YES! I'll take it. Still OP, fun fun fun.

Busy week at work again. We're still playing catch-up from the holidays. Wheeee! This weekend will be busy for us. We just never seem to have a couple of days where we don't have to do anything! Picking the dogs up from the kennel on Saturday morning, Anna's vball game, grocery shopping, and trivia night at the school Saturday night. Then Sunday is Chris' niece's birthday party. Chris has Monday off so he and Anna will stay home where it's nice and warm, and I'll go to work and twiddle my thumbs since most of the Financial Instutions and government agencies will be off in remembrance of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., yet my company is still open.

Well anyhoozle, I should probably get back to work. Just wanted to pop in and say hi. Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Lisa

Last edited by weezle; 01-13-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:27 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 164/164/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all. This is my third day on this site, and I love it! Feel so much more motivated. I was frustrated because my weight was going up, and I felt really, really bloated, but I am down 3 pounds! I wish it were 20, but it has only been a week! Things will be much easier when hubby gets home Saturday because I have a problem making meals for myself when he is away and we are both doing SBD. It is usually coffee, diet coke, water, snacks (nuts,string cheese stuff like that) but I have been forcing myself to make meals and drink a lot of water and I feel much better. I guess I never took into consideration the fact that I was possibly not eating enough and that could be the reason for the way I was feeling. I went through the book again last night (the newer one SBD Supercharged) and am starting the exercises today. Thanks to everyone for the motivation. I love reading everyone's posts. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 01-13-2011, 12:35 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 182/151/140

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning everyone, although I guess it's not morning for most of you now. Most of the snow has melted and we are back to our usual rainy weather here in the Pacific Northwest. I love the snow, especially now that I'm not working and don't have to worry about driving in it. My DGS and I were able to build a snowman yesterday afternoon before it all melted. He is so cute. When I picked him up from preschool he wanted to know if I put the "tissmas" tree up. He's only 2 and a half but for some reason he associates snow with Christmas.

Phase 1 is going well. I need to motivate myself to go to Costco so we can have roasted chicken for dinner today. I'm sure they inject it with stuff to make it so moist but it tastes so good. My DH and DS2 love it too.

Lady Windsong, after reading all the posts about WW, I was thinking about trying it too but then I remembered that one of the reasons I like SB and have been relatively successful with it is that I dont have to obsess with counting points or calories. I am mindful of calories and portions but I like to think of SB as a way of life and I dont want to be counting points and calories for the rest of my life. But that being said, if you are having trouble with portion control it could be a useful tool to get yourself on track. Everyone is different and different things work for different people.

Sorry for the long post. Have a great day.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #19  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

Good Morning Everyone!
Natasha, good luck on your 5K. When it gets desperate, I sing the song that the blue fish sings in Finding Nemo to myself in my head.... "Just keep swimming..." except I usually say "Just keep running"....

Windsong, that bloated feeling sucks- but just drink your water today and hopefully tomorrow things are better.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday!
Old 01-13-2011, 01:22 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Sorry about my absence. I've just been hanging out.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:54 PM   #21  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Howdy friends. Just stopping by to check in and let you know that I'm still on plan with my eating. One day at a time, right? Managing to keep fairly busy so time isn't crawling until I can get back home. Being able to check in here does help. Later

Last edited by TallandThin; 01-13-2011 at 11:17 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:19 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Hello,

It's a late drop in today. I just made the spaghetti squash pie that is in the recipes above. It was good. I think next time I might add seasoning to the squash.

I have done WW in the past. I do admit I like not having to count points. I am trying to keep my portions in control. If and when my weight loss stalls that will probably be when I look at my protion sizes.

Have a good night and stay warm.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:18 PM   #23  
Mini-goal: 260

S/C/G: 325/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

No time for much conversation. But I had to share: my younger daughter is ENGAGED!
Old 01-13-2011, 10:22 PM   #24  
Be happy.

Congratulations Annie!
Old 01-14-2011, 02:20 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Congrats Annie.
Closed Thread