South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 03:20 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

USERNAME/NAME: asphyxia63/katie

BIRTHDAY: January 6

MARITAL STATUS: married, newlywed

CHILDREN: none, well, my kitties

TOP WEIGHT: around 150 lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 139 lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: 110 lbs

HEIGHT: 5'1

EYE COLOR: greenish

HAIR COLOR: dark brown with some reddish tones

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: sewing, cooking, crafting, kitties

PETS: two kitties a big fluffy orange one and a little gray and white one

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Central New York State, USA

FAVORITE COLOR: black, pink, yellow

FAVORITE FOODS: cheese

FAVORITE EXERCISE: roller skating, particularly roller derby

FAVORITE BOOK(S): don't read much, most recent probably twilight series

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): true romance, empire records

FAVORITE MUSIC: lots of things... rare 60's girl groups, cyndi lauper, things that are fun to sing/dance to

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: boredom snacking, binge eating, breads, pastas

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: i want to feel good about myself! pay attention to what triggers the eating and avoid it!
Old 05-11-2011, 10:38 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 215/164/150

Height: 5'11"

Basic facts:
Name (real first name if you feel comfortable): Alice
Age (or general age group): 26
Where you live: Oklahoma City
Where you grew up: Indiana
Other places you’ve lived: West Virginia, Florida, Arkansas, Virginia, Texas
Do you have kids? nope
Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? middle of three girls
Who do you live with? My older sister
Current job or field of work / studies: I'm unemployed and that's why I'm living with my sister

Why did you choose South Beach? My sister needs to lose weight and bought the SBD book and cookbook at Half Price Books. I read the books and decide this wasn't some hokey diet that was unhealthy so I'm doing the diet with her and helping us both get healthier!
Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? See above.

Beyond the facts
Favorite books:
I like to read nonfiction books that are about local history or are memoirs of ordinary people. One of my favorites is The Orchard: A Memoir by Adele Crocket Robertson.
Favorite kinds of music / bands: I like classic rock, oldies, country, and bluegrass the best, but will listen to almost anything
Favorite movies: I like funny upbeat movies and some actions. I refuse to watch horror movies or dramas that leave you feeling depressed afterwards
Hobbies: gardening, hiking, kayaking, reading
Passions / obsessions: living sustainably and locally as much as possible
Got pets? a dog name Wonderland and a cat name Rocky Balboa
The place you’d most like to visit: Everywhere! I love to travel and take roadtrips with my animals.

At my heaviest I weighed 215 lbs
By eating smaller portion size I am down to 165
Hopefully with the help of SB I can reach 150!
Old 05-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #48  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default FurnaceOfAchievement Bio

USERNAME/NAME: FurnaceOfAchievement/Sarah

BIRTHDAY: October 31

MARITAL STATUS: engaged

CHILDREN: just dogs and horses!

TOP WEIGHT: 210 lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 172 lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: 145 lbs

HEIGHT: 5'6

EYE COLOR: brown

HAIR COLOR: blonde (its fake!)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: eventing & trail rides on horses, reading, movies

PETS: 1 miniature German Shepherd, 1 Cairn Terrier/Schnauzer mix, 2 Paint horses

OCCUPATION: Commercial (Industrial) Real Estate Development & Management

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Ventura, California, USA

FAVORITE COLOR: Blue & Pink

FAVORITE FOODS: I'm pretty sure this is a trick question.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Anything that keeps my mind off of it.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Romance novels, anthropology & history non-fiction

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): The Matrix

FAVORITE MUSIC: Techno

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Fast/convenience foods. No time to cook = unhealthy choices.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I realize that this is for the rest of my life, that maintaining takes a lot of effort. Once I get where I'm going, I'm NOT gonna let it slip away again.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:58 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 252

Height: 5"7

User name/name: Deadby30 /Anna

Birthday:

MARITAL STATUS:Married

Children/ages: One four year old little boy 2 Angels

HEIGHT: 5' 7

TOP Weight: 260
Current Weight 252!

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Blonde

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, writing, camping!

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Canada

FAVORITE COLOR: Blue or Yellow

FAVORITE FOODS: Pepsi, Cake, Cookies ( horrible I know)

FAVORITE EXERCISE: biking, used to be swimming too

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Far too many

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Anything by Wes Craven, Stephen King.. Horror Fanatic

FAVORITE MUSIC: Jason Mraz, Beyonce, Great Big Sea, JLO, Diana kroll, so many!

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Binge eater, I suffer from CPTSD and its been my copping mechanism forever!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Im in trouble now, Cholesterol is through the roof, blood clots in my legs, 2 ankle surgery's, and type 2... My doctor has told me to change or I'll be dead by 30 So with the help of my husband and doctor Im gonna make this work ..

Last edited by Deadby30; 05-31-2011 at 01:01 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:45 AM   #50  
A chocoholic on a diet!

S/C/G: 124/119/80 Kilograms

Height: 5' 7"

Basic facts:
Name (real first name if you feel comfortable): Tina
Age (or general age group): 33
Where you live: Athens, Greece
Where you grew up: New Jersey, USA
Other places you’ve lived: Lived in Kent UK and Glasgow, Scotland.
Do you have kids? Twin boys, 5 1/2 years old
Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? I am the oldest, I've got two younger brothers
Languages, beside English, you speak: Greek and a little French. I can also read and understand Italian and German but don't speak them very well.
Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)? Hubby and the boys.
Current job or field of work / studies: I sculpt and sell one of a kind art dolls.
Why did you choose South Beach? It seemed like something right up my alley plus it promiuses to dissolve my insulin resitance problems and (ultimately/possibly) my fertility problems.
What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals?I am ok with my lifestyle other than the weight. I am active, I do not drink or smoke, I eat plenty of fruits and veggies. I would like to do some form of regular exercise except walking but I can't at my current weight.
Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? I've put hubby on the diet too and my best friend also is on a diet (but a different one called Duncan)

Beyond the facts
Favorite books: I love biographies and true stories with children, especially those with disabilities like my son or success stories on infertility. I also love Sci-Fi books but my all time favorite is the Princess Bride (the short version lol!)
Favorite kinds of music / bands: Rock music especially Queen. The Beattles, some pop, country and Gospel.
Favorite movies: The Princess Bride, Star Trek XI (ok, ALL Star Trek!!)
Favorite saying / quote: If you want the Rainbow, you must put up with the rain!
Favorite holiday: Christmas
Hobbies: Graphic design, photography (I actually work as a photographer on occasion), digital scrapbooking, baking, cake decorating.
Passions / obsessions: My work and my kids
Are you a camping and hiking kind of person or do you prefer less sweaty and “roughing it” kinds of activities? Camping is not popular in Greece in general and hubby hates it. I travel a lot though for business.
Got pets? What kind? (feel free to add some adorable photos) We've got a Blue Siamese, Beau Hugs (almost 7 years old) and a Black Labrador Retriever, trained especially for kids with disabilities as an aid/work/companion dog for John.
Do you live somewhere urban, rural, or suburban? I live in a large city unfortunately.
The place you’d most like to visit: Hawaii!!!
Best thing that ever happened to you: My kids
Tell us something else about yourself that you want to share that not too many people know: I play it "cool" about my weight but it is killing me inside. Plus I am terrified that weighing less does not mean I will have a nice body. Where will all that extra skin go? I will look terrible naked after I've lost the weight and I can't bear the thought of plastic surgery
Old 06-13-2011, 01:07 AM   #51  
Returning Chick

S/C/G: 195/185/135

Height: 5'1

User name/name: Strawbryrain / Marie
Birthday: April 2nd
MARITAL STATUS: Single, and loving it/not interested.
Children/ages: None yet; probably none ever, truth be told.
HEIGHT: 5' 1"
EYE COLOR: Dark brown
HAIR COLOR: Medium Brown
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Playing video games, surfing the 'net, making chopsticks
OCCUPATION: Hardware customer service (In other words, I sell nuts and bolts. Very chic, you know...)
GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: A small town called Hanceville, in northern Alabama.
FAVORITE COLOR: I have several, really. Indigo, dark blue, dark teal, and grey.
FAVORITE FOODS: My mom's chicken casserole... OMG. *drool*
FAVORITE EXERCISE: I LOVE to jump rope. I also enjoy swimming, though I don't get to hit the water much.
FAVORITE BOOK(S): Song of Ice and Fire series, Maximum Ride series, Inheritance series, Bullfinch's Mythology, and too many to name of my wonderful collection of herbal healing books.
FAVORITE MOVIE(S): The Last Samurai, Memoirs of a Geisha, Lord of the Rings, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
FAVORITE MUSIC: Oh gosh, way too many to mention. I like a wide array of music. I thoroughly enjoy most movie soundtracks/background tracks.
PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I give up too easily, I guess. I slip up one day, and one day turns into two, then three, and so on...
WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: The South Beach Diet has been easier than I thought, and the sacrifices are ones that I can willingly make. The guidelines are easy to understand, and easy to follow. Not to mention they're also forgiving, so if I do slip up again I can hop right back on track. I'm doing this for my health, not to look good, so I need this. I will do it right this time.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:00 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

User name/name: jyoyo78 / Jessica

BIRTHDAY: August 30

MARITAL STATUS: Re-married since 2008

Children/ages: 13 yo boy (going on 25!)

TOP WEIGHT: 214

CURRENT WEIGHT: 213

GOAL WEIGHT: 150 - but 140 would be even better

HEIGHT: 5' 6"

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Dirty Blonde

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, movies/tv, walking, crafting, music, spending time with family & friends....and food of course!!

HOME LOCATION: Northwest Washington State

FAVORITE COLOR: Blue

FAVORITE FOOD: Way too many to list, I couldn't possibly pick just one!

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: not planning ahead - mindless eating - lack of motivation.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I was able to lose 25 lbs last year on South Beach. I stuck with it for almost a whole year. A friend was doing it with me and we would have weekly weigh ins, share our daily menus, etc. I got discouraged when I didn't have that accountability and just spiraled down and now I've gained back 24 of those stinkin' pounds!! I don't know why it took me so long...but I've now realized...I can do the exact same thing HERE that I was doing with her! Weekly weigh ins can be posted here....and my daily menu can be posted here! DUH!!! And I know you ladies will keep me accountable!
Old 07-06-2011, 09:54 AM   #53  

User Name: Louise1013 Real Name: Jamie

Starting weight/current/goal - 176 (2 years ago)/150's/148 (pre baby weight)

Marital Status: Married for almost 8 years.

Kids: I have a son who is 3. I recently lost a baby girl at 17 wks pregnant. Losing weight to start again

Pets: Louise, 6 year old ShihTzu

Work: I was a teacher. math! I now stay at home with my boy.

Plan: SBD - Phase 1 is tough for me because I love my sweets. My husband loves phase 1 and will stay on it longer than I do. I also run and go Jillian videos 4-5 times a week

Favorite diet cheat: too many

Hobbies: Cooking, reading, reading cookbooks, running, jogging, running around after my toddler, spending time with my Mom, dates with my husband, and girl time with my best girls.

Reasons for wanting to lose weight: Pregnancy
Old 07-11-2011, 08:39 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 196/190/175

Height: 5'7

Basic facts
Name:Candace

Age (or general age group): 29

Where you live: Florida

Where you grew up: New Jersey/PA

Other places you’ve lived: NJ/PA/AL/FL

Do you have kids? How old? Rylee, 2

Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? only child

Languages, beside English, you speak: um...understand polish and ukrainian

Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)? I live with my husband and daughter

Current job or field of work / studies: 5th grade teacher

Why did you choose South Beach? recommended by my doctor

What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? Short term? Cook and eat healthier for my family, fit into a 12!

Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? LOTS of support!

BIRTHDAY: April 7th

MARITAL STATUS: Married

TOP WEIGHT:239

SB STARTING WEIGHT: 196

GOAL WEIGHT: 175

HEIGHT: 5'7"

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Brown

FAVORITE COLOR: Purple

FAVORITE FOODS: Italian/Chinese

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Elliptical, Walking the stroller

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: WILLPOWER! (or lack thereof!)

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: We want to get pregnant next summer, and I want to make my goal before we do!
Old 07-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

Basic facts
Name:Rachelle

Age (or general age group): 38

Where you live: Colorado

Where you grew up: Portland, OR

Other places you’ve lived: CO/MT/WA/AZ/Dublin, Ireland

Do you have kids? Not yet, that is the goal!

Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? Youngest of 3 girls

Languages, beside English, you speak: Italian and Hindi mainly, but also conversational in French, Latin, Spanish and German. I know some Japanese and Chinese and am currently learning Greek. Foreign languages are a hobby of mine, so I often take language classes.

Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)? I live with my husband.

Current job or field of work / studies: I just completed my MBA (entrepreneurship and sustainability) and have a BA in international studies/business. I have most recently worked in social media and traditional marketing, business development and project management (sustainability). I'm new to Denver, we relocated for my husband's job, so I am currently searching for a job but my goal is to have my own business.

Why did you choose South Beach? I started on Ideal Protein Oct 2010 and lost 50 pounds by March 2011. I basically hit a wall and was so sick of shaking my powder meals from a foil packet. I had to stop. I researched and played with diets for several months (gluten free-which is good for me because when I add gluten back to my diet, I feel achey, stiff joints, etc; low-inflammatory foods, modified low carb, etc). I came to the conclusion that low carb is the way to go for me. I also discovered that I enjoy running/jogging (which was a total shock for me, but it truly clears my head and challenges me). So, I wanted a low carb lifestyle that would encourage activity and would be sustainable for the long-run. South Beach was the best out there!

What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? Short term? I would like to eat and cook healthy for life. I want to be in great health for pregnancy and after for a long life.

Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? I have a very supportive spouse!

BIRTHDAY: May 6

MARITAL STATUS: Married

SB STARTING WEIGHT: 182.6

GOAL WEIGHT: 122 - 124

HEIGHT: 5'0"

HAIR COLOR: Medium Brown

FAVORITE COLOR: lavender, green, blue

FAVORITE FOODS: Italian, Indian, Hong Kong style Dim Sum, Sichuan Chinese, cookies, I could go on and on forever

FAVORITE EXERCISE: running/jogging, tennis

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I adore food-it is not functional for me, but a joy and something I have a hard time resisting. It is difficult for me to fight cravings.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am motivated to reach my goal for pregnancy. I want to have a baby and I'm not getting any younger. It's now or never!
Old 07-20-2011, 01:33 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 146.6/143.8/125

Height: 5'2

User name/name: nsimpter/Nancy

BIRTHDAY: January 15

MARITAL STATUS: Married (7 years next month)

Children/ages: Sarah - 14, Jackson - 3, Brady - 1

TOP WEIGHT: 200 (pregnant)

CURRENT WEIGHT: 143

GOAL WEIGHT: 125

HEIGHT: 5' 7"

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading and spending time with my kids

HOME LOCATION: North Carolina

FAVORITE COLOR: Pink

FAVORITE FOOD: Ruffles chips and Deans French Onion Dip.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Body Pump

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Get busy with work and kids and always think tomorrow would be a good day to start.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have been going to the gym for a few months now but still eating like a horse. I feel like I am wasting my time going. I hate wearing the same clothes all the time because it is all thaty fits. I want to look in the mirror and be pleased with my reflection! I am 100% in the zone and ready for the change!
Old 07-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 202/183/150

Height: 5'8"

User name/name: maita88/Caitlin
Birthday: January 7, 1988
MARITAL STATUS: Single
Children/ages: None

TOP WEIGHT: 232(i think)
CURRENT WEIGHT: about 200
GOAL WEIGHT: 145-150

HEIGHT: 5' 8"
HAIR COLOR: Dirty Blonde

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, Baking, Hiking, Knitting, Crocheting, Arts & Crafts
PETS: a cat, Kitten that lives with me, then three dogs, Pepper, Lily, & Sam

OCCUPATION: Student right now, looking for part-time work right now
GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Old Bridge, NJ and outside Ocean City, NJ

FAVORITE COLOR: Orange, Purple, Green

FAVORITE FOODS: cookies, meatloaf and baked potatoes, hamburger soup, ground beef, potatoes and cabbage in gravy

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking on the dog beach, swimming
FAVORITE BOOK(S): Southern Vampire Mysteries, Pride and Prejudice, Harry Potter
FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Harry Potter are the only ones I can think of right now, but really anything except zombie movies
FAVORITE MUSIC: Classic Rock, 40s music, 90s stuff, some Kate Nash, anything except rap and weird rock

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Emotional eating, my love for baking and eating deliciously sugary cookies and such
WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I looked in the mirror and I saw that I was getting my dad's creepy belly...I don't ever want to see that again on my body...plus I'm ready to lose it.

Last edited by maita88; 07-20-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:23 PM   #58  
Losing to Win!!!!

S/C/G: 191/185.5/145

Height: 5'6"

User name/name:Nicole2006/Nicole
BIRTHDAY: Oct 4
TOP WEIGHT: 197
CURRENT WEIGHT: 191
GOAL WEIGHT: 145-150 range
HEIGHT: 5' 6"
EYE COLOR: Whatever color I want them to be LOL
HAIR COLOR: Brown with red undertones
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Too many....Extreme couponing!
HOME LOCATION: Texas
FAVORITE COLOR: Pink and Red
FAVORITE FOOD: All kinds
FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking
PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I want it quick, fast, and in a hurry..... lack of motivation.
WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: This allows me to eat and not deprive myself from putting food into my mouth.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:53 PM   #59  
Robin

S/C/G: 264/250/175

Height: 5'10"

Basic facts
Name (real first name if you feel comforable):Robin
Age (or general age group): 31
Where you live: Deep Southeast, Texas
Where you grew up: same place
Other places you’ve lived: Austin for a very little while
Do you have kids? How old? Still waiting on that blessing!
Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? I am the oldest of 3
Languages, beside English, you speak: Medical LOL and enough Spanish to get me through work
Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)? alone
Current job or field of work / studies: X-ray/CT tech, ER admissions coordinator
Why did you choose South Beach? Because my OB/GYN suggested it after being diagnosed with PCOS
What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? Short term? I want to get my energy back and be able to do more things in life. I also would like to be able to have kids one day and enjoy them. Short term? Get through each day with as little "cheating" as possible.
Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? I am doing it by myself, but have the support of friends, family and co-workers
Beyond the facts
Favorite books: anything by Patricia Cornwell, murder mysteries
Favorite kinds of music / bands: I mostly listen to country and Texas country, but anything would a good beat and makes me want to dance is on my iPod
Favorite movies: Tombstone, any funny or with a good story line
Favorite saying / quote: "It is not the number of breathes we take, but the number of moments that take our breath away" and "Seriously"
Favorite holiday: any I get to spend with my family
Hobbies: Reading, learning to cook, playing with my niece, trying to find new things I enjoy
Do you live somewhere urban, rural, or suburban? VERY rural
The place you’d most like to visit: Hawaii, Cancun, and the list goes on and on and on
Best thing that ever happened to you: getting my niece
Tell us something else about yourself that you want to share that not too many people know: Oh there are so many things. I guess the main one that would pertain to this is how self-concience I am and how I doubt EVERYTHING I do

And now questions unanswered above from the original questionnaire:

BIRTHDAY: May 3

MARITAL STATUS: single

TOP WEIGHT:264

SB STARTING WEIGHT: 250

GOAL WEIGHT: 150-175

HEIGHT: 5'10"

EYE COLOR: blue

HAIR COLOR: strawberry blonde

FAVORITE COLOR: pink, yellow, but it changes. Anything bright mostly

FAVORITE FOODS: sweets, seafood

FAVORITE EXERCISE: waiting to start Zumba when I am released from the Dr

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: no willpower, lack of money

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Being diagnosed with PCOS, having NO energy anymore, wanting to be healthy and be able to keep up with my 13 month old niece, looking at older pictures I realized not only did I feel better when I was thinner, but I have much more energy and felt so much better about myself. I also know I had more fun and was much more of the type of person people enjoyed being around.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:50 PM   #60  
Kristina Marie

S/C/G: 259.4/259.4/175

Height: 5'7"

Basic facts:
Name: R0xyg4l aka Kristina
Age (or general age group):29
BIRTHDAY: August 3rd
MARITAL STATUS: Married since 2002.
TOP WEIGHT: 255ish
SBD STARTING WEIGHT: 253.6 9/11/11
GOAL WEIGHT: 175 ideally
HEIGHT: 5'7"
EYE COLOR: Blue, green, hazel
HAIR COLOR: Dark blonde

Where you live: Connecticut
Where you grew up: Indiana until I was 20
Other places you’ve lived: Just IN and CT
Do you have kids? 2 How old? Ani Rose is 8. Aerilyn Gael is 14mos.
Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? Middle with two brothers, one older & one younger.
Languages? Just English and a little Spanish
Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)? My DH, two daughters and two kitty cats named Keidis and Gus.
Current job or field of work / studies: I'm a pediatric nurse.
Why did you choose South Beach? I like that it's simpler than some dieIts. I like knowing what I can and can't eat then going from there.
What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? I want to be healthier overall. More active and able to keep up with my daughters and a better role model for them.
Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? My DH is supportive and my MIL & FIL have both been very successful in the past with SBD along with my SIL.

Beyond the facts:
Favorite books: Feminism related and transcendentalist poetry.
Favorite kinds of music / bands: I like a lot of grunge, alternative rock, classic rock.
Favorite movies: The Nightmare Before Christmas, Ever After, Stepbrothers.
Favorite saying / quote "Beauty thus become." Tantric "Mourning"
Favorite holiday: Christmas, it's a magical holiday. Lots of fun with little ones!
Hobbies: Crocheting, painting, henna, mowing my grass!
Passions / obsessions: Educating others about elimination communication and practicing it with my daughter. I'm very big into equality for women.
Are you a camping and hiking kind of person or do you prefer less sweaty and “roughing it” kinds of activities? I'm not camping or hiking material but I'm also not physically fit enough to do too much of it. So who knows what the future holds?
Got pets? 2 kitty cats, Keidis & Gus
Do you live somewhere urban, rural, or suburban? A relatively large rural farm town in CT>
The place you’d most like to visit: All of my family lives in Indiana. I love visiting them.
Best thing that ever happened to you: The birth of my daughters.

FORMER OCCUPATION: I use to work in reservations at a spa during nursing school.
FAVORITE COLOR: grey (even though some (my DH) may say it's not a color it's a shade) & pink
FAVORITE FOODS: Comfort foods. Mashed potatoes & gravy, mac & cheese, fried chicken
FAVORITE EXERCISE: Wii Fit or Just Dance on Wii
PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I think I eat largely to make up for the fact that I miss my family in Indiana. But it's been 9 years since I've moved from there and I can't keep making it an excuse to be unhealthy. Growing up we ate a lot of comfort foods and very little healthy vegetables and fruits. I've had to grow to like them as an adult which is hard!
WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm realizing how much my health reflects on my daughters. I've noticed my oldest daughter gaining a bit of weight around her waistline and I know I need to lead by example.
Closed Thread