South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 01:29 PM   #16  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hey Sarah - I wanted to respond to your question last night. I, too, have had horrible stomach pain, almost like stabbing pains in my stomach right before bed or soon after I lay down. I know a lot of people don't condone eating close to bedtime, but I'm a firm believer in calories in vs. calories out, not what time you eat. I finally figured out that if I have a protein around 8:30, I don't get those pains. Last night I had a slice of ww bread with natural PB on it at 8:30, and no pains!

Just popping in real quick - down 2.2 lbs, thank GOODNESS. I have felt some major bloat the last few days and this morning I knew I was down some because my stomach wasn't near as poofy as it had been. Chris is home sick today - I missed my workout this morning because I was exhausted from being up with him all night. Voodoo even threw up this morning too, I think sympathy illness for her daddy.

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a great day! It's my late night at work so I'm all kinds of thrown off and trying to get caught up from starting 2.5 hrs later than I usually do! Have a good one everybody!

Lisa
Old 01-06-2011, 04:37 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 197/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Weezle--thanks for the idea! I will give it a try tonight. Stomach is still hurting a bit at night but seems to be getting better.

Will check in again later! Have a great afternoon and evening ladies!!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 06:04 PM   #18  
Live, Laugh, Love

Karen - We have a hard time getting all 3 of us to have a good pic too. We actually didn't send out Christmas cards because we didn't have a picture that worked out for all of us. Neither Chris NOR Anna will show their teeth so it's hard to get a realistic looking smile out of them. Chris tends to squint his eyes majorly, Anna's hair will be in her face or she'll just have a sarcastic look on her face (gets that from her daddy too!) So we gave up! Hopefully 2011 will bring better pictures for us all!

Sarah - Let me know if having some protein before bed helps you - maybe even a glass of milk?

Last edited by weezle; 01-06-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #19  

Oh my goodness, what a crazy few days!

Yesterday I received a phone call from an unknown number, and a man left a message that he needed to talk to me about my dog. I recently moved into my parent's house to save money for my wedding, and they live in the country on a few acres, so a hole in the fence is a little hard to spot. I called him back ready to apologize and tell him I would be there ASAP to pick up the dog.
Well this man was EXTREMELY rude to me. And then he told me that he would shoot my dog (my almost 12 year old and mostly deaf dog) if she was on his land again. No please check your fence, no please try to keep your animal inside. It really freaked me out.

Now I understand that I need to be a responsible pet owner, and that I need to find the hole in the fence to fix, but to threaten to shoot my dog? Not alright. Luckily one of my student's parents is the chief of police. And I contact him with the threat. Nice to know people

Today my fiancée took the dogs outside and tried to find the hole in the fence. He found 4. FOUR! Well at least I know what I will be doing this weekend.

Some people...I just don't understand! Thanks for letting me rant ladies! At least, even with a few scares and a lot of frustration my dogs are all safe and sound, we have worked something out with the neighbor and I stayed on plan with my eating.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #20  
Live, Laugh, Love

Sarah - WHOA. I understand you're in Texas, but still. Isn't it legal to shoot somebody that destroys your property there? Just kidding, it wouldn't be nice to shoot someone for shooting your dog, but it would still be really funny if you told him you'd shoot him if he did. I'd pay you to say it if I could see his face when you did. Glad you know the chief of police there!

Some people are just unhappy in general and have to act out. I don't know that it necessarily makes them feel better, but it may just be more of a reflection of their own feelings. Send him a hug-vibe and pray for him.

GLAD your doggies are ok though! Four holes, you say? At least you spotted them and can get them fixed!!! I hope everything works out for you and you don't have to deal with Mr. Cranky Pants anymore!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:37 PM   #21  

Weezle, your right. I was pretty angry but now I am sending good vibes. My dad spoke to him today and told him that it might take a few days to get the holes fixed. Hopefully this whole mess is behind us!
Closed Thread