South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 05:51 PM   #16  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Karen, beautiful family

I don't have much time for personals, I will try to be back on before the evening is over.

I am dawg tired. SO tired. I worked, then DD and I decorated our tree, I am getting the house ready for her 11th birthday party (tomorrow) I am still coughing pretty bad from the bronchitis, but it is getting much better Thanks for the well wishes

I am starving right now and trying to not be too far off plan. I can't wait until I have time and energy to plan.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:21 PM   #17  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Morning everyone (I still have one minute left of my morning )

Okie, thanks once again for getting us started. Glad Xmas won't be a bad food day for you. Ur weight is coming off, keep going girl! I'm hoping to make 270 by the end of the year. Sure would be great!

Beloved, Glad u r feeling better and working. Things are looking up for you.

Debbie, I know the internet has been slow, at least on my end. I live out in the country and am limited on internet service options so still have dial up and talk about slow. I tried several times to log into facebook these past few days and still haven't made it. Guess I'm learning patience .

Annie, Talk about yoga, I decided that I wanted to do something besides walk every day so bought a CD for beginning yoga. Beginning heck, this old lady could not possibly get in some of those positions! Maybe I'll look for a beginning weight training CD.

Ruth, The way you describe your town I can just picture it. Brr, that sounds like a cold place to have to work, be sure and bundle up. to help get thru the rough times.

Hey Linda

Cyndi, normal days are good, aren't they.

Karen, wish I could tell you how to find that motivation you so are looking for. I am so thankful when I find it but have no idea how I manage or worse yet how it slips away so easily. Wouldn't it be something if someone could figure it out. Hang in there and keep coming back. Good looking family!

Heidi, glad hubby is feeling a little better. Enjoy your last visiting day with your daughter today. Would love that recipe.

Nat, will be thinking of you enjoying the game today. DH suffered thru the Auburn/Alabama game yesterday. He wanted Auburn to win because he thinks they would have a better shot at the championship but he didn't want Alabama to lose. Poor hubby!

Sophie, Glad you found the shoes. New Balance is a good shoe. I wear the or SAS for walking.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:05 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Tall and Thin, thanks! Good luck with your weight loss goals!
Old 11-27-2010, 11:37 PM   #19  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

thanksgiving went well. pretty much on plan, no overeating, control control control.

today was a different story. life got in the way and i didn't eat anything until 4:30 - and we had pizza (veggie, turkey pepperoni and whole wheat crust) but still pizza...and i picked on it all night. i just now tucked myself into bed with a cup of tea.

my son is having a sleepover tonight and requested cinnamon rolls and oatmeal bake (both are very much not on plan) for breakfast. i agreed, but will avoid them in lieu of a smoothie. not quite as exciting, but i don't need the extra poundage as a result.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:49 PM   #20  

Good for you Lindsay!
Old 11-27-2010, 11:58 PM   #21  

I'm gonna be going back to school for a Career as a Medical Administrative Office Assistant! I'm excited about making a fresh start!

Last edited by BellaLucia; 11-28-2010 at 12:00 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:01 AM   #22  

Height: 5'2

Hey i am on day 8 (nearly 9) and have lost 2kg (4.4lb). I have found it hard today, the last 3 days my weight has stayed the same and im concerned because next week im working 9 hour shifts after not working all year while at uni. Need some motivation to keep going! Today i couldn't help eating fresh strawberries and raspberries, its the first time i have strayed since starting.

Anyone has some advise?
Old 11-28-2010, 07:05 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Brrrrrrr! It's cold this morning! Even in the house! I'm snuggling under the quilt here on the couch and enjoying my coffee while Jake and I discuss what we're going to do today.
We got most of the Christmas decorating done yesterday, and there's just a little more to do today until it's finished. We usually put up 3 trees, but we're skipping the tree on the sunporch this year. It's starting to be way too much work, although I did put up my wee tree in the diningroom. That was easy, though, since I had hot-glued the ornaments and lights on it last year.
So besides putting the final touches on the decorating, I plan to work on my cards this afternoon, and Jake has been wanting to go shopping, so I guess that will be part of our plan for today, too.

cassrose, it's nice to meet you! I'm sorry you are finding the plan hard to follow, although losing over 4 lbs. in 8 days is terrific! My best advice to have a variety of healthy Phase 1 snacks on hand, such as roasted chickpeas, raw veggies w/hummus, string cheese, nuts, and nonfat yogurt. Eat when you're hungry, and make sure you fill up on vegetables and include dairy and beans in your meals to help keep you full and satisfied.

Karen, what a beautiful family you have! Thanks for sharing your family portrait with us.

Ruth, I hope things are starting to calm down in your village and am sending positive thoughts your way.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:29 AM   #24  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy first Sunday in Advent! Now the countdown begins.

I'm off to church and will resist the white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies that I am serving for coffee time.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:47 AM   #25  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning chickies,

I have got to make sure I come and at least read everyday here so I stay accountable to myself. I have been off plan since Thanksgiving day but not to far off until yesterday when I fell for some cookies. Ugh back on track. I did go out for Black Friday, had fun and got a few things. DS went to Walmart for me at Midnight to see if we could get a bracelet for one of the laptops but no luck there was already too big of a crowd so didn't go near Walmart. We went to the Mall and Kohls later on.

Ruth- Sorry to hear about the suicide attempt, sending prayers to everyone. I do have to say I love your Avatar it is so cheerful.

Okie- When are you going to start up school?

Karen- Thanks for sharing your family photo, great pic!!!

I got up super early this morning so I made myself work out and feel so much better. Made everyone cinnamon rolls (which I did not touch and will not touch). We are off to church in a few hours.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!!!
Old 11-28-2010, 08:04 AM   #26  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's ridiculously cold here too (17!) and I'm not going out the door until that changes.

Okie - You have a great attitude and you've really stuck with this. Sounds like 2011 is going to be your year for all kinds of good things happening.

cassrose - you're doing great so far! Of all the slips you could have berries should be easy to recover from. Cottage had some great suggestions. Just remember to plan ahead so you are prepared for those long days. It's nice to meet you

Cottage - I want to come visit your house We don't decorate anymore. At first I would go crazy moving everything around to decorate. We had lots of lights, a Christmas village and always had a tree. The last few years we meet DD at my parents house and no one but us (and the evil cats) see the house. It's just too much work to rearrange our little apartment to make it all come together. I do enjoy other people's decorations though.

Ruth - We always had Advent calendars when we were kids and DD usually had a couple. I bet the flowers are lovely this morning.

Pearl - It's always nice to see you.

Karen- thanks for sharing the pic

It's another mellow cleaning and errand day. I'm still trying to make my work space come together better now that I work from a home office. Someone mentioned the mock cornbread casserole and I think I just changed my dinner plans. It's been months since I made that. For now though I think I'll pour another cup of coffee. I've never been a flavored coffee fan but my favorite local roasters make a dark chocolate coffee that has just the right amount of richness. Yum
Old 11-28-2010, 10:45 AM   #27  
beachin'

argh. i'm up again. i don't know what is going on. i've had a bit of off-plan food in the past few days, but not much and not nearly enough to make me gain this much. i'm tired of my IUD causing really irregular cycles.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:59 AM   #28  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning chickies! I plan to head to mom's this morning as the grandparents are still here until tomorrow morning and I would like to spend some more time with them... I didn't do so well this past weekend. Hmph. Ive managed to gain and gain some more until now my goal of getting under 200 which was with about 3 months to spare is now no where remotely possible. Grr... All my fault though. I know that I also know what I have to do to lose the weight so why why why must I keep torturing myself?! Sorry for the venting... I have got to get back at it and stick to it 100%!
Old 11-28-2010, 11:10 AM   #29  
beachin'

Rikki, sounds like we torture ourselves together!
Old 11-28-2010, 12:36 PM   #30  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Morning everyone

Zef, sure hope you had that smoothie for breakfast this morning.

Okie, how exciting. I so believe in education!

Cassrose, Don't think we've met before. Welcome to our group. Just pull up your bootstraps, tighten your belt and think positive and before you know it, you will have completed phase one and will be on to phase two and can have those berries. Other than that, plan, plan, plan and prepare, prepare, prepare. Never ever let yourself not have "on plan" food ready and available.

Linda, you are so far ahead of the game for Christmas. Three trees, OMG, I'm lucky to get one up although I do have a small tree that was my mom's during her last few years and I put it up every year but it also has it's lights and decorations already on so it's real easy.

Ruth, oh dear, one of my favorite cookies. Good luck avoiding them.

Pearlrose, Good for you for staying away from those cinnamon rolls and for coming back to post. It helps, doesn't it.

Hey Cyndi, Zef and rdw1, with all my heart, I hope you find the strength to get back and stay on plan. Wish I could do more to help.

Well, it's time for me to get my day started. We are through dog sitting thank goodness. It is so nice not to be play musical doors keeping ours and our GS separate. Going for my walk as soon as it warms up some. Don't like trying to balance on ice. After that, need to do some laundry and have to wrap several books for mailing. Also need to check on our daughters and their families. One group went up on the mountain to play in the snow for the weekend and the other family went over to the ocean to play on the beach. Will be glad when they are all back home safe this evening.

Later
Closed Thread