South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-03-2010, 02:37 PM   #1  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Unhappy I am messing up, help :(

I just ate what I am making for dinner and it is only after lunch

I know I can just eat the veggie portion of the meal tonight, but just the fact that I did this is making me

I now feel over full, and discouraged.
BelovedK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 139/see ticker/115

Height: 5ft

I understand what you are feeling as I was facing a similar kind of impulse yesterday. This weight loss process requres a lot of motivation and commitment. It is ok if we go wrong sometimes but we should not feel guilty and disappointed. You can start the plan you were following again and try to stick with it this time over. When ever you have a craving, you can go for a long walk until it passes. Just my 2 cents. Hope this helps. TC
Goforit24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:48 PM   #3  
It will be MY turn too!

S/C/G: 254.2/243.0/180

Height: 5'4.5"

Here's the thing- who cares? Is it really messing up? How? You ate healthy and it was good for you stuff right?

I know it's discouraging but you're not counting calories or carbs or fat grams. You're making a good solid lifestyle change and eating how we should. So to say you messed up is wrong! You did right!

Besides, some days I just cannot eat enough. I don't know if it is impulsive, related to hormones or what. But unless it was a full-blown, completely-off-diet mistake, pat yourself on the back and keep going.

You did good- you ate on plan- so now when dinner rolls around, if you're hungry, eat something. If not, have a small snack and drink some water!

Keep up the good work!
ladywyyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #4  
SouthBeacher Phase 2

S/C/G: 315/297.6/175

Height: 5'10"

And that is the thing that Dr. A stresses...when you are hungry EAT something. This lifestyle is not about depriving yourself. It is about making the right choices when you do choose to eat. So do not beat yourself up if it was the good choice. AND if it was not a good choice, do not beat yourself up over that either, just get right back to making good choices and don't allow your earlier choice to derail you...that is key in being successful in this lifestyle. Lastly or perhaps even most importantly, always remember, we are here to support you.
Arctic Stamp Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:48 PM   #5  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Thank you for being there

I know what I ate wasn't bad, but the fact that I was compulsively going back for more and more and I wasn't even hungry that worries me. But I am going to keep going. This is the point where in the past I would give up, but I refuse to give up completely.

Thanks for the support
BelovedK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:15 PM   #6  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Beloved, remember my cheesecake cupcake story? Even though they were phase one legal, the recipe made a dozen so I froze all but one. You think I could eat just one? No way, the first time I tried I ate 8 (yep, count them, 8!). Then the next time I tried, thinking I was in control, 3 of those suckers disappeared! I felt so terrible and have no idea what triggered me to do that. There was loads of Halloween candy, salty snacks, etc. in the house which has not bothered me at all........but those darn cheesecake cupcakes were my downfall. But that was last week and today I feel better about what I did. At least it was phase one even if it was too much at one time. I firmly believe this whole eating healthy thing is 90% mind set. Shake it off and let's go on.
TallandThin is offline   Reply With Quote