South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 03:12 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Did well eating on plan all weekend....Kudos to me!! I did have a small cheat at grandma's house yesterday. I had a small piece of this pudding pie stuff she made...was like 4 bites total...so good!! But SO not SB friendly ;o)

I weighed in this morning...down 5.6 lbs from last Monday! Woot, woot!

Had a dream on Saturday night that I was stressing out about having a piece of chocolate and feeling all guilty, thinking if I had that one piece of chocolate it would lead to 2 pieces of chocolate...then lead to the whole day of eating Off Plan...lol Don't ya love it when you can't even get away from food guilt in your dreams!! lol ha ha PS...I did NOT eat the chocolate in my dream

Thanks for the book recommendation...I'll have to check that one out. I've heard from others that the Beck Diet Solution is also a good one...haven't read it myself though.

Have a great Monday everyone!!
Old 10-04-2010, 07:25 PM   #32  

Height: 5ft

Yahoo! i did good the first week i'm down 4lbs. Now marching on into week two phase one. I'm having a hard time getting enough protein so need to work on that and drinking more water. Glad to see you all are doing great too. We can do it ladies.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:48 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 199/194/152

Height: 5'9"

Jyoyo---5.5 lbs. That's fantastic! And Judy, 4 lbs --- also awesome! Congrats to you both! I'm only down 3.5 lbs, which has been holding steady for the past 3 days, so hopefully a little more will be peeling off soon. Hopefully your great results can be inspiration to the newcomers that are just starting today.

One more week until the return of fruit---yippee!!!
Old 10-06-2010, 02:52 PM   #34  

Bummer, it looks like we've lost a lot of folks. I'm hoping that they're still with us, just been quiet or too busy to post.

As for me, I seem to be stuck at 195. So frustrating---I've been here for almost a week now, fluctuating in the 195s. Eating has been pretty good for me, though not that terribly varied --- lots of broccoli and asparagus. I did have a little icing last night while decorating a haunted cookie house (pretty much a gingerbread house but for Halloween and made out of more chocolate-like cookies than gingerbread). But it had to have been a pretty small amount overall---no more than a tablespoon or two.

I haven't really been exercising aside from some walks with the dog and I know I need to do that. It's so strange because I know I need to do it, yet haven't quite brought myself to really jump in. I'm so frustrated with myself but can't quite figure out the stumbling block I'm caught up on. At least, I'm keeping good with the eating, so I'm happy with that.

Judy -- I bet you when you up the protein, you'll find that the water comes naturally. I haven't been struggling with drinking water at all. It seems that with meat, veggies and good fats being the diet, I'm just naturally thirsty and water seems great.

Anyway, happy Wednesday everyone and if there are any silent SBers out there, drop in and tell us how you're doing. The more, the merrier!
Old 10-06-2010, 03:12 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 153/153/120

Height: 5'3

Hi Ladies!

I have been busy lately. I have had and do have something going on every night and day this week, except for Friday. I have Zumba tonight. This is the last class she is doing on Wednesdays so I will have to switch it to Monday nights. I also have Church Choir tonight. I just started that and really like it. Tomorrow I have my first parent teacher conference. I hope we have a good report on dd. Sometimes I feel like I am running nonstop.

My eating wasn't too good this weekend so I plan to do a couple extra days on Phase 1. I am excited about adding fruit back into my diet. Not until nextTuesday. I have already decided on strawberry smoothies (SB friendly)! I can hardly wait! The scale finally budged a pound. But that is it. I won't weigh again until Sunday morning.

For the last three days I have limited myself to one caffeine free diet coke a day. Last night I didn't even drink it all. I have been drinking lots of water instead. I just keep reminding myself baby steps. I will get there.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:35 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Keep your head up Lindsey...eventually the scale will move. Haven't you only been doing SB for a little over a week? Just stick to it girl! That's what I'm gonna do cause I know it works. It's always ME that doesn't work...lol

And I'm the same as you. I KNOW I need to start exercising...so what's my problem!! I'm just simply being lazy. I've only exercised twice this month...and I told myself I would do something at least 20 minutes a day...I have some making up to do. lol

MMMMM.....a strawberry smoothie sound delish
Old 10-06-2010, 08:19 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 132/128/115

Height: 5'1"

Hey all, I'd like to join in if that's OK. I also started on Sept. 27.

I don't consider myself too big but poor eating habits and minimal exercise have me at my all-time heaviest (132). My BMI was just on the cusp of being overweight for my height so I figured it was time for a change.

My fiance and I did South Beach just over one year ago and both lost weight. He lost almost 20 pounds and I lost 9. After a while we went away from it. He was lucky to keep more than half of it off while I gained it all back (plus a couple pounds).

What really got me back on South Beach was realizing I had to put on a bathing suit at the end of November. Not only that, but I'll be surrounded by fit athletes in bathing suits. This time around I'm trying to view it more as a lifestyle change than a diet.

So far I've lost 2.4 pounds. I'm positive about that number so far since I really don't have THAT much to lose.

Last edited by SuperKate; 10-06-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:29 PM   #38  

Welcome, Kate---yes definitely join us. I think it's great that you only have 15 lbs or so to lose---I'd love to be in that position (mine is closer to 40-50--and I have no idea how it got so high! I blame it partly on my height as I didn't realize I'd gained THAT much weight).

Thanks for the words of encouragement, ladies. Still no change for me---hanging out at 195.2. Arghhh! I'm looking at is a genuine weightloss rather than just water weight as it undoubtably was in the beginning, or at least that's the story I'm sticking with!

I finally did get some exercise yesterday -- walked 5.6 miles -- and I plan to repeat that again tonight with the dog. Not quite where I want to get with a heart thumping, big ol' sweaty workout. But baby steps...and hopefully the scale will start to change a little bit. But I'll keep with it!
Old 10-09-2010, 10:16 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 153/153/120

Height: 5'3

Hi Ladies!

I really need to get to the grocery store and get some SB legal food. I was reading a book on some of the different Low Carb diets out there. I know SBD works for me. I lost 10 pounds a year ago, so I know I can do it again. There is no Zumba next week since the instructor is in Jamiaca so I need to find something else to do. It is nice here today so I thought I a might go for a long walk or bike ride.

Tonight is an annual chili supper with a cake walk. Cake walk is a bad thing because my dd loves to do it and then usually picks out the cupcakes. I think she can eat one and the rest has to go. My nephew's birthday party is tomorrow so I need to stay away from the pizza and cake. I plan to eat a big salad before we go. I really need to go to the store to get some lettuce. This has been a busy week and now I get to start the busy weekend.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:01 AM   #40  

Hi Ladies,

1 more day to go on phase 1---so excited. I went to the store and bought nectarines and cantaloupes---I can't wait to bite into one on Mon. And then the bf had butternut squash ravioli in sage brown sugar beurre blance sauce and I was just dying. Not so much cravings, but will be so happy to reintroduce certain things in small doses, like the fruit. I'm pretty sick of broccoli and asparagus now. I still like them, but am looking forward to a little more variety from the fruit sector.

Still holding strong at 195.2---it's been a week now and never dipped below that. I'll be so thrilled to see the numbers start to slide downward again. With the inclusion of fruit again, I think I'll be able to tackle some more serious (and consistent) exercise again.

I hope you're all having a great weekend and here's to phase 2 (almost)!!!!
Old 10-10-2010, 06:47 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 132/128/115

Height: 5'1"

I'm kind of nervous about moving into Phase 2. I'm not a person who craves fruit so I didn't pick any up at the store. But that's because I'm just as happy snacking on veggies.

I did plan out three meals with added ingredients however. I'm doing a whole wheat pasta dish one night, the meatloaf recipe I found in the SB book (with oatmeal) and some sweet potatoes to make some sweet potato fries.

I also did buy a bottle of wine so I can have a couple glasses this week. I can't wait for that!

As of this morning I'm down 4 pounds, which I'm ecstatic about. You can definitely see a difference in my stomach
Old 10-10-2010, 09:05 PM   #42  

Well, I'm happy to report that I finally broke the 195 barrier---194.8 this morning. Woohoo! Hopefully it doesn't rebound back into the 195s again.

I'm looking forward to fruit and some of the starchy veggies. I'm not a big pasta or rice fan, so those don't particularly appeal to me, but I definitely am going to give the sweet potato chip/fries a try. I really like sweet potatoes (especially the golden kind---I'm not as big of a fan of the orange yam-like ones), though I usually eat them mashed or baked like a baked potato. I think the chips will be a fun idea.

I'm not sure I'd say I'm craving fruit exactly, but I am really looking forward to it. I feel like my taste buds have changed. Is anyone else noticing this? Not in a bad way at all, but without all the sugars and carbs, things taste much more sweet to me already.

For example, I drink these great diet green tea drinks I get at Costco (they're fabulous if you have a Costco near you--I think Lipton makes a decent one, but the Costco/Kirkland brand tastes better to me). They have no calories and are what I drink instead of diet coke (they have an artificial sweetener) when I want something besides water. But I can already tell that now they taste sweeter to me than they did when I was regularly eating more sugar and carbs. I just have this feeling that when I reintroduce carbs into the diet, that a little is going to go a long way. Like when you have a really decadent dessert. Even though it's great, you can only eat a couple bites because it's so rich. I feel like my carb tolerance from a taste bud perspective has shrunk so even when I'm able to have an occasional dessert, that I won't be tempted to eat much because a few bites will go a long way. Perhaps I've been carb detoxed?

Maybe this won't happen or I can see how it's a slippery slope, but it's just something I've noticed after not eating so much carbs and sugar anymore. It's just not that appealing to me and I'm enjoying the veggies far more than I ever did before. Anyone else experiencing anything like this?
Old 10-10-2010, 09:09 PM   #43  

Oh, and congrats Kate---4 lbs down---that's great!

Redautumn---how did the weekend go? Hopefully you made it through the slew of cupcakes and pizza. Or if you didn't, that you're back on track with the rest of us now. Slip-ups and indulgences happen, but if you can keep them from defeating you, then it's all good. I'm planning on having a dinner party next Saturday where definitely much will not be SB approved and I'm going to enjoy every bite. I'm just going to focus on really bulking up on all the SB approved stuff like lean meats and veggies and have just a bite or two of the other stuff. Then it's back to SB completely the next day. That seems like a good balance to me as I don't throw dinner parties that often and I just can't do a fully restrictive diet all the time. Lifestyle change is definitely the way to go!
Old 10-10-2010, 09:17 PM   #44  

Height: 5ft

Hi Lindsey sorry I haven't been in here for a few days but life got in the way lol
I'm still hanging in there and I begin phase 2 in the morning. I'm down 6lbs in two weeks so I feel I have done pretty good. I'm looking forward to adding I fruit a day, it helps wanting sweets for me. I'm going to look for some bread or muffins I can make or buy that I can have with coffee in the morning. So far so good :-) Hope your doing well too. So glad to have this place to come and have buddies to talk to. Thank you so much.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:47 PM   #45  

No need to apologize, Judy. Life gets busy sometimes--it happens to all of us. I (and I'm sure everyone else is too) just happy that you're still with us and marching into phase 2 tomorrow.

6 lbs---that's great! Congrats. That's awesome news. Keep fightin' the good fight and we'll all get there together. Let us know if you find any particularly tasty bread/muffins that work. And I'm glad too that we have this forum to come and chat with buddies about this experience. I find it helps me immensely and I appreciate you all with helping on this journey!
Closed Thread