South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 09:23 PM   #16  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Wow! Long day here...I was up and down all night then woke up 7 minutes before we were supposed to leave for dog walking(we meet 3 other pups). Then it was just one thing after the next....just finished getting peaches in the dryer and have 1/2 hr before dinner. The pool was closed today for maintenance, so I'm looking forward to a swim tomorrow. See ya'll then!
Old 09-08-2010, 10:25 PM   #17  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Oh Schmoodle- So sorry to hear about DH and DF! Wishing them both a speedy recovery... and I hope you get to enjoy some of the cooler weather.

Debbie- What was that about me giving you my number to wake me up?!?! LOL Hope you get a nice long swim in tomorrow! ;0)

Well, I am hoping I can start actually putting the tile up with mastic tomorrow... Man, I have had quite the time laying that stuff out today! I thought I had 40sf and I need about 32 so I should be fine but one of the box corners had been busted and LOTS of broken glass... I am pretty sure I will have enough and be ok... I sure hope so anyway!!!

Last edited by rdw1; 09-08-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:30 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Thank you, ladies, for your words of encouragement. And, of course, I was just being silly and overdramatic...the scale today showed that I'm down 3 pounds. Patience is NOT my strong suit...LOL I just have to remind myself that I've been losing a lot more quickly than a lot of people and can't expect that pace to continue. I'm happy w/ my progress...I think it just freaks me out thinking that I could gain it back. I'm determined to NEVER let this happen again...EVER!!!

Cindy - Hope your long day went by fairly quick. It always sucks to come back from a relaxing time at the beach only to have to jump right back into work. Hmmm...maybe we could find someone to pay us to lay on the beach all day??? That would be sweet!!!

Heidi - ;3471592] Hope your dentist appointment and the open house went well.

cottage - Pumpkin bread sounds HEAVENLY...yummmmmmmmmmm!!!

Ruth - Eeek!!! Hope the overdue bills don't cause you too many problems. I hate when I do that!!! I completely forgot to pay my credit card bill one month...it just totally slipped my mind. But when I called my credit card company and told them that I had just completely forgotten, they checked the history and said since I had always been on time before they would wave the late fee. Thank God!!! Glad you enjoyed your vacation.

WaistingTime - Hope the bike ride doesn't kill your sinuses TOO much. These past few months have been TERRIBLE for my sinuses...seems to be a bad season all the way around. I did find that a warm compress right across the bridge of the nose helps w/ sinuses a lot. Might be something worth trying for you. Cute screen name, by the way.

FoodObsessed - Glad you are doing well on SB. Don't forget your beans and dairy to help w/ the SB flu.

djett626 - Workout partners are GREAT to have. It's a lot harder to bail out on the gym or whatever if you have someone else to say "nope, you need to go to the gym." I go in the afternoon w/ my mom before I head to work, but in the mornings after work I can't get anybody to go w/ me, unfortunately. One co-worker even told me that she wanted to start going w/ me b/c she sees my weight loss and is getting mad that she's not doing anything about her weight. But she's gone twice w/ me.

Lindsay - Zero containment??? Wow...that's horrible. I hope they can get it under control soon. 92 homes lost...wow. I've never flown w/ my dog w/ me...but she's an 85 pound lab, so I don't think she'd be very cabin-friendly. LOL Good luck, though!!!

rdw1 - You are SO right about the pumpkin shortage last Thanksgiving. It was HORRIBLE!!! I think that was the first year that we haven't had my mom's homemade pumpkin pie. I wouldn't think it'd be bad again this year...but who knows. Good luck finding it!!!

murphmitch - Wow...that's pretty sad. When school started back I went to Wal-mart and they had the "Back to School" area up at the front of the school. It was full of soda, sugary snacks, chips, and things like that. And people wonder why we have an obesity problem in America now, ha ha!!!

Schmoodle - Hope your hubby and friend are both feeling okay. Sucks that you won't be able to be there for your friend when they have their bypass done. But OOOH, I would be SO excited to get picked for jury duty, especially on a murder trial!!! I can't get jury duty to save my life...and I think I'm the only person I know that actually WANTS jury duty.

As for me...I just got a subpoena at work today and now I have to be in court Monday morning, which means I'll have to cancel my doctor's appointment that I've had scheduled for 3 months now. Last time I canceled my appointment it was another month before I could get in to be seen again. Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll plead out...but I doubt it. In 10 years I've never actually had to testify, but this is only my 4th time being subpoenaed. Oh well, such is life.

Hope you ladies are having a great day.
Closed Thread