South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-01-2010, 12:57 PM   #16  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Seriously, I am feeling so MOODY today, and I am still fighting the urge to eat my feelings (I never really realized how food is a crutch for me until it's not there for me anymore!)
I feel like I'm harder to live with , not having the sugar to calm me down .
And for what???? Still , still not losing. Not TOM. Dh's birthday and I ate totally OP and no junk at the movies either. I feel like in one way I am making major strides (trying to overcome emotional eating and not eating because of social or external cues etc) but on the other hand am increasingly frustrated with a stall so early on.

I am not weighing in on the scale for awhile because I don't want to give it the power of how I am feeling for the day- ridiculous. (Thats not why I was moody today, I skipped the scale as I knew I'd be beating it with a baseball bat if I did..LOL)

Sorry for the rant.. Ugh,
I am NOT quitting. I am *so* much stronger than this.
I wonder if I should be eating less at my snacks? I also havent' been exercising much, I have crohn's with many complications and several large abcesses at the moment- i'm pretty much miserable physically.

But I've probably been av eraging 2 nut servings a day instead of one..like I will have a few almonds, then later 1/4c flax meal, or a T peanut butter. I just don't want to feel deprived, so I am listening to my body tell me what I'm in the mood for (OP foods only) otherwise I have major, major problems sticking to a plan. I frankly can't believe I made it thru phase 1 - all the negative self talk is telling me I can't do this.

Help!
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:23 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 212/195/155

Height: 5' 8.5"

I am such a sugar addict!! I didn't watch my nut servings or anything like that until I was over the worst of the sugar addiction. I was moody, tired, had headaches and basically didn't think I could stick to this thing. My hubby who usually doesn't do anything that is even a bit uncomfy seemed to do better on phase 1 than me. Watching him get through it and manage to lose weight is what kept me on track. I mean if he could do it...

So I know where you're coming from. I really get into a mental state and get myself depressed and/or discouraged easily, so I understand the need for a rant now and then. Are you keeping track of inches? On the other forum I was on (the one that isn't free... you totally don't need to spend money on that one by the way, this one is much better) there were people who claimed they lost inches but not pounds when they first started phase 2. I'm already playing mental games with the scale, so even though I bought a tape measure (very inexpensive), I haven't used it yet. BUT it could be that seeing inches melt away might make you feel better. Everyone is a bit different.
Just don't listen to the negative self talk! Your brain is only playing those tapes out of habit. SBD is about lifestyle change, and that means changing habits. Hang in there and lean on us when the negative self talk threatens to get to loud. You can do this.
Jarlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:33 PM   #18  
40+ years, 40+ lbs

S/C/G: 192/163/150

Height: 5'7"

The SB peanut butter cup is what's saving me right now! I have one late in the afternoon, when I reaallllyyyy want a treat. If you're not familiar, it's one sugar-free fudgesicle, microwaved for about 10 sec to loosen it off the stick, then mixed with 1 T. peanut butter. So, so yummy. I thank whoever came up with this one every time I eat it.
40plus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:48 PM   #19  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

I had a pb cup tonight, but I put cool whip in mine.. LOL
If you leave everythign a bit chunky it reminds me of heavenly hash ice cream.
Is certainly good
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:44 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 178/165/140

Height: 5'5"

I have a PB cup pretty much every night, it absolutely saves me! I put Cool Whip in mine too, and after it's all mixed together I pop it in the freezer for a 1/2 hour. It's like having a big bowl of ice cream!
ChelseaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:54 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 212/195/155

Height: 5' 8.5"

Wow, sounds so awesome! Gotta try that one.
Jarlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:07 AM   #22  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Natalia..good idea with just sticking with apples/berries for a while. I looked up the sugar content of mandarin oranges in light syrup and it was 18g..that could really set you off. Even if you don't have the juice, they have been doing the backstrock in that juice and suck it up!

Yogurt can be so sneaky...well, the yogurt companies can! Try just sticking with greek yogurt. You can add so many yummy things to it. I love it with berries and a little agave and roasted almonds. It's also great to add cucumber and dill and a little salt and pepper to it and serve it over fish and chicken. I have a vitamix and have been making fruit sorbets with a little yogurt added lately...tres yummy!!
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote