South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 02:55 PM   #16  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Hi Ladies!!

My name is Tara and this is my first trip down the Beach I had thought, incorrectly , that SBD was lowfat and lowcarb. Now after reading the book I realize it's different-fat, and only lowcarb on P1 (well, lowcarb compared to what I was eating!! LOL)

Anyway, I am on Day 1 and although not hungry and not worrying so much about calories and snack placement, just making sure I stay clean..I am very sugar addicted and already feel the rage coming out! I have done Carb Addicts and the Zone and PP before and while detoxing on those I got very moody about day 3. I can't believe I am already feeling very moody already!

Can anyone relate to what I'm talkign about and any tips on making it out alive? I have a 2yo and a 7yo and don't want to take it out on them.

ALSO, I see that the sample menus call for nonfat SF lattes as a snack. I was thinking maybe going for a drive and getting mself a "skinny" tall cinnamon dolce from Starbucks might do the girl some good. That should be ok, right? skinny dolce's are 90 calories, pretty much skim milk, espresso, and SF syrup. So it would be one dairy serving? I normally don't have milk except in coffee, and today I had 1/2c sf yogurt and 1/2c cottage cheese, and a T of ff half and half.
If cottage cheese isn't counted as dairy, I should be okay, right???
Old 05-12-2010, 05:44 PM   #17  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Hey Natalia Welcome to the Beach!!!

Welcome to the beach. I drink SF lattes from Starbucks. I liek the SF hazelnut with non fat milk. As long as the dolce is sugar free you can have it. You can have 3 servings of dairy a day. Cottage cheese or any cheese doesn't count as a dairy

Hey everyone else!

Tammie
Old 05-12-2010, 06:55 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Tara, to The Beach! I'm glad you've read the book so that you'll understand the fundamentals of this plan and become familiar with the different phases. The first several days of Phase 1 are the hardest, but soon you'll discover your cravings for sugar and white carbs have vanished. In the meantime, chew SF gum to help you get past the difficult moments. And make sure you are including dairy and legumes in your menus every day to help stave off the SBD "flu" that usually hits some Beachers around the 2nd or 3rd day, and keep you feeling full and satisfied. And, as Tammie pointed out, cheese does not count towards your dairy serving. Cheese is counted as protein on this plan. We're happy to have you on board, and good luck!
Old 05-12-2010, 07:46 PM   #19  

S/C/G: maintaining

Hello again all. Did anyone see Oprah today? I am months behind in watching but had seen lots about this show coming... The author of Women, Food and God. Curious what others thought.

Welcome Tara!!!! I drank those during PH1. Yummy.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:02 PM   #20  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Tara and Thanks for joining us on the daily!

Karen, I did watch Oprah-still processing, it put me an hour behind schedule!

Well we got a big hail storm-everything is white! It's a vegetarian week for me, I just got back from the CSA and am loaded!...and Kirk leaves for Alaska Sunday! Just a quick hello before dinner! See ya'll tomorrow!
Old 05-12-2010, 10:10 PM   #21  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammies00 View Post
Welcome to the beach. I drink SF lattes from Starbucks. I liek the SF hazelnut with non fat milk. As long as the dolce is sugar free you can have it. You can have 3 servings of dairy a day. Cottage cheese or any cheese doesn't count as a dairy
You can have 2 servings of dairy in Phase I, but 2-3 in Phase II. Love my tall skinny hazelnut latte. I have them several times a week.
Closed Thread