South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-22-2010, 11:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 285/282/145

Height: 5'6"

Default What did you add back to your diet first for Phase 1.5

I have been reading a lot about adding things back slowly, watching for what triggers cravings, and suggestions for adding them later in the day. But what did you add back first? I love carbs of all kinds and I love fruit, but I don't think I want to start with fruit for fear of craving everything sweet.
If you add grains do you include bread and cereal or just one? Thanks for your help.
Cyndi
cyndi0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #2  
Be happy.

I added steel cut oats for breakfast and that was the only thing I added for about a week. I knew I wasn't going to be tempted to eat more than one serving and I was really missing hot cereal in the mornings.

I added 1 fruit the following week, as a snack. I had blueberries or half an apple with yogurt and I think it was nearly a month before I ate fruit by itself because I was worried I wouldn't be satisfied with just one serving.

Even though it's allowed at this point, I rarely have more than the oatmeal and 1 or 2 servings of fruit each day. I had a hard time getting enough veggies in when I was eating more grains and it's those 4 and 1/2 cups of veggies every day that seem to keep my scale moving in the right direction!
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/282/145

Height: 5'6"

Thanks so much for your input. I will keep what you said in mind when adding back foods.
cyndi0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:17 PM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I added apples and cherries first/a serving at a time. My next addition was Ezekial bread(sprouted grain). I was definitely in a comfort zone by the end of P1, but especially missed my fruit.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/165/140

Height: 5'5"

I also added steel cut oats first, because I was soooo sick of eggs for breakfast. I am a cereal junkie and the oats are delicious. Then I added a fruit w/my afternoon snack.
ChelseaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

This time (third is the charm) I added blueberries late in the day. Last two times I added steel cut oats because I got so sick of eggs. This time I decided not to add what I most wanted to see if it would keep me from craving and overeating. I do best to really limit grains still. They are what I most overeat and my scale does not like when I eat a lot of them!
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote