South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 08:38 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 191.2/138.5/129

Height: 5'3"

Wow! You all are up bright and early this morning!

I'm getting ready to head out on the road for a delivery. It's beautiful here today. We're actually going to hit the 80s. My kind of weather!

I had a pleasant surprise this morning. I got my capris out to wear and they actually fit! I've gained just enough weight since last fall that I didn't think they would, but they did!

Shopping day sounds like fun, Karen! Especially when it's for smaller clothes!

Congrats on the 5 pound loss, Cyndi! Awesome!

Hello to everyone else. I'm headed out into the sunshine.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:00 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 178/165/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone! Looks like I'm always one of the last ones to get up and get online. My DS's preschool doesn't start until 10:00 so we're not early risers around here (except for my DH, who goes to the gym at 5:00).

Cyndi, Congrats on the loss! 5 lbs at once, wow!

Debbie, The museum sounds so fun. Hope you get in your bike ride too.

Heidi, I love seeing everything bloom this time of year, forsythias are so beautiful.

Ruth, I hope the gym worked out your soreness.

cottage, I hope all goes well w/cindy's surgery.

Mmc, Good luck getting back into your routine, it's always an adjustment. My DS just went back Monday after spring break and that first day was a bit rough for him.

waisting, Shopping for smaller clothes is the best! Have fun.

jennyplain, The pollen is crazy here too, I don't have allergies but my DH is feeling it big time.

tammie, Giggly kids are hilarious! How old is your DD?

Geo, I love the warm weather too! We actually turned on our AC yesterday because it hit 95˚ outside!

I'm having a challenging week so far with trying to figure out how to implement Phase 2 without going crazy with cravings. Thank goodness I can come on here and get help!!

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by ChelseaW; 04-07-2010 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:06 AM   #18  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Chelsea my daughter is 12. Everyone gave great advice for you in your other post. Good luck with the phase 2. Take it slow and you will do great. Take it one meal at time.

Tammie
Old 04-07-2010, 09:09 AM   #19  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I hate the summer! I hate the heat and humidity! Why oh why is it going to be 90 here today? Why did I have the heat on last week and the a/c on this?

I'm melting....melting...mel....................
Old 04-07-2010, 10:38 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 195/186/140

Height: 5'6

Hello everyone!

Broke out my summer dress today-- it's supposed to be 87 here! So excited! Sorry that you're melting, Jenn.

I went to visit my pre-major advisor today and she's trying to convince me to double major in German and something else. She reasons that since I'm planning on going abroad in Hamburg that I'll just end up with the major anyway. I'm ambivalent about it.

Oh wednesdays-- why are you always so hectic?
Old 04-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #21  

Jenn, I like warm weather, but this is TOO warm! 90 in the spring is just wrong! We tried not to turn on our AC yesterday but when it got up to 85 in the living room I gave in.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:57 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! Just a quick check-in from me. Things are going okay here. I'm slowly transitioning into a pescetarian lifestyle, which is really hard. But, it's a really healthy way to live and I really want to get myself healthy.

Work has been a bit crazy. I've cut out a lot of my internet time, except on breaks, and I'm hoping the example of that is being viewed by the employees and emulated.

DH and I leave a week from tomorrow for our mini-vacation and I can't wait! We really need/want the break. I hope everyone is well!
Old 04-07-2010, 12:01 PM   #23  

Cyndi -

I hate the heat. If I had a pool, it would be another story. Heck if we had a grassy backyard where I could put a sprinkler I'd be a bit happier.

Um, anyone ever hear of only breaking out on your legs and having one itchy palm as symptoms of anything? I haven't been out in the sun, no changes in laundry detergent...I am at a loss.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:39 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 195/186/140

Height: 5'6

Jenn-- The only thing that I can think of for breaking out on your legs that isnt connected to a change in environment/food is maybe razor burn? I don't know about the ichy palm. Did you touch any plants?
Old 04-07-2010, 01:38 PM   #25  

Jenn, Did you recently use a new product for shaving your legs?
Old 04-07-2010, 03:19 PM   #26  

Nope. LOL it started BEFORE I had shaved so not razor burn. Ugh it's sooo anooying! Thanks for trying!
Old 04-07-2010, 04:20 PM   #27  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good afternoon all.

Kate - My DH has a double major in German and Sociology. He started out in Engineering! The Sociology was just because he had almost enough classes and so finished it up. He studied in Germany and later did a business internship there and really loved it. Of course neither major helped him after college and he got an MBA and went into finance.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:51 PM   #28  
Be happy.

Jenn, my lower legs, the bottoms of my feet and between my toes, the palms of my hands and my fingers break out in what my clinic calls an allergic dermatitis.

For me it's usually when the pine pollen is out full force but happens at other times too. I used to get an Rx ointment for it but over the counter benadryl works just as well and just as quickly.

If you've got any benadryl on hand you might want to give it a shot. I take the pills AND use the spray when it's bad, but normally I catch it as it starts and the pills alone are enough to stop the outbreak. If I don't start the benadryl quickly enough I get little waterfilled sores, not as painful as blisters but they heal the way blisters do - leaving rough, dry skin.

When I used to rush to the clinic they would ALWAYS ask me if I was feeling more stress than usual. I guess that is also a trigger for some people.

Hope you feel better soon.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:24 PM   #29  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi58 View Post
Jenn, my lower legs, the bottoms of my feet and between my toes, the palms of my hands and my fingers break out in what my clinic calls an allergic dermatitis.
Sounds a lot like my eczema that I've developed since menopause. I get blisters or extremely itchy, reddened skin, mostly on my feet between my toes. My daughter gets eczema on the palms too. I just use topical steroids until it gets really bad. Then it's off to the dermatologist for something stronger.

My forsythia is blooming here too! Tulips are way up. We have Tulip Time here in Pella in early May, so hopefully the early season won't mess that up too much. It's a huge extravaganza and the locals have been known to replant other flowers hastily immediately prior to it when the weather has not cooperated.

I have been working 12 hours for 2 of my four shifts per week. Start at 7am, get off at 7:30pm. It's quite draining. I just get home and it's hard to decompress, get ready for bed, and start the whole process again at 5am in the morning. I liked my part-time status and occasional days off before.

DH has had no luck in the job hunting process. Still sending out resumes, but no call backs yet. Keep us in your prayers. It's already been 5 weeks now.

My son is graduating from college in about 6 weeks. He has a summer job lined up, but I don't know what he'll be doing after that. Have to plan a big party for him. He has Asperger's syndrome and I'm so proud of him for graduating from a large university and doing it in 4 years. I never ever thought he could do it. I am so happy to be done with college tuition too!

We have been having rain here the last 2 days, but Monday was in the mid-80's and yesterday was very humid. I have heard neighbors turning on their AC's but I refuse to do that. I don't like having the threat of tornadoes almost daily this week. Sirens went off yesterday and today! Hope you all have a great rest of the week.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:53 PM   #30  

Hmm, I was thinking it could be a reaction to shaving cream or lotion, because it would make sense that only one of your hands was itchy. LOL The pollen count is sky high, maybe that's it.
Closed Thread