South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 06:15 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default Funny Friday

Hi all! Am I the first? Just getting this thread started...I'll be back!
Old 04-30-2010, 06:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Friday Frolicks

Good morning, and Happy Friday!

We're gearing up for a summery weekend around here with temps in the mid 80s! The grandkids will all be here tomorrow, and I just know grandpop is going to be asked when he's opening the pool.

After my Wii date this morning, I have a few errands to run, and this afternoon I plan to sit outside on the patio and plan out my flower garden.

What ever your plans are for the day, let's take time to start the day with coffee and a chat.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:25 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Friday Frolics?

TGIF and yippee for the weekend. It's cold out there but there's a pink and blue sky. We are supposed to get to warmer temperatures this weekend. Gardening is definitely on my schedule.

The volunteer tea yesterday was good. Jazz was an absolute angel and impressed everyone. He had his picture taken several times for the newspaper. When you take a dog along at these events, it works out well because you can manage only a cup of tea with something very minimal on the saucer. I got away with a small piece of cheese and a cracker which I fed in wee bits to Jazz.

Today I have some dashing around to the banks (money shifting) and have a Church supper meeting at Claire's. We are planning our 200th anniversary celebration for next summer and there's lots to do. As usual, it will be fun.

The loons have flown over so it's time for me to get in gear.

How does your Friday look?
Old 04-30-2010, 06:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

And I'm second! Wow. I did not sleep well, too hot and we did not turn the a/c back on, DH got up at 3:45 to make an early flight.

He is heading to DC to visit his friend for a few days. (They planned this without knowing they'd see each other in Florida last weekend.) Turns out DH gets to watch the President take off (or land?) in Marine One from the White House grounds. Pretty cool.

I will try to keep busy without him so that I don't snack too much in his absence!

Third... up popped Cottage
Old 04-30-2010, 06:27 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

I'm back. I feel gross today. AF started plus I ate a bunch (and drank) last night. Yuuuuuck. Today will be clean. My boss is out today whooo hooo and I took care of most of my work yesterday so can devote today to personal stuff (don't tell).

We have some nice plans for the weekend - dinner with friends (sans kids) tomorrow evening and Sunday a child's birthday party plus a trip to BJ's. This time around, BJ's seems to have an excellent coupon for everything I need (like cat food and Brita filters). Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 04-30-2010, 06:31 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Wow, looks like a race to start the Friday thread Good morning Early Chicks

Mmc - Happy Friday!

Cottage - Happy weekend Your plan for the day sounds just perfect. Enjoy

Ruth - Say hello to the loons for me. My work day often starts with loons but it's not quite the same

Karen - Enjoy your home alone day

I have a 9 am coffee shop meeting with a good friend/peer, a lunch date with another and maybe a visit from my bf and her adorable granddaughter this afternoon. Not a bad plan for the day After that it will be the weekend!

The sun is out and the temperature is going up. Looks like a perfect weekend is heading out way

Last edited by CyndiM; 04-30-2010 at 06:32 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I started greeting everyone, when my son dropped in for a quick coffee and chat. I enjoy it when he takes time to pop in on his way to work.

Mmc, thanks for getting us started. You beat me by a millisecond! We have plans to hit BJ's over the weekend, too.

Ruth, we both had the same theme for today's thread, although you had it spelled correctly, lol. How lovely to start your day by listening to the loons!

Karen, your DH's trip sounds like fun, and that would be exciting to watch the president's plane! I hope you planned something special to do for yourself while he's away.

Cyndi, it sounds like you have a really pleasant day planned, and then you have your trip to PI over the weekend! How was your DD's trip to Haiti?
Old 04-30-2010, 07:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Sorry Ruth, I missed you popping up too! I was so surprised to be the second one on here... I need to type faster to beat the early birds

Mmc - Isn't it amazing how our bodies react?! I felt like crap and actually had to take a nap the day after my overeating. I'm going to be clean with you!

Good morning Cyndi. Thanks for the reminder... I have a coffee date today late afternoon and might actually have forgotten! I'm thinking of an iced flavored skinny latte.. you?
Old 04-30-2010, 07:09 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

mornin' ladies nothing much here, haven't been around because teaching 14 days back-to-back seminars and topped it all off with a round of summer flu. ugh!
my man is due back from norway after 3 weeks and i've got to get both meself and house in shipshape!!!

hope you all get a fantastic start into ur weekends!!!!!

got a thing for exclamation points today, sorry =)

Last edited by jandaman; 04-30-2010 at 07:10 AM. Reason: spelling-challenged
Old 04-30-2010, 08:02 AM   #10  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Morning

TGIF!!!
Linda I am a little jealous of your four day weeks!! LOL

Cyndi Your day sounds fun!

Ruth LOL I like Cyndi I see loons everyday too! HAHAHA

Hey Karen Enjoy your day!

MMC Enjoy the day without the Boss!

Me- Not to much today! We are going to be cleaning house this weekend. It amazes me it gets so messy over the week.

Tammie
Old 04-30-2010, 08:25 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Just a quick flyby for me at work today- DD2 team won so Saturday there will be two games.

Last night finished addressing and adding pictures and party flyers into the cards. Waiting on a couple of address and I am ready to mail next week.

Have a great day and lovely weekend.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:37 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone

Snowing yet again, and I slept in after staying up late. We had a meeting last night and didn't get home until 9. I plan on heading to the pool but I don't think our guests are going anywhere....I need to look in the freezer for lunch and dinner!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-30-2010, 10:07 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Good morning all,

Ruth, you have loons flying around? Do you have any pictures of them? I love different types of birds. We only have basic birds around here-robins, sparrows, crows, a few redbirds.

Ok, tomorrow is the big test of my resolve to eat healthy no matter what. I'm helping out at a community yard sale to benefit my local charity quilting group. And they aways have a ton of junk food, cookies, candy and soda for the volunteers. I plan on taking a big sack full of healthy on plan foods-it's 5:30am-3pm. so I know my resolve will be tested around 11:00.

And I've also figured out that I can't have macedamia nuts or cashews in my house without over eating them. If I don't buy them I won't be tempted to eat 1/3 of the bag in one sitting while watching tv.

Last edited by sarahyu; 04-30-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:08 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/165/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone! And happy Friday!

Mmc, Enjoy the bossless day!

Tammie, Good luck w/the cleaning! My house is the opposite - it stays pretty clean during the week when DH is at work and DS is at school, but on the weekends it gets messy.

jandaman, Sorry you were sick, I hope you're all better now.

Cyndi, Sounds like a great Friday!

Karen, How cool that your DH gets to watch Marine One! I've never seen that, despite having lived near DC pretty much my whole life.

Ruth, Hope you get those warmer temperatures and some good gardening this weekend.

cottage, I can't wait for 80˚ this weekend too! Have a great time w/the grandkids.

Debbie, I'm glad you got to sleep in. Hope you have a great day.

Pearlrose, congrats to your DD's team!

Sarah, Good luck at the yard sale! I hope it's hugely successful, and also that you can stick to your food plan. It sounds like you're well prepared for the challenge!

Kelly, any news about Bender?

I had my appointment with the new doctor yesterday and we discussed my weight loss efforts. I really liked her, she took the time to answer my questions and was very friendly and open. She was very surprised I haven't lost more and she ordered a bunch of blood work (including thyroid) and a cardiac workup (because I've been having heart palpitations as well.) I hope we can get some answers, because I weighed in again today and still no change.

Last edited by ChelseaW; 04-30-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:24 PM   #15  
Motivated for Success!!

Height: 5'7"

Good morning and happy Friday everyone!!

Sounds like you all have fun/productive weekends planned!

Bender is starting to show signs of improvement! Yay!

I wish I had more time to chat, but I have a million things to do! Hope you all have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend!
Closed Thread