South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-27-2010, 11:03 PM   #1  

Default Here I go again

Hi everyone. I will be starting SB on Monday, for the umpteenth time. I have never even made it all the way through P1. I serioiusly think I have a sugar addiciton. However, this time I am doing it because my doctor wants me to. My triglycerides are too high, and my LDL is way too low. I was also complaining of being extremely tired all of the time, no matter how much I slept. My doc says that eating too many bad carbs can do that to you, too. So, shopping and planning tomorrow, and Day One on Monday. I am going to try to post here every single day, becasue it is inspiring to read these posts, and without motivation, I'm afraid I'll fail.... again. I'm going to spend some time here tonight, looking for recipes, since I am shopping tomorrow.
texasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Yes, do keep in touch. I wish you the very best on your journey to good health. I know my numbers have improved since I have been on the SBD. Will look for your posts.

Sharon
artic123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Welcome back on board, Texasmama! I'm glad you are doing all your shopping and preparation ahead of time so you can ensure yourself a successful Phase 1. It's a good idea to plan a week's worth of delicious meals to look forward to every day, too, just to give you the motivation to stay on track.
Good luck, and we'll be looking for you come tomorrow!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:48 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Nice to see you again. Posting often really helps, even if it's just to confess your transgressions. It's very important to have a clean Phase I. Go for it!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

I agree! Two weeks is not that long in the scheme of things. I used to tell myself that I could do anything for two weeks. And being on here really did help
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:55 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

You can do it, Texasmama. Make sure you have on plan foods that you like available. No sense in trying to force yourself to eat stuff you don't like. Buy the kinds of veggies you like, not what you think you are supposed to eat. For me, that means red peppers, lettuce, broccoli and cauliflower to roast. I also love nuts and eat some for a snack every day. Posting here daily is so important, as is planning out your meals a week in advance. Reminds me I need to post my dinners for the week on the dinner thread!
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:02 AM   #7  
Be happy.

Hello Texasmama

I'm looking forward to your regular posts. I'm sure that will help you stay motivated and determined this time. I give the ladies here credit for my success - they motivate me and keep me on track.

And the recipes here are so good..... I did SBD without this site years ago and though I lost weight I didn't eat half as well as I'm eating this time.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:41 AM   #8  

Thanks everyone! Planning a week ahead won't be too hard, I usually do that for our dinners anyway. So, I just had to do it with SBD friendly foods this time! I really hope I can stick to it, you guys are right, 2 weeks isn't that long, I don't know why I have failed to do it in the past. I look forward to talking to you all often!!
texasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:15 PM   #9  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome back texasmama. Checking in here daily and using different recipes (foods you really look forward to eating) really helps get you through the first few weeks. By then you'll be feeling so much better. I had my labs checked after 3 months on SB, but didn't really notice a big improvement until 6 months into SB. Hang in there!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:34 PM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

back to the beach. Help yourself stay accountable by posting every day. We'll hunt you down otherwise
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:58 PM   #11  
Motivated for Success!!

Height: 5'7"

Good Luck texasmama!!! I know you can do it!!
KellyEnix is offline   Reply With Quote