South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 07:49 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

It's not raining here, but the sun isn't shining, either. So far, no water has seeped into the basement, and we're very relieved about that.

Today, we're going out to get more shelving, and there will be more wall & floor scrubbing, but the clean-up is coming along nicely, and we have almost everything moved back downstairs. The fumes from the bleach drove us back upstairs yesterday, so we're going to have to go easier on that, and open some windows while we're working today.

It's nice to hear from you, Karen, and I'm glad you managed to stay OP during your long drive. When I'm on a long road trip, I like to snack on crunchy apples and carrot slices (chips). They take a while to chew, and keep my mouth busy.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:02 AM   #32  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Of course my body does not believe it is almost 8
My whole plan for the day is up in the air. I need to go over the mtns to get to NY and the NWS has all sorts of horrible warnings about the weather up there. The VT State Police don't seem to think it's not so bad though. This time of year makes me crazy! I think I'm still going but a bit later than my original plan. I have to remember I have more daylight so more flexibility.

Karen - Nice to hear from you on the road I'm a car eater too. I often go through more than a gallon of water on the trip to my Mom's just because I have that urge to do something while driving. Have a great time skiing!

Ruth - Happy napping

Lisa - Great job staying on plan with all the chaos. Hope today is calmer.

Cottage - Sounds like you are making the most of the forced renovation. Get lots of fresh air in there today,bleach fumes are no fun.

In other news around here, our toilet started leaking at the base last night. I hate to leave DW to deal with that. Hope the landlord can just caulk it or whatever without bringing the plumber in. Luckily it's a slow leak so manageable though not something I'd recommend.

Okay, off to scan more weather forecasts and road reports. Assuming I get out of here I won't be around much between now and Wed. night. It's all dial-up, slow dial-up at the parents so I rarely get on line. Hope spring continues to settle in where you are
Old 03-14-2010, 08:14 AM   #33  

Be very careful on your drive over those mountains, Cyndi, and have a safe trip!
Old 03-14-2010, 08:22 AM   #34  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning It feels to me like no time change since we crossed into another time zone yesterday. For once, good timing. I am sitting in the hotel lobby alone and even had to get someone to turn on lights for me! DH and DS are sleeping and I just can never sleep late.

Have a great Sunday all.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:32 AM   #35  

S/C/G: maintaining

Darn. Now 4 people have down up and the big screen tv is blaring annoyingly. There goes my peace and quiet for the day. And they don't even serve breakfast for another half hour!
Old 03-14-2010, 08:35 AM   #36  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Karen, I'm glad to see you arrived safely and managed to stay on plan. Have a great day today. And Lisa, WTG staying on plan yesterday while chaos erupted around you. Cyndi, drive carefully today!

Ruth, I changed my clocks but I feel like I'm rushing to get ready for church this morning too.... I think my body mistrusts the clocks. lol

Hello to the rest of you, too.

Instead of relaxing and reading or watching movies yesterday I did some heavy duty cleaning/reorganizing and decluttering in the bedrooms upstairs. The kids have moved out and Fergie and I started using their rooms as storage rooms and it finally got to me. Fergie is a little pack rat - so this was the perfect time to do this. I was compassionate - he'll never miss the stuff of his that I weeded out. (He never does.) He just can't be around when I'm dragging bags out because he wants to know what's in every bag.

I've got 3 bags of clothes and things to drop off at the free store on my way to church this morning and a bag of trash/junk to drop off at the transfer station, too. I'm going to see if I can pick up new curtains for our bedroom after church. I love the ones I've got in there but they've been washed so many times now that they're looking pretty limp and faded now.

Hopefully I'll catch a lifetime movie and some snuggle time on the couch with the dog this afternoon. Enjoy your Sunday friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 03-14-2010 at 08:39 AM.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:21 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

We arrived safely home yesterday. Thank you Cottage, for remembering us!

Eating - was lots of off plan. I think the difference SBD made though, was lots was still on plan. We took the kids to McDonalds Thursday night, because we were running out of time (had to wake them up at 4:30 am). I couldn't do it. Just couldn't get myself to order that stuff! Often had salads, etc. when in the old days I would've gotten something big and greasy. I'm planning on starting Phase 1 or 1.5 (may have fruits) tomorrow. The house is loaded with veggies!

It was hard seeing my dad though. He had a second devastating stroke, over 3 years ago now. He can barely talk (yes and no is the extent of what you can understand), can't walk. He can eat, and that's the only thing important to him. When he had the second stroke, his blood sugar was well over 500, and it's mostly controlled now by diet alone (although my mom feeds him too much for his inactivity!). I would bet, in retrospect, that he had/has depression as well. It only bolsters my want to eat/live a healthier lifestyle than he did so I don't end in the same spot as he is.

I occasionally read a thread or two while I was gone, but it is good being back!!
Old 03-14-2010, 10:22 AM   #38  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Morning!!!

Karen enjoy your ski time!!

Heidi New curtains!!!

Anne- Glad to see you in the daily. My hubby is from Iowa. Good luck to your hubby and the interview.

Cyndi Have a safe trip!

Today I am repotting some herbs I bought. I am also going to start some seeds inside for strawberries and tomatoes. I also need to start reading and getting ready for my next set of classes. I also need to menu plan and go to the grocery store. and of course clean house! Guess I have a busy day.

Enjoy your Sunday. It is sunny and pretty here!!!
Old 03-14-2010, 11:42 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I cheated on pizza yesterday and I didn't even enjoy it! That's my last cheat till I lose all my weight and have a cheat day. Sorry about your Dad, Twynn!
Old 03-14-2010, 11:54 AM   #40  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning, just wanted to introduce myself. i'm hoping to be around alot and for a good long time. i was on sbd last year until i started my new job and it just seemed to go down hill after that. i've been trying to find something to help keep me on track and have ended up back here so i think its time i get my butt in gear and do what i need to do.

anyways, since i was last on i have a new grand daughter and another on the way, bought a house, and have been hired into my new job (finally not a temp). now that i am moved in and everything is mostly at a even flow i think its time i start working on myself.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:20 PM   #41  

Twynn, I'm happy to know your family had a safe trip. That's sad about your dad, though. My father was in the hospital for a while a little over a year ago, and it was pretty much touch-and-go for a while. He's supposed to be on a strict diet now, but he isn't following it at all and always has excuses. It's a shame, but that is what's keeping me motivated to keep myself healthy. I don't want to end up like him and depend on prescriptions to keep me alive.

me4life, I'm so happy that everything is starting to go well for you! Congratulations on your new granddaughter, and being promoted to a full-time, permanent postion!

to everyone, and I hope you're all enjoying your Sunday afternoon!
Old 03-14-2010, 01:31 PM   #42  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Happy Sunday all. VERY lazy here today again. Have to hop on the Wii Fit at some point and shower

cottage!
Old 03-14-2010, 02:05 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 137.2/134/120

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone! I hope all of you are having a great weekend ^_^ I just have to share yesterday's NSV with y'all. I went shopping for some spring clothes, and as of yesterday I have dropped two sizes! I am now a very comfortable, fits perfectly with no muffin-top 6. I don't think I've seen that size since I was 14! I'm even more motivated now to eat OP and stay healthy ^_^
Old 03-14-2010, 02:30 PM   #44  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning all! (had to look at the clock to see if it was still morning) It's a beautiful day at my house today - sun shine and blue skies. We don't do daylight saving time in az - who needs longer 110 degree days in the summer time?

Thanks Jenn for the recipe link. Sounds really good. Cabbage only 23 cents a lb right now, and I love cooked cabbage.

Glad all the travelers are having safe trips.

Hope all the east coasters are staying safe with the rain, flooding and high winds they've been reporting this morning. Ever since a big tree in my yard blew down last year (just barely missed the house, literally by inches), wind storms scare me to death.

Heidi - WTG on your "clean up". I've been trying to get the same done at my house - entirely too much "other people's stuff" in here. New curtains is a great way to brighten up a room.

Katt - congratulations on the new size. That is just awesome!

Everyone have a great day.

Last edited by soiley; 03-14-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:48 PM   #45  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

So today at church fellowship, there were brownies, chocolate cake, chocolate chip cookie bars, sugar cookies, and croissants. Kara ate NOTHING! My pedicure better be FABULOUS on Friday!!!

Kate, what did you end up getting your papa?

Anne, take a step back and realize that you're stuck at 119! Can you imagine what that would have seemed like when you started your weight loss journey? You are maintaining at 119! That's awesome!

Ruth, did you make it to church on time?

Lisa, I'm sorry to hear things exploded around you this weekend! Good job staying on plan!!!
Linda, glad the clean up is going OK!

Cyndi, I hope your trip goes well! Sorry to hear about the leaky toilet.

Karen, I'm sorry your quiet got interrupted!

Heidi, great job on the cleaning out! Enjoy your movie this afternoon!

Tammy, I'm glad you had a safe trip! I'm sorry your dad's condition was hard to see. I bet you guys being there was good for him, though!

Tammie, enjoy your gardening!

Okie, that's the worst feeling - looking forward to something you think is going to taste good and then having it taste awful! We like to make our own pizzas on toasted whole wheat tortillas. Our favorite variety is topped with pizza sauce, artichoke hearts, diced tomatoes, mushrooms, and cheese.

Me4life, welcome to the forum! Congrats on all the big news in your life recently!!!

Jenn, you deserve a lazy day!

Katt, what fun shopping for new clothes in a great new size!

Jerie, if you get a chance, could you send some of that sun my way? Thanks!

Last edited by tomandkara; 03-14-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Closed Thread