South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 09:18 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone!

Today is going to be a big planning day as my two coworkers and I are going to start getting stuff together for our trip next week. A mistake in mapping can really cost us hours out there, so we'll spend the next two days getting everything mapped out.

DH is home sick today. I have everything thawing for Meatball Casserole for dinner, but I'll check on him at lunch. If he's not doing well it'll be soup and sandwiches instead.

Well, I need to get some breakfast in me and start pulling files and maps. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 02-18-2010 at 09:19 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:42 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 195/186/140

Height: 5'6

Hey everyone! Hope everyone's days are going good.

I'm in for (another) hectic day. When aren't I doing a million things at once? I have an interview in a little bit to become a tour guide for my school. My mother thinks its a great position for me-- she can never get me to stop talking. After that I'm working in the costume shop then going to a tea about Virginia Woolf and then finally video chatting with my youth group back home! Phew. Just gotta keep chugging along!
Old 02-18-2010, 02:14 PM   #18  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Okie, I'm so glad your computer is fixed. You have one smart sister!!! Sorry about the weight fluctuations. I bet they'll be ironed out when your period is done.

Debbie, I'm glad you got your taxes done!

Hi Katy! Great attitude about the scale.

Tammy, I hope your run was good. The weather is starting to look up here so I'm hoping that running may be in my near future. I am no good on the treadmill. It makes me antsy.

Linda, I hope your last day with the girls goes well. They are going to have quite a photo album of their trips!!!

Cyndi, your posts about your cats make me never ever want a cat ever.

Ruth, is there a lot of Olympic craze in Canada or is it so far away from you that it doesn't affect your area too much?

Michelle, I'm sorry about the stress at work. I hope things turn out OK for the kids!

Heidi, hope your day went well!

Karen, I love your profile pic. So sweet!

Jenn, glad your class is almost over. I hope the next couple days go quickly for you and you get some real answers from your test.

Kim, I hope your husband feels better fast! Good luck with the visits.

Kate, your day sounds busy but really nice. Enjoy your different activities!

Speaking of busy days... My girls were off school today so they spent the morning at exercise class with me. They were very good and stayed in their little area while I did my classes. I am so pooped now! We got home just as Connor was walking up to the door from school and then it was homework and homeschool quick-like-a-bunny before violin lesson and then off to base for martial arts. We stopped by the post office on the way and mailed a package to a friend who is deployed. Came home just in time to do bedtime routines and get the kids snuggled off to Sleepyland.

I made the best lunch today! I roasted some eggplant with onion, garbanzo beans, and pine nuts and then made some light pesto and pasta and mixed the whole thing together with some tomatoes. It was so good that all the kids had THREE plates of it! Tom ate it cold when he got home and said it would make a great summer salad. It will definitely be on the menu from here on out!

Yesterday I was up three pounds after our vacation but today they were gone! Yay for getting right back on track and it actually showing up on the scale!

Last edited by tomandkara; 02-18-2010 at 02:21 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:05 PM   #19  

S/C/G: maintaining

Jenn - This is my favorite picture of you yet! How sweet.

Kim - Hope your day is going well. Meatball casserole sound good.

Kate - I think being a tour guide would be so cool! Good luck.

Kara - Thank you That is DS1 when we dropped him off at college in August (and before my long slippery Fall weight regain after reaching my goal on SB in the summer). He turns 20 next week so has been on my mind a lot.

We got a taste of Spring here today! I got DH to take a walk outside with me and it was a sunny crisp 50 degrees. Wintery mix tomorrow again
Old 02-18-2010, 04:16 PM   #20  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone,

My eating choices have been bad lately so today is Day 1 of a full two weeks of Phase 1 for me. Exercise has been great.

I enjoyed watching the women's skiing last night but felt for all the women who fell.

Chelby when are you going to Disney we are going at the end of March.

Sorry no time for personals for everyone.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:29 PM   #21  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

You all are so sweet on the pic comments. Thanks. This one was a shock (DW is not very PDA'y) and unsolicited. Maybe she *is* getting it after all.

Chel and Pearl -- Dw is a Disney FREAK so let me know if you need any tips/recs on places to stay, getting tickets, parks, places to dine, etc!
Old 02-18-2010, 07:16 PM   #22  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Geez, it took me all day to get back here! I was going to drop by before I left this AM, but read the teary thread first and it did me in. Great day OP, but it's snowing like crazy now. I took a Zevia soda and nut bar to knitting and stayed strong through the food orgy. Now it's dinner time already.

Ruth, I love your "self inflicted". Most of mine is, too.

Chelby, I think it would be fun not to tell Auston till you get in the car.

Heidi, see you on the other end.

Karen, snowing here! How was your arm in yoga? I typed and knitted so much when I started SBD my arms hurt all the time. BTW-you've aged! Very nice!

Jen, good sign, that DW wants to do Wii in the AM. Hope your day was ok. Nice Pic!

Pearlrose, glad you've been getting the exercise in. Sorry you're back to P1.

Kim, hope your sweetie is better. I hate sick men!

KateSparrow, I think it's amazing you can video chat with the youth group.

Kara, your lunch sounded fantastic! I was up 3 after my weekend, but it's gone now, too.

Mmc, nice pic, too.

Ok, Bball starts in 45 min-time to make that OP pizza.

Karen, it must be snowing like crazy at Steamboat. This looks like a heavy duty snow.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 02-18-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:22 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Kara - just had to say, I think it's funny you get antsy on a treadmill!!!!
Old 02-18-2010, 08:58 PM   #24  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Pearl, We are going to Disney the week of April 11. Our spring break is late. Are you going in March?

Jenn, We are looking for a place in the park so we can take advantage of the transportation system. My MIL/FIL are going with us. We need a two bedroom condo with a kitchen. Any suggestions? I've been all over the Disney site. I think I'm just going to call Disney. Today ended up being so busy, I didn't get to call.

Debbie, We won't tell him for a long time, or he will torture us every day... "Are we going today?" "Are we going today?" "Are we going today?" "Today?"

Last edited by Chelby29; 02-18-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:00 AM   #25  
Visualizing the Goal

Tammy, I'm not afraid to admit that I have issues. I think having a TV (*with* sound) would help, but I get SO bored on the treadmill. I keep thinking about other things I could be doing that actually move forward. Ironically, I love the elliptical. Probably because I can read on the elliptical. I will run outside, though. Running itself is not my favorite but I do like the way it tones my muscles so I deal with it.
Closed Thread