South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 06:39 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default Monday Musings

If Monday posts cross, just fold mine in. I finally have my ticker - yay!

Back to a regular schedule this week. Hubby is back at work after being on vacation last week and son back in school, and I'll be back to the gym! My weeks go from Friday to Friday so I've been once this week already. My goal is 4x each week. Another goal is to look into a yoga class. This week is going to be all about getting myself centered again. I've felt a little off kilter for the last couple of weeks, not sure why. Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Last edited by Mmckellen; 01-25-2010 at 06:40 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for starting us, Mmc, and congratulations on reaching your ticker status! (BTW, do you have another name we can address you by? Many of us go by our first names, but if you don't feel comfortable using it, that's OK too!) How did your physical go yesterday? I hope all is well. Yay for getting back into your gym routine! I just starting doing yoga on my wii, and it's a lot harder that I thought it would be! I really have to work on my center of balance, lol! Have a great day!

It's a very soggy morning here, and we're at 59* already! I hope the worst of winter is behind us, but that's wishful thinking. I got up early so I could start my day with exercise, which is my new routine. It's a great feeling to have it behind me, and now I can get on with the rest of my day.

The girls only have 1/2 day of school today and will be home by 1pm, so I'm planning to finally take them out to select their own valentines cards. We usually like to make homemade ones, but there's just not going to be time this year, and each of the girls have between 20 - 25 kids in their classes anyway. At least I figure there will be a wider selection of nice cards if we get out and shop early. They have piano later this afternoon, and then I can head back home again.

Can you believe we're in the last week of January already?

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 01-25-2010 at 06:52 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:01 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Mmc - Congratulations on reaching ticker status I'm looking for a new yoga class too. I took some time off because of the job situation (doing 2 jobs really sucks the hours away) and just found out that my teacher is taking time off now I'm not sure I can get it together to go during lunch. Where are you fitting it in?

Cottage - Every morning that stupid Wii tells me how shaky I am. I just ignore it I was thinking about starting a thread to share routines. I'm curious to see how other people organize their workouts. I change mine up every few days to keep it interesting (and because I just can't handle lunges every day!).
Happy valentine shopping

Well it's rainy, windy and just at freezing here this morning. Lots of schools closed or delayed so I'll take my time too. Once the temperature goes up a few degrees the black ice should go away. Then it's just the wind. My little car gets great gas mileage but isn't so happy about high winds on the highway. It's a long wind tunnel so I usually take a back road instead and just watch for tree limbs. Gotta love country living

Nothing much going on today. Just getting through another Monday. Hope yours flies by without hiccups
Old 01-25-2010, 07:03 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies!

Nice looking ticker, Mmc.
I love vacations, but there's a lot to be said for 'regular schedules'. It's much easier for me to stay on plan when I'm following a predictable routine. Enjoy your time at the gym today.

We're getting the front edge of your storm now Linda. Snow and freezing rain right now, but it's supposed to warm up and turn to a downpour by the time the sun comes up. No school for us today because of the slippery roads this morning and expected flooding later on today. Enjoy your valentine shopping - I love valentines day.

I'll be back in a little bit to catch up with the rest of you, since I'm a lady of leisure again today (remind me of this when I'm heading to school at the end of June because of all these storm days ).

Edited to add - Hi Cyndi! Drive carefully!
Your posts about your wii convinced me that I do want one. We drove all over yesterday but came home empty handed. I checked online before we left and found 2 stores with them in stock - but by the time we got there both had been sold. *sigh* I should probably just order one online - but its going to be an anniversary gift from my DH so I suspect he'll want to prolong the 'excitement of the hunt'.

Last edited by Heidi58; 01-25-2010 at 07:08 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:19 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Yay for a new ticker, Mmckellen! I hope you find a yoga class or DVD that you like. I love my yoga! My favorite is the one in my P90X routine, but I'm sure there are loads of good ones out there. I had a fantastic teacher in Korea and so enjoyed her classes. I was sad when we had to leave.

Linda, you are such a good nanny! I want you to be my nanny. Have fun card shopping with the girls this afternoon!

Cyndi, I know what you mean about lunges. One of the workouts in my cycle has a lot of them (it's called Back and Legs, you'd think I might have guessed!) and every time I do it I think, "If I have to do one more lunge..."

Heidi, have a wonderful day at home! I am picking up my Wii Fit Plus tonight and I'm so excited! I found it on an on-line yard sale site we use here. The guy had bought one on Amazon but it was taking too long to arrive, so he got one at the BX and then his mail-order one came. So it's brand new and I'm getting it for $98! Yay!

We woke up to a couple inches of snow on the ground this morning so Tom had a delayed start to his day. Connor's school is a block away and I don't think they do snow days! He had his regular hours today. Kadyn finished her violin and grammar before school so that's out of the way. I was supposed to volunteer at MOPS this morning but it got cancelled because of the road conditions, so I got to go to the gym instead! Much better! Now I'm eating a salad and some cashews and then I have to go dust, sweep, and vacuum the third floor and hopefully get in Connor's violin practice before we pick up the girls. The girls' first martial arts class is tonight so I'm going to make a big late lunch. I think I'm going to do "chicken" sandwiches with sweet potato fries. Yum!

Better get going or I'm not going to get it all done.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:20 AM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

MMc: Congrats on the ticker!!! YAY!

Cottage: Good idea -- I went this weekend to fill an Rx and the cards were already scarce! Awww, to be a kid again. Is it where they have to give everyone one or can they pick and choose?

Cyndi: Stay Warm!

Heidi: You too, stay safe!

As for me, DW is in bed (no fair!) but is going to drive me to the Metro (she has plans today and needs the car or else I'd have been gone already). Not looking forward to work and all the crazies not to mention I have to talk to crazy lady today at 4p - the higher ups have their meeting at 11:30a and her behavior is going to be addressed. I had bad nightmares about the 4p call all night. Oh well. Off to weigh in and get to work. Check back in later chickies...
Old 01-25-2010, 07:21 AM   #7  

Morning Kara! Lunch sounds delish! Do you deliver???
Old 01-25-2010, 07:25 AM   #8  
Visualizing the Goal

I'll tell you what, Jenn. I'll make some for you if you come visit.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:27 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Checking in late because I slept late. Rainy morning syndrome, I call it. The Dogs were very appreciative of the towel rubdowns when they came in.

Mmckellen, thanks for the start-up and congrats on now having a ticker. I've been trying for years to get myself "centred" - maybe you can give me hints.

Cottage, you exercise demon, you! Sounds like the usual busy work day for you. Thanks for the reminder about Valetines cards. It's now on my list for Wednesday when I hit town again.

Cyndi, living in the country is certainly a challenge on days like this. We have mild weather so no ice right now but it'll be back. I left my car outside last night to get a free carwash - there are some advantages.

Heidi, I still smile every time I see that avatar! That's right - you have to make up the snow days at the end of the year. I'd forgotten that.

I'm heading for the gym this morning. It's ridiculous to think I must be there for 7:30. Later on works just as well. I must do it before I get distracted by anything else. I am so immature!

Have a good Monday whatever you do. It's a gift which is why we call it the present.

ETA: A big Hi to Kara and Jenne who snuck in while I was blethering!
Old 01-25-2010, 07:27 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Jenn - good luck! Hope something good comes out of your meeting
Old 01-25-2010, 07:48 AM   #11  

I am tempted not to go in. I am STILL here at the computer!
Old 01-25-2010, 07:49 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I got up a bit late so I need to hustle a bit this AM.

Mmc, yoga has helped me tremendously-not just the exercise, but in getting centered. For years I would state my "intention" as "I want to be healthy". After being on SBD for awhile, I stated it as "I want to STAY healthy". It was a big shift.

Cottage, it sounds like the storm is coming your way. Have fun with the girls!

Cyndi, I think we need a Wii daily, especially now that Kara, Cottage and now Heidi are jumping onboard. Take care today on those roads.

Heidi, see you around later. I, too, like my routine while I'm trying to LW.

Kara, I'm glad you found a Wii Fit. I know it can be awfully hard to find stuff overseas. I was excited to hear that the MOPS program extends to your neck of the woods. What a great program.

Jenn, best wishes going out to you with the crazy lady. I'm sure today will be tense, but you can get through it!

Ruth, I have to get my exercise done in the AM-or it just doesn't happen. Thanks for the nice message about the precious present.

Me, got the house picked up and am off to the gym at 630. A little swim after, then back to continue my projects at home. See you all later!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-25-2010, 07:55 AM   #13  
Visualizing the Goal

Ruth, I'm glad you had a nice sleep! Enjoy your gym time.

Debbie, I could do without MOPS, to tell you the truth. I've never been to the program as a participant. I volunteer to do the childcare, and it's a very hectic morning whenever I'm there. I don't think I'll be doing it again next year.

I still haven't done my cleaning. I need to go get the girls now so I guess it'll get pushed back to later. Egads.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:56 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, now I don't feel quite so bad about being so shaky on the wii if you're having problems, too. I'm doing much better than I was on Saturday, though! The position I'm having the most trouble with is the Palm tree. I'll know I'm making good progress when I can finally stand steady on one leg! I like the idea of starting up a wii thread if there's enough of us to do it. Take care driving today, but I know you will!

Heidi, you lady of leisure! So what are your plans for the day? Jake and I had to go to 4 stores before we finally found our wii. Check out Target and Walmart. Our anniversary isn't until the end of April, so I'm glad Jake didn't make me wait til then! I hope you can find one soon, as they are so much fun. I'm really enjoying mine.

Jenne, I hope your meeting goes well! Good luck! As for valentines, the girls's school requires that you give one to everybody in your class, to be fair and not cause hurt feelings. I'd make that my policy even if they were allowed to pick and choose.

Kara, your lunch does sound pretty yummy! I had a seitan "chicken" breast for supper yesterday, and it was delicious. I hope the girls enjoy their first martial arts class tonight.

Ruth, there's nothing quite as pleasant as sleeping in on a rainy morning, especially if it's a Monday! My car is getting a good car wash as we speak, lol!

Where's Debbie this morning? I guess she's enjoying sleeping in, too!

ETA, THERE you are Deb! You were just busy getting ready for your full day! Have a good one!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 01-25-2010 at 07:58 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:03 AM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Where's Debbie this morning? I guess she's enjoying sleeping in, too!

ETA, THERE you are Deb! You were just busy getting ready for your full day! Have a good one!
Cottage, thanks for thinking of me. I really appreciate how much we care and "keep track" of one another. I'm doing a bit of a modified food plan for a few days, so I'm trying to get some extra rest. Today it worked!
Closed Thread