South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-07-2010, 01:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 455/434.5/225

Height: 6'3''

Default V8, honey, and vanilla extract

Not TOGETHER! lol...I like these three items and wanted to know if they are yay or nay considering SB or in general.

I HATE the original V8....but they make these great little juices...not the 10% Juice "Splash" juices...but the 100% V-FUSION wonderades!!!! ok "wonderade" is not in the label. But i LOVE these juices...and they claim to fufill one serving of BOTH fruits and veggies per 8 oz serving...is this to good to be true???

I love honey...in my hot tea...on a slice of WHOLE WHEAT bread...in a tablespoon...i just like it! How bad is it...please tell me it's not a tasty little sin

And Vanilla extract in the past has been something I use to add a little something to select dishes...please tell me it's safe...and if so in which phase...

please let me know guys...i fell off the wagon and am trying to get back on and buckle up for the new year...
TheRightWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

V-8 and vanilla extract are fine, but honey is not allowed in any phase. Honey is full of sugar and very high on the glycemic index and causes cravings for more sugar. Agave nectar is a good substitute, but it's not advisable until Phase 2.

Have you read the book? We strongly advise that you read it and familiarize yourself with each phase before starting on SBD to make it successful.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:38 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Also I think the V8 with fruit juice is not allowed. I understand that fruits are very limited even in phases 2 and 3. You could have a whole fruit, i.e. an apple or grapefruit, but the juice is just like drinking a soda.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Oops, sorry! I didn't see that the V-8 you were talking about was the Fusion. That's a no-no because of the sugar content, and fruit isn't allowed on Phase 1.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 455/434.5/225

Height: 6'3''

but i heart v8 fusion!!!!... Ahhhh...oh well...and i figured honey would be out...guess i'm quittin hot tea
I've read the book...i just can't refer to it offhand...because my friend..."borrowed"...it...ima have to get it back...THANK YOU ALL
TheRightWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote