South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-19-2009, 07:17 PM   #1  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Default Hunger... or lack there of

Hi Beachers,

Silly question for you. I previously did WW and tended to snack throughout the day. I've found that in my first week of SBD, I haven't really been as hungry. I eat 3 square meals but maybe only have one snack vs. multiple snacks throughout the day. Not that this is a bad thing.

I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed this?
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:29 AM   #2  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

copied over from where you asked this in the 20's forum:

Feral - The same thing happened to me. You are supposed to eat until you're full, and the idea is that you should never really be HUNGRY... ever. I seriously have to set myself an alarm to remember to eat snacks and lunch. Otherwise I just go about my day and before I know it I'm starving and its 4 pm when i was supposed to have lunch at 1. Since you are eating such high quality foods, they give you the full feeling for a long time. Its pretty awesome if you think about it. I find that they make you feel really GOOD too.... just in the all-around sense. But yeah, make sure sure are sticking to the schedule and eating 6 times, regardless of if you feel hungry or not. The idea is to kick your metabolism up so that you're digesting food practically all the time.
jazzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome to south beach diet! Isn't it great!

(meaning: yes, that's part of the joys of the diet!)
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:34 AM   #4  
Be happy.

That's how it is for me too, Feral.
Sure makes things easier this time of year with all the holiday treats around, eh?
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:20 AM   #5  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Sure does!!!! No crazy sugar cravings! Thank God. Especially since I work at a school and I came home with SO much candy/baked goodies. I gave them to my parents. I did want some of the candy the other day, not because I was craving the sweet but just because I wanted them. The European chocolates were daunting!!!! Thank you creator of the fudgesicle!!!!

Thanks for the responses. Isn't it sad that when we're making a life style change (diet implies coming OFF of it says my therapist) that we think we SHOULD be hungry???

SBD is GREAT!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:39 PM   #6  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

I believe in south beach diet as the best one as far as making a real lifestyle change. Its the only "diet" i've found that is based on principles you can really live with for the rest of your life!
jazzang is offline   Reply With Quote