South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 10:15 AM   #16  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Sophie, I'm glad you have some warm weather. Have a great trip! I started another hat today.

Cat, hopefully you'll get to hang out a bit more since you have a WHOLE WEEK OFF! BD bash sounds fun! Have a great day. What I like about SB is that I can say that I can do this for a lifetime. What I always felt when following deprivation plans is how can I keep going??? I'm glad to be healthy and satisfied today.

Heidi, get some rest!! We can catch up later. I have alot of things I'd like to do today, now I need to figure out what I'm going to do. Hmm...drink coffee, knit, and think about it!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 11-21-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:23 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Wow! Lots of chatter going on this morning! It's such a nice pick-me-up to read all the friendly conversations going on.

Debbie: Thanks for starting us up this morning! You sure are an early bird, even on Saturdays! I've been on the Hodgson Mills website before, but didn't pay much attention to the recipes. I'll probably be like Cyndi and be glued to it for the rest of the morning. I hope your day-at-home to-do list isn't too long! Enjoy some "you" time!!

Ruth: I know you'll be missing the pups. This is going to be our first Thanksgiving at home with them and I may be more excited that they don't have to spend it in the kennel than I am about all the other stuff. You'll have a great time with Linda, though, and I'm sure she'll keep your mind on other things. I hope you get a great sleep tonight. I'm with everyone else; enjoy your lack of responsibilities this season!!!

Twynn: I'm with you. The house is a disaster, but right now, I don't care! I'm off for the last fishing afternoon of the season with hubby. The house will wait until tomorrow after church. Have a good time with the kitties!

Chelby: Yikes! You're on a quick schedule, aren't you?! I'm sure you'll get it all done. I've got the shopping finished, but I'll probably end up wrapping presents at the last minute as usual.

Linda: I've got some lavender out in the back yard that I forgot to wrap. I really didn't expect it to get down 27* overnight. The forecast said 36* for a low. Oh well, I'm just going to get her some sun today and hope she's fine. I can't wait for posts next week about what a blast you and Ruth are having!

Cyndi: I'm sure you and Julie will have a great time today! Stay warm, though! I'll be looking to you for sanity because I'm fairly certain mine has flown the coop already!

Cat: Nice to "see" you here! Sounds like you'll be having a fun time in the kitchen this week. You're right, it's nice to be a part of an online group of non-whiners! Even when one of us has had a bad day, it's never presented in an annoying, complaining, whiny fashion.

Heidi: I'd probably have needed a pixie stick per hour to stay up all night with those kiddos. I'm glad it sounds like everyone had a great time! Now get some rest!!

Sophie: Thanks for reminding me, my oven needs to be cleaned this weekend as well. I hope your weekend agenda stays somewhat empty!!

Me: I was up early this morning (7:00), especially for a Saturday. I took the opportunity while DH slept to play the Wii for a bit. We had a late night last night which included going out to "Gallery Night", a local festival of sorts to promote local artists. I think for some it's just an excuse to be able to walk the streets with good wine or beer and lots of fair food. I didn't do too bad and just had a few nibbles of Jason's roasted turkey leg and had a roasted ear of corn myself. I avoided the funnel cakes, ribbon fries, fried pickles and etc. completely. It was a lot of fun and then we came home, lit a fire in the back yard fire ring and sat until about midnight, just talking. It was a really nice way to start the weekend.

Jae is working on breakfast and after that, we'll be headed to the gas place to fill up the propane tank (forgive me, but we're having fried turkey for Thanksgiving; please put the pitchforks away! ) and do the last of the grocery shopping before the week. After that we're off to the lake for the last fishing trip of the year. Tomorrow we're headed to church in the a.m. and then I will finally put the second coat on the kitchen walls and attempt to paint some of the trim.

Okay, that's enough yapping out of me and I need a coffee refill anyhow. Hope everyone to come has a great Saturday!!
Old 11-21-2009, 10:27 AM   #18  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Debbie - Have fun baking, I still need to go grocery shopping but not sure if I will fit that in today or tomorrow after church since they are both on base.

Ruth - Give it a good 4 to 6 months and then it won't bother you anymore and you can just enjoy watching instead of doing everything.

Twynn - I am with you, you clean one room and they are in other room making a mess. LOL

Chelby - Have fun shopping, I think we might start today as well. My DH is the one who complains the most, I used to but said if you can't beat them then join them LOL. I do clean several times a week but I just don't sweat the messes, life happens and they will be gone from the house before you know it.

Cottage - Have fun at TJ's, I need to make a run maybe one day after work this week I will swing that way

Cat- Have fun cooking and enjoy. Yes I enjoy the cheer in this thread you are right.

Heidi- Glad to hear you had a great day, now get some sleep

Sophie- Didn't realize you had a cold as well, hopefully you will get over it before you leave.

As for me- have to run DD1 to her Ortho appt and then I think we are going shopping this afternoon, never made it to the movies last night, we did not want to have to deal with the crowds for the new moon movie.

Enjoy your weekend.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:47 AM   #19  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone... We had a cleaning person come to our home and spend 8 hours. That was nice! She is coming back to do some more work tomorrow. I can't wait to have a clean bathroom that I didn't have to clean myself!

I have to write a million papers and things this week, and then my family is coming in on Tuesday...

Weeb
Old 11-21-2009, 12:51 PM   #20  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Sophie, I love that sign. My mom has one that says, "Never trust a skinny cook!" Love it!
Old 11-21-2009, 01:01 PM   #21  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh my! Just found out the group for the concert tonight has 11 band members who all need to plug into our antiquated 110 amp electrical system. I may need to borrow a cup or 400 cups of electricity power from the neighbours! It's a good thing the roof got replaced this week on our 200 year old building. (The chimney fell apart during the week but that's another story. It'd be gone for sure after tonight!)
Old 11-21-2009, 01:23 PM   #22  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

oh no! Ruth, I've experienced some horror stories during my time re: old church buildings.

Our house is either 160/120 years old depending on what part you're talking about...we chose to tear down a chimney because it was falling down (the fireplace was blocked a long time ago anyway...

But new buildings don't have the character....
Old 11-21-2009, 01:41 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Our thread is aptly named this weekend. Everyone seems like they're in a chatty mood, and it's so nice to hear from you all and find out what you're all up to.

We just got back from our shopping and finished up lunch. The holiday crowds are out already, and traffic was bumper-to-bumper. Monica called to say she and Carley are heading out this way right after they drop Eric off at the theatre, so I'm just going to sit and relax for a while until they get here.

Ruth, is there a place where you can rent a transformer for tonight's concert? Just a thought.......
Old 11-21-2009, 03:27 PM   #24  
Come on Spring!

Thanks, Cottage. If worse comes to worst we can move the whole shebang over to the Fair Hall. It probably would be better there anyhow. We'll see what happens at five when we connect up. The power situation is a mystery to everyone, including the very competent Doug and the brilliant Dr. Bob. We have an electrician booked for next week to see if he can figure it out. We have two meters and a mysterious leakage which sends our bills sky high. Anyhow it should be an interesting evening - I hope Eric's is not as "interesting".
Old 11-22-2009, 06:27 AM   #25  
Come on Spring!

Good morning. The concert went well with no power problems after all my fretting. We actually had 11 musicians and 85 audience members crammed into our wee Church which holds 66. The group was just great and were obviously having a lot of fun. I put the Church back in order for this morning's service and came home and fell into bed. I even slept in!

After Church this morning I am going to do the Big Domestic for a while and then will be going out for afternoon tea. Four of us "girls" have decided we never get together to just chat and sip tea so today we start. Of course we'll all bring some sewing or embroidery "so as not to be wastin' our time"!

It should be a relaxing afternoon after a hectic week. I hope you take some rest and relaxation time too today.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:49 AM   #26  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Ruth! Glad to hear everything worked out for the concert. It sounds like a lovely day you have planned-enjoy!

Kirk and I went to dinner at our "new friends" home last night. We met them at Kirks TBI (traumatic brain injury) meeting on Thursday night. Ends up we have lots in common and we had an enjoyable evening. Today we jump in to busyness at church then come home to start packing and organizing. I hope the snow can wait for one more day. I've decided to bring one of my big salads for the potluck along with the SB Pumpkin Pie which is already sitting. That will make it easy to stay OP. I've enjoyed a nice cup of coffee and may crawl back in and snuggle with Bing.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!
Old 11-22-2009, 07:33 AM   #27  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning,

Last night was supposed to be a date night. When Jeff's parents found out we were going to Sam's, they wanted to go too. So, we ate where MIL wanted to eat and I didn't get what I ordered. Auston was a complete fool in Sam's. He ran down the aisle, slipped on the floor, and smashed his face into a display. His nose bled like a faucet! All I had was my suede jacket, so I held it on his face while we made our way to the bathroom. He was yelling, "This is the worst day of my LIFE!" all the way to the bathroom. I think Jeff still owes me a date! This morning, Auston actually looks pretty good. I expected a couple of black eyes.

I got all the laundry done yesterday. Yay! Today I have to wrap presents for my Louisiana family. I'll have to pull out my Charlie Brown Christmas CD. It's my favorite!

Happy Sunday!
Old 11-22-2009, 07:35 AM   #28  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's just warm enough to be a frost free morning. Not many of those left so I'll enjoy every one

Ruth - Sounds like a perfect day. Enjoy your tea time.

Debbie - How is that pumpkin pie? I'm going to go crustless for T-day but may try something more adventurous for the family holiday gathering.

Chelby - That definitely does not count as a date! You need a child free night out, even if it's chores.

Cottage - Hope you were able to stock up enough wine for your holiday guest. I hear she can really put it away

Weebles - I so miss our cleaning person. Guess that should be me today

Kim - If you are looking to me for sanity you are in serious trouble. I don't think I've seen mine since the 70s, before disco. Hope that fishing trip was loads of fun.

Sophie - so glad you are finally feeling better

Cat - sounds like a fun big cooking Competent company in the kitchen will make the day more enjoyable

It's a domestic day around here. The house has definitely gotten into an unfortunate state with me being away last weekend. I'm not going to overdo it though and plan to kidnap my bf from her new business and drag her out for a walk today. Hope there is some time to just sit back and enjoy life planned in your day today

Last edited by CyndiM; 11-22-2009 at 07:36 AM.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:50 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I must be getting lazy in my old age, I slept in until 7 today.

I'm glad the electric situation held up for the concert last night, Ruth. The church must have been bursting at the seams, but it sounds like a big success. Enjoy your tea this afternoon. Going out for tea is one of my favorite things to do, and there are a lot of very nice teahouses here. Hmmmm, maybe I can fit that into our agenda this week.

Debbie, how nice to discover new friends with the same interests as you! You made me chuckle, as you're thinking of crawling back to bed to snuggle with Bing, rather than Kirk.

Chelby, you poor dear! You definitely deserve another date night, with just the two of you this time! I'm glad Auston survived his ordeal, and I hope you were able to salvage your suede jacket, too!

Yesterday afternoon Cindy called me from the hospital to tell me Maggie fell off her horse at the Fox Hunt and broke her clavicle. I would have gone over, except that Monica and Carley were here, and Cindy said Maggie was holding up just fine and being very brave for the doctors. I'll give a call over there in a bit to see how she fared during the night and maybe run over to the farm with a little something for her. Other than that, there's just the usual Sunday visit with Mom & Dad, and probably my son and his gang coming for supper later this afternoon. I may try to squeeze in some time to make a few dishes to freeze for Thanksgiving.

Right now I need more coffee.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:55 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Kim- That evening sound lovely! Love the fire part especially.

Ruth - Wow! Sounds like it was a great time! Congrats on a full house!

Chelby - LOL. I saw your post on FB. Honey, if the DS is with you, it's not a date night. And especially if the in-laws tag along. We won't even touch the nosebleed thing!

All else- have a relaxing Sunday. Sounds like too many of us are going to be domestic!!

Me - That cat spay clinic kicked my butt last night. I stayed an hour late to finish up what they had...next time, I'm taking the early shift! But, they gave me a gift certificate to a really nice local restaurant (read: date night!) since I volunteer my services, that I look forward to going to. Then my DH drug me to Home Depot last night, and with an error in the first batch of paint, took forever to leave. But, I got to pick out paint by MYSELF. No one ELSE!! I pointed out to my DH that I don't get any rooms to decorate by myself, so now I get the cat room. LOL. It's a lovely shade of yellow...light, creamy/warm tinted. It's a small room without windows, so I think it was necessary.

Thanks for the coffee! I need to go clip coupons!

Cottage - at least it was only the clavicle!

Last edited by TwynnB; 11-22-2009 at 07:55 AM.
Closed Thread