South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 03:51 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

p2

B:2 softboiled eggs&pumpernickel
L:some kind of salad and sbd shepard's pie
D:haven't got a clue.....

well, it looks as if i need to sit down and whip up some menu plans--i KNOW that being unprepared leads to excessive snacking etc!! i'll read thru ur backposts and get inspired...need more veggies, too!

postscriptum after perusing very useful what's for dinner thread
D:lentil soup with balsamic roasted veggies (thx for the inspiration laurie)

Last edited by jandaman; 11-04-2009 at 05:00 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:36 AM   #17  

Yesterday was totally OP

Phase 2

B: porridge with 5 slices dried apple and a sf/ff vanilla yoghurt
L: chicken caesar salad (light dressing)
S: roasted chickpeas and a banana
D: chicken stuffed with herby cream cheese, wrapped in parma ham and roasted. Roast sweet potato, roasted green beans and carrots.

Last edited by Shimmy Slim; 11-04-2009 at 08:20 AM. Reason: to add dinner plans
Old 11-04-2009, 06:37 AM   #18  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Am feeling a bit down and out of control these days although the deviations have not been major. I think I'm still recovering from the weekend decadence.
Today I am going to do the soft-boiled egg and pumpernickel breakfast a la Jandaman. Lunch will be the last serving of pea soup - NO CRACKERS! Dinner will be very low carb - chicken and veggies over spaghetti squash, I think. Today's challenge will be the tea at the nursing home this afternoon and those darned tiny tea sandwiches! I may take along a dog which means I'll have to stay out of the tea room due to health regulations.

Right now I'm getting organized to go off to the gym for an attitude adjustment.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:37 AM   #19  
Be happy.

Good Morning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandaman View Post
well, it looks as if i need to sit down and whip up some menu plans--i KNOW that being unprepared leads to excessive snacking etc!!
I find that, too.
Even if I don't stick to the plan, I make more thoughtful choices when I start substituting.

I've got parent teacher conferences today and youth group after that so I need to pack my food for the day and bring it all with me when I leave this morning... Here's my plan:

B: oatmeal with milk and stevia, v8 juice
S: pistachios
L: tuna and tomato
D: turkey and cheese rollups, SF Jello, milk
After youth group: red pepper slices and hommus

No time for a walk today, but it's just as well, my foot is killing me this morning.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:14 AM   #20  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Yesterday started out really good and ended up with some really poor food choices. Really poor for me, because this is the first time in 6 months that I have eaten any food off SB. I understand the whys; I was emotionally distraught and reached a point of temporary insanity where I absolutely did not care to make a good choice.

I am still pretty upset today, but have resolved to get my food back OP regardless of my emotional state. I don't have physical cravings to eat off plan.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:02 PM   #21  

debbie!!!

Last edited by jandaman; 11-04-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:50 AM   #22  
Be happy.

Hey Debbie, how did it go yesterday?
"first time in 6 months" is AMAZING! I'm really sorry you had a rough day and glad that you're resolved to get back on track but I'm impressed that you've been so faithful for so long.

I looked at your Beacher Bio yesterday and saw you'll be skiing this season. Way to go. I ski Alpine to be sociable - when friends or my son talk me into it. I ski Nordic for enjoyment. lol

Here's my plan for today:

B: cottage cheese, tomato, V8
S: yogurt
L: leftover stirfry
S: hommus and celery (or peppers if I remember to stop at the store)
D: meaty spaghetti sauce over spaghetti squash and salad
Probably a SF pudding or fudgcicle while I'm watching TV.

I plan to hit the treadmill this afternoon.

Last edited by Heidi58; 11-05-2009 at 06:51 AM. Reason: tried to fix fudgecicle.... but I think it may still be mispelled. :0
Old 11-05-2009, 07:10 AM   #23  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Janda, Heidi, Thanks for the kindness you sent my way. It helped!

Ruth, I hope you're feeling better! Soft boiled egg and pumpernickel is one of my favorites! Sometimes I have it for lunch.

I'm feeling better today. My food was OP yesterday and I've upped my committment for another. I have a OP Pumpkin Pie in the oven and we're going to have a SB picnic today after we get our exercise in.

Two things I've learned here this week;
1. One meal OFF plan is not a big deal-no matter what I ate. (As long as I get right back OP!)

2. Since I already knew I was seriously stressed, I could have planned ahead for a semi-OP dinner with a treat (such as OP Pumpkin Pie) and done much better for myself then oinking at McDonalds, Oh, and two Krispy Kremes.

So, that's what Pumpkin Pie and OP Picnic are about today; having a healthy and happy experience OP-acknowledging the stress exists and accepting it.

PS-I'm working on SBing this kitchen. I pitched the cake flour and a few other things this morning.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 11-05-2009 at 07:14 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:30 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Debbie, Hooray for getting right back On Plan and putting your off-plan slip in perspective. I think this is a good lesson for all of us to remember. Just because we may fall off the wagon, that doesn't mean all is lost. Just get right back up and jump on again!

I've been having a rough few days, wanting to eat all day long. I've been resisting, although at times it's been challenging, but I do feel good at the end of the day for my efforts, and knowing it's been a "clean" day. I hope I can move past this period fast, though!
Old 11-05-2009, 08:50 AM   #25  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Debbie, good idea to do a kitchen "purifying". I should do the same as raisins and chocolate chips sometimes holler at me.

Yesterday was way too low carb and I suffered for it this morning so today I will be more mindful. I am gong out to a dinner meeting tonight and am taking an appetizer. The hostess is serving a roasted vegetable soup and has asked me to bring a appetizer to "meat it up". I'm thinking cucumber rounds stuffed with ham salad - maybe.

B. orange juice for low BGL, ww toast with Laughing Cow
L. romaine salad with chicken, other veggies and some black beans
D. protein appetizers, veggie soup and NO BREAD. I'll allow myself a glass or two of wine - maybe! Since it's hunting season, the cops are doing lots of RIDE checks.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:04 AM   #26  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Debbie, good idea to do a kitchen "purifying". I should do the same as raisins and chocolate chips sometimes holler at me.
My "other" house is already SB friendly, but since I haven't been here much it hasn't been too big an issue. By getting rid of all the white flour baking products and all white pastas, I've opened up new space for all my legumes and dehydrated stuff. Everything looks really nice and feels functional. I did keep my raisins, carob chips, brown and powdered sugar, but moved them to a top shelf for the rare occasions I might use them.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:05 AM   #27  

quick accountability check-in
phase 2

b:irish oatmeal with chopped apple&almond
s:banana
l: lamb's lettuce salad w/apple vinegar dressing&Kalyn's mac'n'cheese w/ww pasta, green beans&broccoli
s:latte macchiato&dried mango strips
d: (veggie soup with turkey hotdogs)-- in parentheses cuz plans went awry-had pumpernickel sandwich w/lofat cream cheese, ham and cucumbers galore instead.

that's a lot of starchy starchiness for me...tomorrow will be heavy on the veggies and proteins....

Last edited by jandaman; 11-05-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:26 PM   #28  

Height: 5' 10"

My check in for today - p1

Bf - 2 ricotta muffins
lunch - salad with chicken, lentil soup
snack - veggies and lite laughing cow cheese
Dinner - Pork loin, not sure what veggies, maybe broccoli.
snack - ??
Old 11-06-2009, 07:05 AM   #29  
Be happy.

Down another pound this morning - and I started my TOM. I'd forgotten that personal benefit of SBD. I know it doesn't work this way for everyone, but I have much less bloating and discomfort when I'm exercising and eating well. Yet another reason for me to stay OP.

Here's my plan for the day:
B: V-8, cheese sticks, cucumber slices
S: yogurt
L: left over stir fry (last serving - finally!)
S: salmon, broccoli and salad at one of my favorite restaurants.
(pistachios and water to snack on while I drive if I need to.)

I'm driving down to see my parents after school and I'll be there til Saturday evening. I'm really looking forward to the visit and hoping to stay OP.
Talk to you ladies on Sunday!
Old 11-06-2009, 07:18 AM   #30  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Debbie - hooray for getting right back on-plan and doing it in an enjoyable way.

Cottage - I've been dealing with the constant hunger thing too. I think it's the impending winter.

Today's plan is a strict on plan day so I have room for wine tonight

B: Chard, refried beans, scrambled egg
s: pear, ff cottage cheese if I need it
L: leftover beans and veggie chorizo with spinach
s: 100 cal almonds if I need them, piece of fruit (we have apples & pears!)
D: sauteed bok choi and roasted tofu

exercise - half hour walk at lunchtime then 1/2 hour on the exercise bike when I get home
Closed Thread