South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 07:44 AM   #16  

Height: 5' 10"

Happy friday everyone. Wow, I thought I was jumping off early and there are sooooo many posts! I love an active board. Now I understand why you have a new page for each day. When I was on the WW board we did a weekly chat and maybe got a few pages for the full week.

Its interesting about the apple cider vinegar. I know someone was asking about cinnamon as well. There are so many wonderful health benefits form everyday things. I do strongly believe that all the processed foods is what is causing most of the weight problems outthere. Thats why the only success I've had in losing and maintaining is by cutting those things out.

And speaking of losing ----today is end of week 1 p1, I lost 3 pds!! I'm thrilled. The best part, as I was telling DH last night, I feel very much in control of what I'm eating and what I'm not eating .

Things are going well!!
Old 10-23-2009, 07:50 AM   #17  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Ugh still drainy. Took a sudafed to hopefully dry me up. Just allergies but they can make me nuts!

Ruthie, I thought you'd be more excited about my celebration! I certainly was!!!!!

Going in to work early today to make up a half hour from Monday when I had to go get tests done. Off at 5, home to change, and to the wedding rehearsal at 6 (this is a new development.) Gonna check out the layout of the church to see how I'm going to shoot the video, then run back home, eat, get my things together, grab a movie, and head to Chris' place.

P1D5 and still going strong. Might've over-eaten yesterday, but did so with veggies. I was hungry. Hope everyone has a good day! I'll try to pop by later!

Lisa

YAY PAULA!!!!

Oh how Facebook has spoiled me. After seeing that you'd lost weight, I wanted to "Like" your post. Sigh.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 10-23-2009 at 07:56 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:12 AM   #18  

Talking The "On Plan" Thread for the Week of 10/19: Staying On Plan in ALL Phases!

My thoughts are quickly turning to lunch (yes that would be the no breakfast talking) - the staff cafe has rump steak, is rump allowed? I'm phase 1-ing.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:15 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

meelsie, rump steak is fine for Phase 1, just trim all the fat off it before you eat it.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:19 AM   #20  

Rump steak it is then, with a mixture of salads from the yummy salad bar there- greek, and there's also a great one they do with tomato, peppers and feta. And lots of lemon juice.
What's everyone else having for lunch? Or breakfast, depending where you are!
Old 10-23-2009, 08:23 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by meelsie View Post
If a product works at first then stops working, don't START using it. What those products usually do is supress the psoriasis and then the skin will build up a resistance to the cream eventually... and come back worse.

I used to use cortisone on my scalp and thats what happened and it was horrible- when it came back I didn't know what to do as it was so resistant to anything I tried.

I put about a kilo of salt in a hot bath once a week and use natural creams, most of which contain things like honey and eucalyptus to soothe and promote healing, and this, along with apple cider, has been the only thing that's been a long term solution.

Which is nice, as it's much cheaper too! Natural is usually better for skin etc I find.

Chelby, I'm so sorry to hear that about your in laws' house- today must be an emotional day for them. I hope they see it as the exciting new beginning it should be! New home new life!
I HAVE to stop this double posting but i'm so behind! People keep beating me then I want to reply!

Oh, right. Natural is better. I started looking up natural remedies to try those not too long ago and that's when I found out about the Apple Cider Vinegar and I wanted to try it and have and it does work. The thing is when I mention anything natural to to doc they don't seem to want people to believe that old folk or natural remedies work because then they lose out on money.. I'm not stupid, LOL.

I haven't tried the Apple Cider Vinegar diluted on the skin yet, but been meaning to. I wanted to try the ACV diluted and mixed with a little of honey to see what the effects would be.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:27 AM   #22  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Wow thought I would pop in early didn't expect so many posts- chatty group this morning.

Sounds like everyone is doing well.

I am off to Anniversary luncheon today for work that should be fun, then tonight I am going to Chad and Jeremy concert my DH bought tickets for.

Have a great day everyone
Old 10-23-2009, 08:35 AM   #23  

JB- I never diluted mine? Odd.

I'd be interested to see what the effect was of adding honey to the mix- keep me posted. The vinegar strips it and the honey would be there to heal I suppose, so it could either cancel each other out, or heal the skin underneath once the flakes have been swept away... interesting, very interesting!!!

Don't even get me started on doctors and psoriasis- mine was first diagnosed as SCABIES!? The only time I mention my psoriasis to the doc is when i'm there for a dermatolagist (sp?) referral.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:43 AM   #24  

Quote:
JB- I never diluted mine? Odd.

I'd be interested to see what the effect was of adding honey to the mix- keep me posted. The vinegar strips it and the honey would be there to heal I suppose, so it could either cancel each other out, or heal the skin underneath once the flakes have been swept away... interesting, very interesting!!!

Don't even get me started on doctors and psoriasis- mine was first diagnosed as SCABIES!? The only time I mention my psoriasis to the doc is when i'm there for a dermatolagist (sp?) referral.
Well, it says to dilute it because alone it can either burn the skin, irritate it, or if you drink it it can burn your throat and create problems and take the enamel off your teeth, so after drinking even diluted ACV I wouldn't brush.

Anyway, if anyone wants to know about ACV go to http://www.bragg.com/
Old 10-23-2009, 09:19 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean32882 View Post
alone it can either burn the skin, irritate it, or if you drink it it can burn your throat and create problems and take the enamel off your teeth, so after drinking even diluted ACV I wouldn't brush.
Jeeps. Glad i'm taking the pill form now, although I could have been told to dilute and ignored it. I have a tendancy to take the "if a little of something is good alot is better" approach with life, so I may have been doing that at the time and just forgotten!

Speaking of which, it says take 2-3 pills per day. Think 5 would make my skin heal FASTER? God I am terrible!
Old 10-23-2009, 09:47 AM   #26  

meelsie, well I'm sure the more ACV the better, does the bottle say not to exceed amount or anything? If not, then I'm sure it's safe to take like 4 pills instead of 2-3.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:07 AM   #27  

Brilliant! I'll give it a go, the only side effect I can think of is maybe acid reflux so we'll see.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:11 AM   #28  

Quote:
Brilliant! I'll give it a go, the only side effect I can think of is maybe acid reflux so we'll see.
LOL, I started on the ACV for my acid reflux in the first place (it's a benefit believe it or not).. haven't had heartburn or anything since unless I eat McDonalds.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:44 AM   #29  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I slept in again, so I've had my breakfast and am heading off to water aerobics!

Have a great day everyone, I'll check in later.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:16 AM   #30  

Height: 5' 10"

BF today was a veggie quiche (made it last night). I was getting tired of boiled eggs

Lunch is a salad with some chicken, roasted pepper and asiago cheese sausages. The sausages don't have any non p1 foods and low fat.

What about you??
Closed Thread