South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-30-2009, 02:33 PM   #1  

Default Atkins vs South Beach?

Hello I am new here. I'm trying to decide between Atkins and SBD. Anyone tried both? I want to begin tomorrow.

Good luck skybluepink!
pigpug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:36 PM   #2  
SBD Rocks!

S/C/G: 184/174/130

Height: 5'4

Hi pigpug. I have tried both. I am just now back on the beach almost 2 weeks now. When I first decided to try "low carb" thing back in 2004 I started with Atkins. Honestly after 4 days I felt HORRIBLE!!! Needless to say I said screw that feeling and went off the diet completely. Then I went to my doc and while he was doing my checkup I mentioned about trying the Atkins and how it made me feel. He told me I should give south beach a try. Well I did and I liked it alot better. I found it wasnt as restrictive as the Atkins and I didnt once feel as bad as I had on the Atkins. Although on South Beach around day 3 or 4 you can "feel" different but not deathly ill. Its just your body starting to adjust I think. I got off the SBD when my marriage went downhill and anything and everything I was banned from having became my new best friend LOL. Anyway I have now been back almost a couple of weeks and feel awesome! Still having to force myself to exercise but thats ok. I know I will follow through on the SBD because I have stuck to it and everytime I consider cheating and going for the bread or things not allowed...I picture myself in 3 months weighing more than I do now. Just thought Id let ya know my story. Hope it helps...But Im so for south beach its not funny!! LOL Good Luck!!!!
RobynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:37 AM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Pigpug, There are a lot of threads in this forum (and, I suspect, in the Atkins-related forum) about this issue. Try doing a search to find them.

I will say, however, that it takes time to read the book, prepare your house and mind, and get ready before starting a new plan, if you really want it to work. So I wouldn't plan on starting either tomorrow. Check out the Prepare Yourself to Start South Beach thread (stickied at the top of this page) for lots of hints on how to successful start this plan, if that's what you decide to do.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:25 PM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

I can only speak from my experience with Atkins. I've been doing Atkins for over 5 years. Most people have a lot of misconceptions regarding Atkins....such as it being the all you can eat red meat, bacon & butter diet. My advice to you would be to read & re-read Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution to understand how & why the plan works. It is also very important to follow the plan the way its been written to avoid "oh yeah, I tried that Atkins diet and that didn't work for me" Here's some info regarding Atkins that may help you:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atki...on-basics.html
http://www.veronicaatkinsfoundation.org/
All the best to you!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:06 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

I did Atkins a few years back and now I do South Beach.

Atkins made me feel physically bad..low energy..bad breath...deprived.
When I could not have fruits it made no sense to me.

South Beach makes me feel good, joints feel better, better energy, easy to feed whole family same food, and feels like a 'forever" way that I will eat.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote