South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #61  

The Kashi pizzas are good. I think my store only carries one that is whole wheat but it is good. I have also used the Ragu pizza sauce to make my own pizzas. It has some sugar naturally occurring from the tomatoes but no added sugar. I add it to whole wheat pitas or tortillas. It is also wonderful to make a pizza using portobella mushrooms as the crust. I think that one is in our recipe section here. Yum!
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:58 PM   #62  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Tryin2, I have used the SB pizzas and they're OK, but the Kashi Roasted Vegetable one is better. It's made with lots of different whole grains besides whole wheat and is very tasty. The serving size is 1/3 of the pizza, which I thought was rather meager, even for Phase II, so I usually eat half of it and hubby eats the other half. He really likes the flavor too. I have tried using Trader Joe"s WW frozen pizza dough too and I agree that it's hard to find a pizza sauce without added sugar.

I did the college weight thing too. Gained over 25# my freshman year and have struggled with it ever since (till finding SB).
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:02 PM   #63  

We're getting closer to the weekend. Here's more Will Power Dust to spread around!

Last edited by SunshineCA; 08-26-2009 at 10:02 PM.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:03 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 345/ticker/170

Height: 5'8

Hi Ladies,

Glad to see everyone motivated and staying OP.

I'm feeling a bit down because I slightly overdid my grains on the weekend. We were away from home almost the whole weekend, and I found it difficult, and I was hungry a lot.

I'm a bit annoyed with myself because of it, but trying to be thankful that it wasn't cheesecake or worse !

Just trying to get back my frame of mind. Your great posts help
ruby2sday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:47 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 180.6/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Are ANY of the Kashi pizzas okay? I bought a margherita (sp?) one last night and I cannot wait to dip into it this weekend!! I think that will really help me stay OP!! I also bought some Progresso Lentil Soup (which I've heard is OP) to try. I think I just need to keep trying and discovering these new things instead of eating the same stuff everyday. I tried roasted chick peas - made them with some marinade I found on a SBD sight - not so good! They tasted very bland.

Anyone have any other "favorites" that come pre-packaged or are very easy? I am just so excited about some of these little finds. I really hope that Kashi pizza is okay because it really made my day!!

Ruby - being mad at yourself won't change what you ate. Like you said, at least it isn't cheesecake!! When I "overdue" it on the weekends, I get right back on track on Monday and drink a TON of water to flush out my system and it seems to get me back on track.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!!
Tryin2LoseIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:39 AM   #66  
Beach Babe in Training

S/C/G: 185.8/180.2/145

Height: 5' 9"

Good morning all!

Thanks for the weekend willpower dust, Sunshine! I think we all could use a dose of that! I'll be away from home Fri night and most of Sat, so trying to be prepared with how I will make good choices and stay OP.

For quick and easy, right now I'm grateful for grape tomatoes. Seriously, I munch on a handful for a mid-afternnoon snack, or if dinner is not ready yet. Sweet and satisfying! Who knew I'd ever think that!?!?

Also, I always have a package of turkey pepperoni in the fridge. I eat some with a string cheese, or just by themselves. I find that the spiciness helps, and I don't eat too many because of them.

Always have SF fudgsicles in the freezer, they are pretty much a nightly snack for me.

Although my grain intake is very small right now (Ruby, I ate too many first week of P2 as well, now I'm extremely cautious!), I've got instant brown rice on hand, as well as ww tortillas. You can wrap anything in a tortilla! I'm the same way -- needs to be quick and easy!

Hang in there, chickies!
CindieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:12 PM   #67  

CINDIEJO: You're welcome. Put some of the dust in your pocket since you'll be away this weekend. YOU CAN DO IT!!

Looks like you're right on track with staying OP. I totally agree that grape and cherry tomatoes are great snacks to have on hand.

Rock on Chickies!
Old 08-27-2009, 07:15 PM   #68  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryin2LoseIt View Post
Are ANY of the Kashi pizzas okay? I bought a margherita (sp?) one last night and I cannot wait to dip into it this weekend!!
For some reason the Mexicali Black Bean one has wheat flour (not whole wheat) listed as the second ingredient after water, whereas the other thin crust ones do not. All of the Original pizzas list wheat flour as the first ingredient in the crust, so I wouldn't use those. The Margherita is a thin crust one and looks fine, as does the Mushroom Trio & Spinach (I tried this one and didn't like it, so I always go back to the Roasted Vegetable one).

I love the Progresso lentil. I also use one of the Amy's chili versions that doesn't have added sugars. (The use evaporated cane juice which is just a kind of sugar or other organic type sugars in a lot of their products, so really read the labels.) There is obviously a lot more sodium in these than your homemade versions would have, but I tend not to make soup too much so it's easier to buy. Make sure there are no carrots (in Phase I), potatoes, etc. when you check the label.

Last edited by murphmitch; 08-27-2009 at 07:15 PM.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:13 PM   #69  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Thanks, Anne.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-28-2009 at 01:40 AM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:24 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 177/161/127

Height: 5' 2"

I'm getting ready to go off-phase big time here tonight, but honestly, I'm not worried about it at all. I started SB a little over 2 weeks ago, and "cheated" twice in Phase 1, with dinners at other people's houses where there literally was little to nothing that was OP. It was okay, though...I ate some OP foods before we went, I kept my portions small, took a little more of what *was* okay and minimized the portions of what wasn't, drank a lot of ice tea instead of beer, had one glass of wine at one of the dinners...and still managed to loose 12 pounds.

Tonight I'm making homemade mac and cheese for a friend. Super high calorie, super high carb. I'm planning on off-setting my portion by adding a can of tuna and some edamame to my small serving, and we're having fresh veggies with a homemade low-fat yogurt dill sauce.

I feel totally confident about this. I mean, we eat with friends and family a lot, and I do not feel I could stay OP if I had to constantly bring my own food or simply not eat with everyone else. I have to find ways to still share meals with friends but make it as healthy as possible. I feel like I can stay OP 95% of the time, and still be healthy. Reading these threads has definitely helped me keep things in perspective and realize how to make this a permanent lifestyle, not just a diet that is a means to an end. If there's an end...there will be weight gain, for me at least.
lorijds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:48 PM   #71  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Lori

I do have a SB friendly lower cal Mac and Cheese if you'd ever like to try it out when your not cooking for others. It's a fav at my house. It came from a cookbook called Recipe Rescue.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:27 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 177/161/127

Height: 5' 2"

Sure, I'd love to have it. Thanks!
lorijds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:22 PM   #73  
kristin

S/C/G: 215/160/145

Height: 5'11"

Lexxis: I'd love to see that too!
kristintcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:20 PM   #74  
GlenwoodHotSprings

My Recipe Rescue Cookbook is at my other house. I'll post it when I'm over next week.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:29 PM   #75  

Happy weekend all!! Have a blast and make sure you stay OP! I want to see success stories on Monday! No excuses!!

Now, here's some Will Power Dust! Take all ya need to survive!