South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-08-2009, 10:50 AM   #16  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Thanks, Mizski--I copied both your posts to the FAQ thread on extending Phase 1. I think they'll help people make more informed choices about Phase 1.

Momsofsteel, I understand the feeling of being afraid that you can't live without crackers or cereal. The thing is, when you're ready (i.e. the life you're living now becomes more unbearable than the possible pain of going without those things for two weeks), you'll be able to do it--and you'll probably find that you not only can bear it, but that you are actually happier than you were with those things. If you eat mostly or all whole grain starches and avoid sugar and simple sugars in general, you may already feel that good and not really need SBD to help you. Plans are suited for different people and SBD might not be right for you. But if you do have trouble with fluctuating blood sugar from eating a lot of sugar and processed starches, you would benefit from trying SBD. I stick by the belief that anyone can do something for 2 weeks. After all, if I, who was totally addicted to sugar and had at LEAST 27 servings of bad carbs daily before SBD, could do this for over 5 years now, anyone can!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote