South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 06:11 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruth, and all to come. Jake is working with Dustin this morning, so I'll be on my own most of the day. I'm planning a visit with my parents this morning, then maybe go to Trader Joe's for a shop. We've had rain off and on since last night, but if it's dry enough, I'll get more work done in the flower beds this afternoon. I couldn't get much done yesterday with Monica and Carley here, but it was sure nice having them here.

I'm glad your sale went well yesterday despite the rain, Ruth. I imagine between getting soaked and all that wine, you slept very well last night!
Old 05-17-2009, 06:29 AM   #17  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, it really was only one glass of wine. I meant "oil and bread" and edited my post. I also just realized how tired I am and am considering skipping Church and going back to bed. The dogs are already back to sleep.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:44 AM   #18  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

It certainly doesn't seem like morning here. It's very gray and rainy - perfect for sleeping in. Unfortunately I'm awake. Got in about 12:30 last night from the Pub. It was fun but I am very tired today

Ruth - A peaceful day sounds like a lovely idea. Perhaps you need a "Road Closed" sign

Cottage - How are those gardens coming? Do you have the freeze warning for tonight? It's such an odd spring!

Now for more coffee
Old 05-17-2009, 07:12 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good morning ladies! Somehow we ended up being gone the majority of the day yesterday so housework and laundry is on the adgenda today along with coloring my hair, washing the dogs and then baccalaureate at 6 pm.

I'm going to have to work very hard to keep my eating in check this week, with all the graduation prep we are going to be very busy. Add to that TOM is due anyday and the blasted scales are showing it. It is so hard not to let the 4 pound gain bother you even though you know the reason!

But for now I am going to enjoy my sleeping house and coffee. Hope you all do the same and have a beautiful day!
Old 05-17-2009, 07:33 AM   #20  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

It sounds like you all are getting a spot of rain. I love what it does for the plants. Its too early to really see here, but yesterday when we looked it was 85 degrees in the shade. Its amazing, being raised here, and then spending all those years in Alaska, how fast it gets hot here. The tomatoes love it more than I.

Another clean day, thanks all for being here for me. It really does make it easier.

We had Taco Bake for dinner. I took the recipe off the website and modified it a bit so I could use what I had at home. What a hit-several bites and my hubby said, "this is great! Could we have this for dinner tomorrow?" So it looks like I have the next few dinners covered! I saw some other great recipes, too.

It sure is a busy weekend for everyone, and we have a day to go here. Me, I'm greatful for a good nights rest. I'm going to putz this morning with coffee. Church is at 10:30 with a potluck after. We're picking a project a day here, so I'm sure we'll find something interesting. Yesterday, we got the swamp coolers hooked up so my afternoon will be cool if I choose.

So I have a question for you all. I am approaching day 14 of P1. I am feeling well, and looks like I have lost about 7 pounds. Should I go on to P2, or stick here a bit longer? I read a bit in the SB book last night.

Have a happy healthy day!

Debbie R.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:59 AM   #21  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

The Sun is shining, it is so nice to see after the gloomy day and windy day yesterday, though it is a bit chilly this morning. Got all my errands run but I wanted to shampoo the carpets and did not get around to it so I am going to try and get that done today. we ended up renting older movies that we did not get a chance to see, all the girl flicks. So me and my 2 dd had a fun evening watching those.

This morning its off to Church. Everyone have a lovely day.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:05 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey, everyone! It's a wet Sunday morning here, but I'm hoping it will dry up a bit; the garden really needs to be weeded. We may just have to throw on some rain gear and get it done regardless.

I'm teaching SS this morning, but that's all I have planned besides the gardening. I would like to get a head start on cleaning for the week, but I started a puzzle last night and may end up just sitting at the table with a cup of tea all day.

I wish I had been prepared for the cool, wet weather. I would love to get a nice stew going for dinner. I think I'll see what I can dig up. Maybe lentil and salmon stew?
Old 05-17-2009, 09:12 AM   #23  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I'm looking for some recipes for baby lima bans (I found a few bags for $.39 and couldn't resist!) - any ideas?
Old 05-17-2009, 03:04 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, one way I like limas is to bake them in a SF barbeque sauce with veggie crumbles and lots of onion. I haven't made it in a long while, and now I'm hungry for it!

Lexxis, I'm not clear as to what day you are on, on Phase 1, but it's not recommended to stay on it longer than 14 days. Remember to introduce new foods one at a time, until you know how it will affect your cravings. There's a great thread stickied in our FAQ section explaining how to enter Phase 2 that you should find very helpful. Good luck!

It's cold, windy and cloudy, and not a good day to try to do anything outside. I gave up, and am curled up on the couch with a quilt and a mug of tea. There's a chicken roasting in the oven for when Dustin and the crew come for supper, and some leftover Boca BBQ for me.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:19 PM   #25  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Thanks, Cottage

I'm on day 12, so I'll go read, as you suggested.

Debbie R.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:19 PM   #26  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone!

It's a dreary, wet day here, too. Perfect for a nap -- which was loverly. I'm sorry you are cold, Ruth. I'm with Cottage, you need a quilt and tea. It even sounds cozy! I'm making a pot of chili for dinner. Chili is definitely winter food, but we keep having these cool days. I keep thinking this pot will be the last. Who knows?

Auston is so excited... 5 more 'sleeps' till we go to Gulf Shores for the a long weekend. WooHoo!!! My inlaws have a camper down there. I'm ready for some beach time. I hope the weather cooperates.

Pearle, What did you watch? DH rolls his eyes every time My Big Fat Greek Wedding comes on. It's my favorite!

Cyndi, I'm not a fan of Limas, but DH loves them. I make them with onion, garlic and Cajun seasoning. He thinks they are great.

Last edited by Chelby29; 05-17-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:33 PM   #27  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Anybody else think that Sundays are the hardest days to stay on plan? Sundays are our days to just relax and get ready for the week so we don't do much out of the house. Seems like I'm perpetually hungry!

Calvin is having a mid-afternoon snack of some leftover spaghetti and chicken and it is all I can do to not lick the sauce off of his face. The pasta and sauce smells so good.

It's chilly here, which is a nice reprieve from the past few days when it was hot hot hot! Rainy, which isn't doing much to motivate us to get out of the house. I have someone coming from freecycle to pick up a fooseball table. They were supposed to come this morning but haven't shown yet...
Old 05-17-2009, 03:36 PM   #28  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Zeff -- If Calvin is like Auston, he has a layer of dirt under the sauce on his face. Don't lick him!
Old 05-17-2009, 05:37 PM   #29  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

He was playing in the mud earlier
Old 05-17-2009, 09:21 PM   #30  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

FYI, it's hard to post on here from your cell phone. Whew! Hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was good but had too many birthday indulgences. Just wanted to pop in and say hello! Have a fabulous night.

Please God let this post.

Lisa
Closed Thread