South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 11:03 PM   #106  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone, I am going to post here as I am back to being on Phase 1 for two weeks. I have been backsliding and have gained weight back since Christmas so I am determined to get back on track and have my ticker go down again back to where I was and beyond.

Baistamon sounds like you are doing great, keep up the good work. I started Day 1 today and it went well, TOM is here next week so I thought this would be the best week to start and hopefully get a big swoosh on the scale to get me super motivated to keep on going.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:16 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 142/141/120

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all - I am new to 3FC and am on day 11 of Phase 1 (again).

I tend to have the same things when I am doing Phase 1 just because I am always in a hurry, and I can't do eggs in the morning - upsets my stomach, so I have cottage cheese - and all my vitamins and allergy meds - I know, I'm pathetic!

I was bad yesterday and had a small piece of cake and a chocolate at a wedding shower, so might have to extend Phase 1 for a little longer.

BTW - this site is amazing! So glad I found it!!!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 02:01 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 212/172.4/150

Height: 5'9"

good morning p1 chicks! i'm on day 8 now, and still feeling great. just had a 2 egg frittata with spinach and mushrooms and a sprinkling of lf shredded mex blend cheese. delicious! working on my coffee as well and trying to plan the rest of the day's food. greek yogurt for snack, lunch will be hummus and veggies. dinner? hmm...maybe eggplant parmesan, before the eggplant i bought last week turns. 2nd snack will be dry toasted almonds. There, i did it! thanks for thinking with me hahaha!
Old 04-28-2009, 08:45 AM   #109  

Height: 5' 7"

Baristamon you are doing great, keep it up.
Celticmom you are almost at the finish line, I see how your cravings are going at day 14 shouldn't be craving sweets.

Today is day 4 of Phase 1- doing good so far no SB flu this time around yet. But I have been making sure to get my dairy and beans in hehe.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:18 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone, I have been looking through the post and see lots of great recipies and menus for phase 1.
I am just starting today so I have lots of questions. I am switching from WW which I did forever and have just lost the desire to journal and have been having problems bingeing.
How manyof you tried to stick to the menus in the book? I made a grocery list from the menus and each day had such different meals that it would have cost me a fortune to get everything and a lot of it would have gone bad before I got back around to eating it. From your experiences, are you still as successful plannnig your own meals staying with in the allowed foods list?
I'm used to eating carbs for breakfast, oatmeal or kashi, it ussually sticks with me. Is it OK to have a few snacks in the morning if I'm hungry? The book only list one.
Since weight watchers is calorie counting and quantity, I was always looking to fill up on the least amount of food.
I'm sure I'll have more questions since you all seem to be experts.
Wish me luck!!!

Last edited by jennie934; 04-28-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:57 AM   #111  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Jennie 934, I never used the menus in the book - just made up my own for the food list and recipes here. In Phase I you should eat when you're hungry.

I used to do weight watchers too, and I was afraid to eat without counting and measuring, but it was a relief to stop doing that too. South Beach was really freeing for me, but I remember being afraid it wouldn't work for me or that I would gain. Actually, it was the best thing that ever happened to me, weight wise, so I know you'll do OK.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:13 AM   #112  

thanks murphmitch. its seemed if I wasn't stickly weighing and measuring I would gain on WW. I had no wiggle room and I would go over then get frustrated and not track at all the next day. I know I should have been able to work through the frustration but I couldn't.
I hope SB will give me that freeing feeling too. I got to get back on the downward trend.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:01 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 212/172.4/150

Height: 5'9"

well when i first started, i joined the sbd online website (free 1 month membership) and the site offered daily/weekly meal plans, plus a shopping list based on your meals for the week. I spent like $250!! and i found a lot of the meals to be really involved and time consuming. so after the first week, i went solo and just started building my own menus/shopping lists from the recipes online. the recipes on this site are really awesome too. all the ones i've tried have been really easy, and i have a lot more that i've printed out to go thru! once you get the hang of the portions down, it should be really easy to freestyle it.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:20 AM   #114  

well its day two!! I am really cranky. I think its the sugar withdrawl. last night, my son was working my last nerve. I had to take a step back a reaslise, it probably wasn't all him, some of the crankyness was coming from me. I made his dinner then went and worked out for 45 minutes. I felt much better after that and had my own dinner. I made the eggplant lasagna that was posted here.
I'm still feeling a little cranky today, and headachey but I hope that will pass in a day or two.
How often do you all weigh yourself? I am a scale addict. I weigh myself all the time. I'm trying to hold off and weigh after a few days but its so hard not to jump on it just to take a peek in the morning.
have a great day!!!
Old 04-29-2009, 06:24 PM   #115  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Jennie, I weighed myself once a week on the same day, same time. Still do. I don't have TOM anymore so I don't have the fluctuating water retention as so many do, so my weight loss was fairly steady.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:02 PM   #116  

S/C/G: SW: 207/CW: 202/GW: 177

I weigh just about every day too, before I hop in the shower. I think it's a good way to monitor progress and stay on task.

Update on me: I am in week three and decided to continue without carbs for this week. I seem to be holding at an 8 lb. loss which I'm happy with, but I'm ready for some more to go away . I was slacking on exercise, so I think that could certainly be a factor. For the last few days I'm finding that I actually kind of have to force myself to eat...not really hungry or craving food.

Hope everyone is having a good week!
Old 04-29-2009, 08:39 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 142/141/120

Good evening all! I have had next to no appetite for 2 days - I think work has just been too exhausting and I just want to go to bed

I weigh myself before getting in the shower too. I have noticed that if I wait a half hour or so, and don't have anything to eat, I weigh less than I do if I weigh immediately after waking or after eating! Freaky huh?

Old 04-29-2009, 10:23 PM   #118  
Yes I can!

S/C/G: 203/193/165

Height: 5'11''

Wink Thanks

I was reading all the posts on this thread and it is so interesting that I was feeling all the same things: anxiety about not measuring food since I come from WW too, the scale obsession, no appetite, and so on. None of my friends have any of these food struggles and feelings and even at WW it felt that nobody was really interested in anything about what I was going through, and here I feel like we are all in this journey together which helps to keeps us motivated and hopeful.

Thank you all so much

Adaminu
Old 04-30-2009, 06:00 PM   #119  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Tomorrow is a new month, This thread is getting pretty long so I will close it and start a new one for May. I'll include the link back to this one for reference purposes. There's lots of good info and support in here!
Closed Thread