South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-22-2009, 06:48 AM   #1  

Default I'm back (again)

I have introduced myself on here two times already and each time I wind up failing miserably. I stick to the plan for a day, maybe two and then I just have that one thing that triggers a downward spiral. I wind up going back to my bad eating habits and I am okay for that for a while. . .and then I start to get very sad about the way I look and decide I need to something about it.

I have finally made the decision to join a small group at a local clinic for women. It is a group a 4-6 women all of whom are struggling with weight loss. We have a certified counselor who will talk to us about our eating habits, why we eat the way we do and what can be done to change that cycle. We have our first meeting tonight I am going to explain to her that I plan on going on the SBD b/c it worked for me 4 years ago and it is a great eating style for me.

If I am still welcome back, I would like to join you guys (again). I will be officially starting my weight loss journey tomorrow.

Thanks for listening to me ramble and I am ready to start sharing some successes.
mythreesons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good luck!

I know I've tried diets over and over and over again in the past. I didn't have a lot to lose, but it always took SO.much.effort. I hated it. My husband would approach me about it, and I'd tell him that I was okay with my weight where it was at, that I'd have to starve myself to get lower, and I wasn't doing that.

I guess I was in the right mindset this time....and ran with it. I truly believe you have to be at a spot in your life, mentally and physically, to do this. I cringe when I see women with newborns that want to try it....I did, and the baby was the priority, not me...and I failed. Although, obviously...we're all different.

Do this for yourself. To me, SBD is a healthy way of life. Dr. A was a smart man to put his name on it...because basically, you're supposed to eat what you can find in nature without being processed....light on grains, heavy on veggies, light to moderate on meat. Nothing processed....nature didn't intend on our bodies having ready access to cheetos and snicker bars!!

Wow, I rambled this morning!

Best wishes....do it for yourself. You're worth it!!

And hang with us! We've all been there! We'll help you thru the rough spots!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:04 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome back - although you're really not been gone for long!

The clinic group sounds great but please continue to check in here for even more support. You may pick up hints and insight that will help the rest of us so share!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Of course you are welcome back, mythreesons! Bravo for you for not giving up and tossing in the towel! I think the combination of joining that group at the clinic and coming here will give you all the support and motivation you'll need to keep you going this time. Good luck, and we hope to hear from you often!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:39 AM   #5  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Good luck! Sounds like you have a plan for success. It does help to visit here often for support and information.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:30 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

back, MyThree! Your group sounds like a great idea! Hope it helps provide the support that you need.

One of the things I think is really essential to success on this journey is taking the time to sit down and figure out what caused us to fall off the wagon and what we can do to keep that problem from happening in the future. My nutritionist has me using a food journal that's meant for teens but is especially helpful even though I'm in my 30s! It's called the Weight Loss Confidential Journal and you can find it at Amazon here. I like it for many reasons, but the one that applies here is that it asks you to set goals each week and then write down the things that might keep you from achieving them. Then it asks you to write down what you're going to do to keep those things from affecting your path to your goals. It's pretty powerful.

I wish you much luck and am sending some your way! Third time's the charm, right?
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote