South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 11:18 AM   #16  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning chickies!

Laurie- Its nice to to be awaken in the night by animals, luckily mine don't bother me, but the cats on the other hand. I have one that I just this morning trapped in the master bath because she won't quit pouncing on us(only when she is hungry in the mornings, the rest of the time she always tiptoes around us not to step on our limbs- so I know she is doing it intentionally!!!)and smacking us in the face!
Watch my cat here!!!

Cottage- sounds like you have a lovely day planned! Enjoy!

Ruth- Its amazing how early we have to plan for these things isn't it! Good luck on getting the Music controller(haha) to agree- and gl on getting Jazz trained!

Twynn- Don't you just love the snow?! We get a couple dustings maybe 3 times a year so I love it!lol, I woke up to big flakes this morning and they are almost gone now... oh well! it is pretty while it lasts!

Me4- do it to it sister! I need to head back into the gym today myself! I have been doing the jillian micheals videos though, but they are only 20 minutes! Time to put some real time with the treadmill!

Oh, Phx- I was so sad about that game... but at least one of us is happy from it...

Chelby- Have fun tonight playing Bunco! I keep thinking I need to organize this kind of thing with my friends but never seem to get it accomplished- I will put that on my to do list!

Suzyq- Good job on the core work! Wishing you a laid back day

Gonna-GL on p 1.5!!!

Schmoodle- I would much rather watch high school or below games, for some reason just not into college or pro basketball... GL at the orthodontist with dd2~

Barb- sounds like your son is doing great!!! GL on the matress hunt---Hey, is there ever a day matresses aren't on sale?!?!

Heather- Enjoy your catch up day... I love that you are helping out with your community! If I finally get through some clothing today I will be dropping some stuff off there as well!!! Thanks for the motivation to do so!!!

Kim enjoy your day!

Me- Well, not too much going on right now other than coffee, but after that is done laundry must begin and so does the housework~! Groceries, and more!

One other thing I reallly want to accomplish is measuring the kitchen for a backsplash to see if I have enough of a tile to go ahead and do it! I am getting super pumped about a SUPER LOW BUDGET redo! lol... when we get back from vegas I think we will start painting the cabinets and get some new hardware... tile floor should be delivered in the next month and I would like to get a new stove and dishwasher and microwave if I can talk DH into it-right now they are all in working order so I don't know if he will go for all three at once!!! OH, and a new pendant light for above the sink-which I may go shop for today! hehe, okay, getting carried away and rambling on! Enjoy your day ladies!!!

Last edited by rdw1; 01-19-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:46 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 191/169/140

Height: 5'4

Morning!

Hope everyone with the day off is enjoying it! Glad the dogs are well and getting walked! Seems like everyone had a NICE snowy weekend. Have fun transporting kids to all their activities. And hope ya'll can get a workout in! That seems like what most everyone had going on!

Me: No school for DS1 today so even more work for me! My mom is coming in town today. I need to finish my table for church.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:58 AM   #18  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning girls! I finally have a bit of time -- I'm going to try and get personals done...if I don't get to you, please don't be offended...I love you all.

Lori - good luck on the CA diet. Girl, at least you got the laundry done and the dogs walked..that is more than I do some weekends!

Cottage - have a great day! What book are you picking up? I need to make a trip to the library, I'm about done with the books that I got for Christmas.

Ruth - What on earth are Yak-Traks? Have a good time at the meeting...I'll be waiting for details. The drama cracks me up!

Twynn - I feel much better knowing I'm not the only one who bribes their kids to be good when I'm getting a haircut! DS knows that when we go to the salon, we go to the bakery after to pick out a cookie!

Me4 - good to hear that the P2 transition has been going well! Good luck!!

phxsunflower - do kids ever believe in sleeping in? Have a great day!

Chelby - I do not envy you or DS in the least...I hope they don't hurt too much, for his sake -- and yours!

Sstambler - Enjoy your day!

Gonna -

Schmoo - why the long break for the kids? I remember going through all of that orthodontic work...I hated it at the time, but couldn't be happier that I did!

Barb - enjoy your day!

Kim - if your DH is at home folding laundry, send him my way or teach me how you got him to do it!

Rikki - I love remodeling rooms...especially kitchens. I get way too carried away though and end up spending too much!! Enjoy it!

--

Whew! I guess I should probably tackle personals earlier in the morning!!

Alright, I'm getting serious about getting a plan together and sticking to it. Not necessarily for weight loss right now, but to ensure that my calorie intake stays high enough to keep my milk supply up.

Want to critique my menu for today?

B: 2 eggs, 1/2 cup spinach, 1/4 cup peppers and onions, small sprinkle of rf cheddar. 1 slice of ww toast. 1/2 cup whole milk plain yogurt. coffee (black) and 12 oz. water.
S: Cheesestick and turkey pepperoni slices. 12 oz water
L: 1 cup black beans with a few tablespoons of sf salsa, sprinkle of rf cheddar. 12 oz. water
S: apple and 1 T. cashew butter. 12 oz. water.
D: Moroccan chicken (chick peas, chicken breasts, peppers, onions, tomatoes, etc.), ww cous cous. 12 oz. water and 8 oz. 2% milk
S: 1 cup whole milk plain yogurt, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup raspberries

Last edited by zeffryn; 01-19-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:04 PM   #19  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

HMac -- Great idea, GUM! I'll get some before bunko.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:23 PM   #20  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

http://cozywinters.com/shop/yk-walk.html
These ar YakTraz. Absolutely necessary on ice!
Old 01-19-2009, 12:49 PM   #21  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hello Ladies, just a quickie, we are having well problems and have been without water for three days and it is still not fixed so I am going a bit crazy. But I wanted to pop in and say that I am still alive. Hopfully my life will get back to normal soon.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:12 PM   #22  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Ruth- those look cool! I wish we only had enough snow for me to need them!!!

Zeff- glad you got a little time to post this morning! your menu looks good to me but I am no nursing mother, so I have no clue what you really need! But it looks very healthy!

Ellie- gl finishing your table!

lilchick- hope you get your wter back soon! that stinks!

I haven't yet begun on my chores today but am having lunch now, skipped breakfast since I woke up so late and wasn't really hungry... having the other half of my lentil soup with garbanzo dumplings and some tender rounds put in. its very good! but I want to make my own lentil soup this week!
Old 01-19-2009, 01:36 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Zeff - I would guess you need more water!! Can't drink enough while you're nursing!
Old 01-19-2009, 01:42 PM   #24  
beachin'

twynn - I just listed the water that I have with meals, I carry a 24 oz. bottle with me all day and am sipping from it constantly. I've been averaging at least a gallon per day.

Hello, potty. You are my best friend!
Old 01-19-2009, 05:40 PM   #25  

In case anyone wants to know, Auston did NOT want shots! He screamed, hollered, cried and kicked! More mad than hurt. Luckily, he won't have another shot till he's 12. If I have to hold him down then, I'm just going to punch him in the nose. For heaven's sake!

Zeff, since I've been doing SBD, I feel like the potty is my best friend, too. We have a conference every night about 2 a.m. Don't like it!

Guess what, it's snowing here!
Old 01-19-2009, 06:38 PM   #26  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi all! Hope you are all warm this morning. We're prepping for a few days (including today) indoors -- with the inauguration tomorrow everything is packed here in DC!!!!

I logged my food into SparkPeople today for the first time since December 15th (when I started SB) and I only ate 700 calories today, WITH dinner!!! I am sooo full and I ate a lot too! I think it calls for a peanut butter cup for dessert

I want snow here girls, send some our way!!
Old 01-19-2009, 06:41 PM   #27  

Hi Jenn, I'm glad you are back.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:11 PM   #28  

I think I'm going to love my new mattress although I'll tell you more tomorrow after I've slept on it. It's a LOT thicker. Hope I don't fall off getting out of bed. Those new mattresses are heavy. I think I need to get deeper fitted sheets now.

Brian got his First Class rank tonight. I was so proud. I asked if he wanted to call his Dad and tell him but he said he'd tell him next time he saw him. Not sure when that will be.

He's got a dental cleaning tomorrow so I'll be working from home and have to get him out of school 15 minutes early.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:32 PM   #29  
beachin'

Barb - hope you love your new mattress. I've really been considering getting a new one. The one we have now isn't terrible, just not as supportive as I would like.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:57 PM   #30  

My old one actually had a hole in it and I think it was more than 10 years old. And I think it will make me feel better to get rid of the mattress that I shared with Robert. Don actually gave me his new mattress that turned out to be too soft for his back and I bought him a new one that was firmer. It just made for a lot of moving around of mattresses today. I need to find out if Brian and I can lift my old one. It needs to go out to the street for bulk trash pickup the end of this week. If we can't, Don said he'd come back and help me move it. I'm really enjoying our friendship. He's going to help me remodel much of the house starting with my bathroom. I've had a list of things to have done since Robert and I bought the house and now they will get done (Don owns a remodeling/construction company).
Closed Thread