South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 10:22 AM   #16  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning, girls. I'm sorry I haven't been doing personals lately - it's been crazy...I'll get back to them soon, I promise! I love you all!

Last night we took DS1 to a chucky cheese type place for dinner and some games. He really enjoyed the time. I had my first experience feeding Connor in public and was actually really relaxed. I had my little cover and found a rather out of the way place. It worked well.

I'm feeling kind of lazy and think I'll get some cleaning done today. My mom has done a lot but there are just a few things that I want to do. I would like to get the floors cleaned and things dusted.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:00 AM   #17  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, Friends,

We are seeing the sun in Alabama for the first time in about a week! WooHoo!!! In the past two days, we've gotten close to 10 inches of rain. It has been crazy! We are less than a month from February 2 -- Groundhog Day, which means, spring should be showing up about 6 weeks after that! I'm ready for spring.

I said this on another thread, but I'm too excited... As of this morning, I've lost 10 pounds! WooHoo!!! My official weigh-in is Saturday.

I hope you all have a great day. Stay warm and safe.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:12 AM   #18  

I'm back from getting blood drawn and have had a snack so I should be good until lunch.

I did get a call rescheduling the merit badge session until next Tuesday. That may affect whether he can work on the camping merit badge at the next campout since they wanted to wait until he had been awarded First Aid.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:26 AM   #19  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Happy Wednesday!!
Loriann - I had/have endo too. The only way I was told you can be sure is to have lapro. I have had it twice. (Once because I was trying to get pregnant, second time because of the pain and sympoms). I hope you get an answer... I remember those pains!! Not fun at all. Strangely, since I started working out they went away!! Lots of aches and pains went away now that I think of it!
CindyM - I am going to look into that C25K. I just started running. I need a lot of help, maybe a more scheduled routine will help.
Zeff - nice to see you popping in! Hope you are adjusting to #2.
Heather - I watched Biggest Loser last night too. And after seeing how large these contestants were, I was shocked that they sent so many home this early!! They really needed to be there longer, just to get some education in health and fitness from their trainers. I get the message it is sending, but a lot of these people are in dangerous situations.

Me - Well, I went to the foot doctor yesterday again. Still working on my foot pain. Getting inserts made for my shoes. We have been testing out temp ones. I mentioned an ingrown toenail... something I should have taken care of 10 years ago! I had one on the other foot done in junior high and I remember it being HORRIBLE. The shots were too much to handle. She said she had a numbing spray for the shots, it would be better. She said let's do it right now, before you can think about it. I agreed. It wasn't as bad as I remember (not fun either). I am sore today, but I still got up and did 45 minutes on the ellipitical!! The foot doctor works out at the same gym, she only smiled when she saw me!
Being back OP feels so good!!
Old 01-07-2009, 11:38 AM   #20  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I just found out our office is closing at 12:30. That means half a free day off (good thing because I haven't gotten much done this morning!). This has only happened once in the 10+ years I've worked there!

Kim, Jen & me - There is a podcast available with the intervals all laid out. The music is techno but works pretty well as a motivator and it's nice having the timing all done for me. I have a history of knee issues but I'm hoping that less weight and just running on the treadmill will be okay. I can bike in the summer but I haven't found a good high energy winter workout.

Kim - I can't predict the scale but your exercise minutes are really racking up!

Zeff - sounds like a nice evening out for everyone I think people are generally more comfortable with breast feeding these days. I see people doing it everywhere and almost no one blinks.

Chelby -

OKay, off to pretend to work again
Old 01-07-2009, 11:53 AM   #21  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good Afternoon chicks..... I am a little late getting on today but it has been one of those days....

Loriann7- Hope you are having a good day. Thanks for getting us started up. Good luck with your ultrasound. Sorry to hear about your blisters

Cottage- you sound like you had a productive day

Ruth- I wished I liked homemade beans. Enjoy

Zeff- Glad you found your nursing blanket. Enjoy your day

Dang I need to run... my babies lately don't want to sleep past 30 minutes it really does not give me time to get anything done. I hope this is just a small phase. I really like my hour of quiet time. I will be back later.

A big hello to everyone else I just don't have time to finish personals.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:52 PM   #22  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

CindyM - yeah on the 1/2 day!!
Now that you have started to C25K program, doesn't all that slowing/increasing speed on the treadmill get annoying?? Especially the 60-90second ones? I was up to a stretch of being able to comfortably run 20 minutes until my foot started to hurt! I haven't done much running in over a month and I lost that endurance. I tried on Monday and had to push myself into 10 minutes.
Sounds like a great plan though! I printed it out for reference.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:01 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ugh - horrible day at the office. Remember the client that I had over for Christmas? She has a WONDERFUL 9 year old boxer that's been vomiting, and we decided to do an exploratory surgery today (we decided this morning after xrays). Sadly, we euthanized her on the table for extensive intestinal cancer.

It was so sad. My client/friend came in to say good-bye, just wailing. Most days I can block it out, I just couldn't do it today. It was horrible.

Ugh...maybe I need to get a blog so you don't have to hear this stuff!
Old 01-07-2009, 02:04 PM   #24  

Height: 5' 7"

I am going to look into the c25k thanks Cyndi- I started doing the interval walking that supercharged book has right now- but that might be the next logical conclusion after the walking.

I watched Biggest Loser Last night and it was hard to watch, but made me feel better about my efforts regardless how small.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:05 PM   #25  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwynnB View Post
Ugh - horrible day at the office. Remember the client that I had over for Christmas? She has a WONDERFUL 9 year old boxer that's been vomiting, and we decided to do an exploratory surgery today (we decided this morning after xrays). Sadly, we euthanized her on the table for extensive intestinal cancer.

It was so sad. My client/friend came in to say good-bye, just wailing. Most days I can block it out, I just couldn't do it today. It was horrible.

Ugh...maybe I need to get a blog so you don't have to hear this stuff!
aww my mom has three boxers and there her babies infact my puppy is from hers. i'm so sorry
Old 01-07-2009, 03:14 PM   #26  
Doing Prevention Videos!

S/C/G: 188/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Can I join in? I just started SB Phase one for the second time.

The first time was last year and I lost the weight and got PG So now that my 2nd is 10 months I feel it's time to do it again...and not get PG 1/2 way through

I started on Sunday and the 2nd time around is much easier.

Have a great day!
Old 01-07-2009, 06:00 PM   #27  
RNMOM

Sounds like everyone is doing well and adjusting to being in a New Year. I'm still trying to write the checks right.

Doing OK on phase 1 so far, but each moment is a test isn't it?

I watced Biggest Loser last night...pretty good.

Well, I'm at work and we just got a chest pain.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:28 PM   #28  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Jen - I agree completely with you about a lot of what you posted. I was very surprised that they sent all of the people home. I'm really hoping that they were each set up with "team" at home.....so it would just be a matter of actually doing the work. Also agree that it feels good to be back on plan.

Twynn - I am so sorry!!! That must be terrible. I hope you can find a way to let go of some of it for tongiht. Good luck with that!

mom2 - Welcome to the daily chat. Nice of you to say hi. We chat everyday, so I hope you can find time to get to know us around here!!!
Old 01-07-2009, 07:15 PM   #29  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Just finished a lovely dinner of roasted chicken breasts stuffed with canadian bacon and swiss, field peas and brussel sprouts. My 5 year old looked at it and said, "I want a hamburger!" Bless his heart! I'm trying not to make him diet with us -- he had a Happy Meal for lunch today. But, I'm feeling a bit guilty. Of couse, I didn't make him eat the brussel sprouts. His daddy refused them, too.

Welcome, Anastasia!
Old 01-07-2009, 07:20 PM   #30  
Doing Prevention Videos!

S/C/G: 188/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

We are having Chicken Capri tonight and the Taco Bake tomorrow. After all the salads this is like a real meal!
Closed Thread