South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 06:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Last Day of 2008 Chick Chat!

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE!

I'm going in to work for a while, but it shouldn't be a long day. We don't have any special plans for tonight, but Dustin & Andrea may come over for a while with the grandkids. We'll probably have some finger foods and will watch the ball drop on TV at midnight if we can stay awake that long.

How do you plan to bring in the New Year?
Old 12-31-2008, 06:49 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage and chicks yet to awaken

We have actually gone to sleep before midnight the last two years but this year we are going out. The little Scottish pub my friend found and loves (she is Scottish and the owner of the pub is too) is having a closed party and we have tickets. Should be a fun and mellow evening. The owner's wife was asking what we could eat because she's making hors doerves and I finally had to tell her that as long as there's a veggie tray I'm fine and not to worry. I really wish people would not fuss about having something we can eat but Marla always tries to take care of us. It's sweet but..... Anyway it will be fun because we really like hanging out with BF and her DH.

In the meantime I'm going to face the snow and get to work this morning. I start PT so really want to make it into town. I'm counting on the new tires to do the job and I'll just avoid the out of towners in their 4 wheel drive vehicles driving way too fast to get to the mountains.

Hope everyone has a good and safe day. I'll stop in later before we go out
Old 12-31-2008, 07:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Cottage - Good morning! Enjoy the grandkids and the eve!

Cyndi - the scottish pub sounds great!

me - didn't even try to find a babysitter for tonight. THey have a great celebration in our town called "first night" (they even have a 5K!), but it's supposed to be around 20 degrees...doesn't sound like fun to me! But, the ice sculptures are normally spectacular. I dunno, we'll see.

I do have a short day at work, so I might go shopping before I pick up the kiddos . I still haven't bought many new clothes that fit!

Have a wonderful and safe new year!
Old 12-31-2008, 08:10 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, dear Beachies, and I hope the last day of the year is a great one.

I faced the scale this morning although I swore not to and am up just one pound after a week of debauchery - food debauchery, that is! Now to get back into ONEderland and stop kidding myself. I guess I'd better start a January weightloss thread, eh?

My darling furries were so happy to see me although they had a great time with their "sitters". They also seemed very content last night when we cuddled on the couch and watched the fire in the woodstove. There was a bit of complaining this morning at potty time because it is bitter cold and windy out there.

It'll be a quiet NY's Eve for us tonight as I've decided to stay home instead of partying. My trip took a lot out of me, I guess, because I just want to stay home and be quiet. Maybe 2008 took most of it out of me.

Time to check out the thread I've missed and drool over "our" new baby!

Happy Seven Swans a'Swimmin' and tell them to hold off on the honking until midnight.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:28 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy New Years Eve.

Cottage- sounds like you have relaxing plans enjoy.

Cyndi- a pub sounds like fun- it is good to have friends who think about you though.

TwynB- they have the 1st night here as well, but it is always outdoors- I think we might go with friends to a mega church in St. Louis they are having comedians and such and it is indoors.

Ruth- you and me gained the same 1lb after a week of debauchery of food. now to get back on track.

The weird thing is timing- the library called yesterday and the book I reserverd South Beach Turbo charged finally came in- so I went and picked it up- that was a good omen to me to get back on track.

Have a great night and please be safe
Old 12-31-2008, 08:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

No New Years plans here either. Just a quiet night at home out of the frigid winds we are getting.

I was hoping to end the year with a calm day of work but I have a last minute closing that looks to be an all day battle. Dealing with a local title company that loves to make things 10 times more difficult than need be. Perhaps if I expect the worst it will go through without a hitch.

Hope you all have a safe and happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2008, 09:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks,
I'm working today too, but after a flurry of activity and phone calls this morning I expect it to be quiet and hopefully I can get some things done.

Tonight we are getting together with some friends, but we haven't decided our house or theirs. In either case I insisted on doing the cooking, as she is supposed to be taking it easy. We're having filet mignon and lobster tails, Pierre Frenet's French potatoes, and a veggie of course. Lots of fudge, Christmas cookies, Lindt chocolates, and pumpkin log left for dessert. Whatever we don't eat she is keeping for her kids and my first mission in the morning is to clean out my cabinets and make my house a safe zone again. The kids always make it to midnight no problem, but I am usually wishing for bed around 11PM. I make it to midnight though, check to see if they are going to wheel out Dick Clark again this year, chug my champagne and head for bed.

On December 31 I always wonder what my life will be like a year from now. DH starts a new job in January, hopefully that will go well, but at least it will mean he won't be traveling. I may decide to change jobs. My contract is due for renewal at the beginning of Feb., so there's always the chance I may lose my job. We hope to take the family to France to visit DH's family next summer. Maybe my DD will get an apartment and move out of the house! Or decide to get herself back in school. I hope my friend will have her tests done in January and find that she does NOT have cancer. Who knows what surprises will pop up along the way? I hope for all of us that they will be happy ones.

Steph, I hope that your closing goes more smoothly than you fear!
Ruth and Pearl, 1 lb is not so bad. You'll have it off in no time. I'm sure mine is going to be more.
Cyndi, have fun at the pub. That sounds like a great way to bring in the new year.
Twynn, we used to do First Night Annapolis, that was always lots of fun, although more so when the weather was mild - lots of walking.
Enjoy your quiet evening with the family cottage.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 175/156.6/128

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Ladies!

Sorry that I've been MIA for the last few days. I was very busy with the kids and my GM and then I had a gallbladder attack. No pain now, but it was a little scary at the time- I thought I was having a heart attack. Anyway, I'm going to see the surgeon this am to see when they can take it out. In the meantime, I need to get really serious about my eating. I was looking back at my weight and I have been playing with the same 3 lbs for about 6 weeks.

Pacer- Enjoy your night at home.

Pearlrose- I enjoyed reading SBD Supercharged. Is Turbo different?

Ruth- Glad you're home safely! Enjoy snuggling with the puppies. I know they missed you even if they had a good time while you were gone.

Twynn- Be sure to dress warmly if you go out. I can't imagine weather that cold!

Cyndi- The pub sounds great! Are you able to drink a pint without it affecting your weightloss or will you have something else to drink?

Cottage- Enjoy your family!

Zeffryn- Congratulations!!! Your comment about Connor still looking like a sharpei was hilarious! Babies are beautiful in that stage too though.

Schmoodle- Sounds like a great dinner! I started cleaning out my pantry yesterday. DH stood by and commented on everything I threw away. Oh well! Every time he said "but..." I reminded him that this is a new WOE, not just a diet, so we won't be needing those things anymore. Fortunately I will be able to donate some of the things to the local food pantry, so it wasn't all wasted.

Last edited by murphydoodle2; 12-31-2008 at 09:44 AM. Reason: response to schmoodle
Old 12-31-2008, 09:44 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning

Since we are going to a totally French Canadian new year's party I have made a tourtiere and a buche de noel and even decorated it with merigue mushrooms, I just want to wish everyone
BONNE ANNEE.
Sophie
Old 12-31-2008, 09:47 AM   #10  
Mandalynn

S/C/G: 190/176/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi all,
I am back on 3FC after trying to go it on my own again (dumb I know). Congratulations to all of you who have met your goals and to all of you still working toward them.
I look forward to spending a happy and healthy 2009 with all of you!
Old 12-31-2008, 09:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Adios, 2008! Ola, 2009!!

Cottage: Enjoy your quick day at work and your time tonight with family!

Cyndi: Your evening out sounds like a lot of fun! Plus, a closed party typically means you won't have to deal with the annoying general drunk population! I hope the veggie tray is delish.

Twynn: How wonderful that you don't have many clothes that fit your new, smaller size! I can't wait until I have to shop until I drop for healthy-weight clothes! Enjoy your day!

Ruth: Hey, 1 lb. gain isn't that bad! I'm anxious to see my official 2009 starting weight on Friday. I'm glad you and the doggage had such a happy reunion...I hope the three of you have a happy, quiet New Year's Eve.

Pearl: What great timing on the book! I think a lot of us will be in "getting back on track" mode this January. Enjoy your day!

Stephanie: I hope that today's closing goes well. Once the day's over, you'll have a nice evening at home ahead of you!

Schmoodle: I'm sitting here wondering the same thing. I'm glad your DH is changing jobs and will be home more. I'm sure that will be a blessing for both of you. Enjoy your gourmet meal tonight and enjoy the company of
friends!

Murphy: Oh! Your gallbladder attack must have been really scary. I hope that they can perform the surgery quickly so that you don't have another one. I hope you have a relaxing day ahead of you.

Me: Like Schmoodle, I'm pondering what Dec. 31, 2009 will hold. I'm sincerely praying that there will be a new baby in the house by then. If not, DH and I will start considering fertility treatments and adoption. There's also a possibility that DH will be joining the Army Reserves in the next 6 months, and it will be a hard 7 months apart with deployment possible at any time after that. (Which would be a detriment to the baby-making.) Either way, I know God's in control and I'll take what He gives us happily.

Tonight is low-key for us. We were invited to a "gamer" party. It would be our first time hanging out with these people and we're both in our crabby-stay-at-home mode, so we declined. We're going to fire up both the grill and the fire ring and have steaks, sweet potatoes and salad for dinner. I'll have some champagne and DH got a new bottle of scotch for Christmas, so he'll be having that. I don't know how cold it's going to be tonight and I really don't want to know. Ignorance may be bliss in this situation!

Well, my big task for the day is grocery shopping, so I need to figure out the menu for the next two weeks! Hope everyone has a great day!

~Kim

ETA: Sophie: Enjoy your party tonight! I LOVE theme parties!

Mandalynn: Welcome back to 3FC! I look forward to getting to know you better!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 12-31-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:01 AM   #12  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

happy new years all

kinda tired today and still doing the christmas thing. i am going to see my grand baby and on saturday we have our family christmas party. for now i'm gonna focus on the baby and forget the rest.

doesn't look like i'll be doing anything for new years

Last edited by me4life; 12-31-2008 at 10:05 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:22 AM   #13  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Hey there!!! Kim - DH and I do our own gamers night. We play a board game. I want to run out today and pick up a new one, not in the mood for Monolopy again! DH kicks my butt everytime!! It will be low key for us, kids will go to bed at usual time, DH and I will play our game, drink a little wine and watch the ball drop on TV. I wouldn't change it for anything!!
Schmoodle - I keep meaning to ask you... what is a summer kitchen??

I need to work on my resolutions. I have been thinking about them for days now... need to get them down in black and white!

I posted this last night and maybe it was too late for someone to see. Can someone lend some help here?
Coffee question. I know I saw someone say to use evap. milk in your coffee in place of creamer. I bought low-fat... 2% I beleive. Why is this better? Yes, it has less calories and less fat, but has more sugar. Is this still better than regualr cream!?? PLEASE SAY YES! Only because I tried it this morning, and I had the BEST cup of coffee... EVER! Yup, ever! If I could have hooked up an IV, I would have.

Kids and I have a day of fun planned. Trying to talk them into going to the movies to see Bedtime Stories. They just want to play Wii!! We can do both, it is a long day!

Off for a cup of coffee!!

Last edited by Jenskihere; 12-31-2008 at 10:24 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:26 AM   #14  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning chickies!

I weighed in today at -9 pounds for 1.5 technical weeks on Ph1 (I had 2 days in there for xmas that I made a few bad choices!).

Today is all Ph1 eating except for the glass or two of champagne tonight. Then, back on Ph1 tomorrow morning! 3 more days of it and then I will be trying out Ph 2. Egads!

Me4life: Have a good day with the grandbaby!

Kim: That sounds like a fabulous plan. We're going to be hanging out with our 2 friends but can we come over instead?

ArmyChick: Welcome back! Not dumb at all!!!

Sophie: BONNE ANNEE as well!

Murphy: I know you can do it!

Schmoodle: I hear you on wanting to change jobs, big time. Happy New Year!

Pacer: A quiet night is just what fits our bill too!

Pearl: Have fun reading the book! I beleive in omens too

Ruth: Welcome Back! Cuddling with the furbabies with a fire for TONIGHT would be delightful! I wish we had a fireplace...

Twynn: I get out early too. Go shopping and let us know what you get!

Cyndi: We need new tires too. What type did you buy? Happy NYE!

Cottage: Happy New Year!!!
Old 12-31-2008, 10:28 AM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Oh Jenski: We do board game nights too! I even got LIFE for Christmas! No idea on the coffee though sorry. I just use fat free lactose free milk (I know it sounds YUMMY!)
Closed Thread