South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 01:37 PM   #16  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi all!

Boy did I get violently ill last night. RIGHT IN THE SICK! Though I should be glad I made it there I suppose. I just hope it's not a bug!

Still on Ph1. Enjoying a salad right now.

Sorry not time for individuals today. Hope all are well!
Old 12-30-2008, 01:43 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Congrats Zeff, glad to hear all is well with Baby Connor and Mommy too! Take it easy and give that baby lots of hugs from his Aunties at 3FC!
Old 12-30-2008, 05:48 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

CONGRATULATIONS, Zeff! I'm happy that everything went well for you and baby Connor!
Old 12-30-2008, 05:49 PM   #19  

Congratulations Zeff and hugs and kisses to Connor. I got to spend Christmas Weekend with some of the grandkids and DH and I had a wonderful time. Baby Breanna is 6 months now and Frannie will be 2 in January. Way too much fun.

Well I've been MIA long enough and my eating has been really all over the map during December. I was determined to work Phase 1 this week but it hasn't happened. I know what I'm doing wrong, I haven't given myself time to set down and plan my menus. Trying to do it on the fly is certainly not working ... duh.

2009 is going to be a busy one for me. I'm scheduled to have my granddaughter (10 years old) arrive in a little over a week and stay with me this semester while her Mom and Dad (military) relocate to El Paso. Staying with me will prevent her changing schools 3 times during 1 semester. Mom should join us mid February and complete her portion of the relocation in April, then Nina will catch up with the family in May (school ends early in Tucson thx to no snow days and the summer heat).

Feb 9th I go in and have one of my knees replaced with the second knee scheduled for May 11th if the first heals well. They are pulling in release dates at work so I hoping I’ll be lucky enough to get back to work from my second surgery before they release me. At least my insurance will still be in place to cover the operations, I’ve put off having this done since 2001 and decided I better get my butt in gear so I’m physically able to compete in the job market.

As soon as they let me know my knew release date I’m enrolling in a course for some additional training that will cover the rest of 2009. Part of the severance package will help pay for most of the retraining costs but I have to wait until I’m released before I can start the classes. I've visited with the school and as soon as I have a release date confirmed will enroll in the next class with openings. I’ve known since 2007 that I was loosing my job this year and it is going to take until 2010 before I can start looking for work again, boy this has been a long haul. At least I’m in a planning stage now rather then the holding pattern of the last 14 months. Waiting is so stressful, at least know we can feel like we can start working on our future again. Of course it is just my luck that the economy had to take a dump just as I’m scheduled to loose my job, oh joy oh joy but with a little luck it will start turning back around by the time I complete the classes I'm taking.

It's nice to see everyone doing so much better then I am on their diet and hopefully by this weekend I will be feeling better about my own progress.

Last edited by EofAZ; 12-30-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:33 PM   #20  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations to Zeff and Hubby. Enjoy your little one, you must realize by now how quickly they grow up.
Hope Ruth makes it safely home. Its been a very windy few days here with lots of people still without electricity.
Me - My scale has gone crazy. Sometimes I'm down by 15lbs and next thing I know I'm 23lbs up. Can anyone ask for more. I will break down and buy a new one soon.
Busy getting ready for tomorrow night.
Sophie
Old 12-30-2008, 06:54 PM   #21  

Congratulations to Zeff. Happy Birthday Connor.

I'm being lazy today. I see a lot of you are doing Phase 1. Any plans for New Years Eve? We stay home and I usually fall asleep before the new year rolls in.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:11 PM   #22  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Congrats Zeff!!! New baby... AWWW!!! Glad to hear you and Connor are doing great. Take it easy, even if you are feeling better! You won't know you have done too much until it is too late!

Had a great afternoon visiting with two old co-workers and their kids. Nice to catch up, see how big the kids have gotten, listen to old gossip!!

DH is going to be home a lot the next few days... AND I LOVE IT! He'll be gone a few hours in the AM, then home for almost 4 days. We need it! This holiday season had him working too much.

DH is busy playing Wii with the kids. I am going to sneak to the couch in the living room and enjoy the book I started. I am at a point where I can't put it down!

Coffee question. I know I saw someone say to use evap. milk in your coffee in place of creamer. I bought low-fat... 2% I beleive. Why is this better? Yes, it has less calories and less fat, but has more sugar. Is this still better than regualr cream!?? PLEASE SAY YES! Only because I tried it this morning, and I had the BEST cup of coffee... EVER! Yup, ever! If I could have hooked up an IV, I would have. I am going to enjoy a second cup right now with my book. Something this good can't be allowed. It's OK, tell me the truth.

No big New Year's plans here. We usually put the kids to bed, we break out the wine and play a game of Monolopy. DH's assistant bought him margarita mix this year with tequilla.... I won't touch the mix, but maybe a little tequilla!
I know... we are nerds!!

Last edited by Jenskihere; 12-30-2008 at 07:17 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:38 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Hey everyone!

Our computer has had a virus, just got it back from the computer dude. And, just received a popup we have another one?!?! So, this will be quick...

Zeff - YEAHH!!!! I'm the one that said the second one is (physically) easier....I agree, no labor before hand!! But, I must admit, at 2 am with the second one, I kept thinking "what the heck did we do this again for?!?!?!"...but she was definately worth it!

I'm trying to be better about being on plan too. I was fairly bad last week because of my stomach bug....easily digestible food was MUCH more appealing then more fiber! But, I didn't gain (or lose) weight, so I'm happy!!

Hope everyone is well!
Old 12-30-2008, 08:45 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Default New to thread

Hi Everyone!

I am new to this thread and fairly new to this website. I am looking to connect with other women who are on the life change journey. I need to lose about 100 pounds and need all the encouragment I can get.

My name is Kathy and I'm from centeral PA. I'm married with 3 kids and work full time as an Office Manager for a landscape business.

I just started back on WW this past Monday and have done well these 2 days. I know have to get the daily glasses of water in and exercising.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:47 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Hey, Kathy, I live in State College, PA!! Welcome!!
Old 12-30-2008, 08:50 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi TwynnB!

I am only 1 hour east of you in Milton. If you not sure where that is it is across the river from Lewisburg. It's nice to meet someone close to home. I will try to post my picture sometime soon as well.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:50 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 147.5/142.5/122.5

Height: 5'2"

Default Hello

hi everyone. Hope you all are doing well. I haven't been online today and am about to go to bed, but wanted to stop and say hi and that I've made it through Day 2. A little lightheaded, but no cravings yet.

Marissa
Closed Thread