South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 01:09 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, everyone! I hope it's ok that I jump in here -- I'm new to SBD and to 3FC. I'm on Phase 1 (today is the start of week 2) and things are going well. It's an adjustment because I'm doing so much more food prep and planning but I feel really great. I am looking forward to Phase 2, though.

I'm working tonight. I'm an RN and I work 3 night shifts a week (7p-7a). So my project today is to make food to take to work tonight (there's an officer's dining room where our food is free but none of it is SBD friendly) and try to take a nap before going in. It's COLD here!!

Take care and have a great Monday all!
Old 11-17-2008, 01:21 PM   #17  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Top of the afternoon - hope the day is finding everyone well.

Dh and I got our master done master.jpg

I also got back to working out on yesturday - it's modified due to the foot but I am getting in movement and the heart rate is climbing.

Found my self sitting in the freezing cold giving away the Jags game to rdw1's Titans freezin.jpg but it was time with dh and thats all that matters

see ya later
Old 11-17-2008, 03:13 PM   #18  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Sorry gonnabe! Your Jags had me nervous for the 2nd quarter though!!! Glad you got to spend some quality time with dh! So, I did it-I joined ww! I am definitely keeping my sbd rules but going to count as I go as well... I feel I am slacking so much that I need some extra motivation and support if I am gong to even maintain during the holidays!!! So, a friend from work joined with me and we are going to go Mondays.
On a more horrible note- I threw out my back this morning basically doing nothing but bending over to change the trash bag!!! UGH. I am fine standing and walking which is good, but bending at all or getting in and out of the car is just miserable!!! anyone have any good remedies for this?!!!
Old 11-17-2008, 03:57 PM   #19  
Visualizing the Goal

Hi everybody! I'm heading to bed but I wanted to check in. It's been a good day, but tiring. Tom gets home Wednesday. Only one more workout (I take Wednesdays off) and two more lonely nights.

Eating was great today. I stayed on plan all weekend, too, which is great because usually weekends are my weak points. I think I'm going to do an actual menu for Saturdays and Sundays to avoid the snacking all day routine. It worked really well this weekend, so hoping the trend continues. My scale has been up and down the same two pounds for about a week and a half, but I'm ovulating and I always "gain" then. My pants are fitting better and I'm going to go with that measure for now.

*yawn*

Have a lovely Monday!

Kara
Old 11-17-2008, 04:07 PM   #20  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

** SOB ** The guys got tied up in meetings and won't be stopping in. Come on over everyone for some SF blueberry pie and SF ice cream. Drat! I've had my "tooth set" for it all afternoon but am going to be a good Beacher and freeze it.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:09 PM   #21  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Ruth, I know a little girl in Louisiana who would be more than happy to take all that extra pie off your hands.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:17 PM   #22  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I ate a piece and I'm glad! It's made with Splenda so shouldn't be too bad. I skipped the SF ice cream.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:35 PM   #23  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Ruth - I'm stuck at work for a meeting. Too bad you can't PM me a piece

everyone. that's me being a bum because I will never catch up on personals tonight (also I'm at work and really shouldn't be doing this at all!).

Heather - thinking of you all out there.

So I have a confession. I've gained about 5 lbs because I have been off plan and not getting enough exercise. Once I went below 140 I just lost my motivation and started being less careful - mostly too many grains and often just too darned much food overall. The scale was a real bucket of ice water this morning though and I'm back on track today. I guess some part of my brain (probably the part that almost made it to 230) thought I could just slack off and get away with it I will change my ticker now and refocus. I've also started a blog, I figure it's a good place to keep track of what I'm doing. I think I need to find something to replace that ongoing excitement of losing weight and smaller sizes.

It's very cold here and there were little bits of white stuff in the air when I went for a walk this morning.
Hope everyone is warm and toasty

eta: need to change that picture. that butterfly is long gone!

Last edited by CyndiM; 11-17-2008 at 05:35 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:16 PM   #24  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Ruth - so sorry that your friends didn't come by. I say divide the pie up and freeze individual pieces so when you have a hankering, you can heat a piece up.

Cyndi - Saw your request to keep each other accountable.....and I'm in! Let me know how I can help, and I'll let you know the same when I figure it out. Maybe we can journal daily food to each other and make sure we're being honest about everything we're putting in our mouths??? Just a thought.
Have a good one!
Old 11-17-2008, 06:44 PM   #25  
sophie

what a busy day today. I made soup of the week for DH and took care of alot of necessary chores.

Heather - glad to hear that you are fine. I think of you when I see the reports on CNN.

Ruth - what I'm about a three and a half hr drive from your place but the snow squalls will keep me away.

Cyndi - glad you are catching it when its only 5 lbs. I read somewhere that we repeat the same mistakes over and over until we learn our lesson. You sound on top of it. If only I could count the times I lost the same 20 or more lbs. over and over.

Everyone else have a good night. I am going to put on my pjs early and go watch tv. The antique roadshow is on at 8p.m. here.
sophie
Old 11-17-2008, 07:15 PM   #26  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Heather, just over did it a little bit today so I skipped the Y. Not used to being on my feet for so long yet, so had a major coughing fit and hard time breathing about 3pm. But, at least I didn't try to go do the elliptical anyway, right?

Kim, was a little rough today after not really working much over the last 2 weeks, but at least the day went by quickly! Thanks for the hugs!

Zeff, next time we hit the health food store, I'm definitely getting the powder. Looks like the best deal on it, and the healthiest way to go, too. Sorry about your family's bad dreams! Hopefully we all sleep well tonight!

Steph, I hear ya on the cold. We had flurries today too, and they weren't even in the forecast! I'm heading your way a week from tomorrow for a ridiculous meeting in Brownsburg 2 days before Thanksgiving, like we have nothing better to do. Hopefully the weather will be good to us! I'm driving!

Gonna, LOVE the color of your master! We just picked colors for the living room of our duplex and are going to paint as soon as we can get in there, probably this weekend. Your room looks great!

Ruthie, did you say pie?

Well, as previously mentioned, I didn't hit the Y. I just didn't want to make myself worse. I figure I should be ok tomorrow or the next day. Going to try to squeeze in some crunches right now while the boys are at Walmart.

Otherwise, can't wait to move! Going to start packing some boxes tonight to get a head start. We're going to start moving stuff in to the duplex on Friday, but we won't live there until a week from Friday. There's a lot of stuff we can live without for a week, though, so may as well get a head-start! Less stuff to move the day after Thanksgiving!

Going to hit some crunches and snuggle up on the couch with a book. Hope you girlies have a great night!

PS I just love my sweet man.

Last edited by weezle; 11-17-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:35 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Just a quick pop-in to let CYNDI know the stew turned out great. It's a keeper that I'll make often! Thanks!

SOPHIE, I just put on my jammies and plan to spend a couple of pleasant hours working on my cross-stitch before bedtime.

Sure wish I had a piece of blueberry pie to go with my tea.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:14 PM   #28  
beachin'

Chicken stir-fry was good...I'm a huge fan of bok choy in my stir-fry. I added some cashews which DS thought was a fantastic addition.

I could definitely use a slice of blueberry pie....that would complete the meal nicely.

DH is giving DS an extended "play bath" right now and I just finished cleaning up the dinner dishes. I'm about to take a shower and get in my jammies - Jon and Kate starts at 8 (it is the one show that I regularly watch).

I'm excited for tomorrow! I get the entire day to myself if I want it.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:27 PM   #29  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Zeff, I hope you enjoy your day tomorrow!

Tommy just came home with a bottle of merlot. We don't drink much, so I can't wait for Little Guy to get to bed so I can have a small glass!
Old 11-17-2008, 10:10 PM   #30  
beachin'

I've been getting forwarded emails from a girl I don't know for about a week now - 20-30 a day! I assume she is in high school from her complete lack of grammar and spelling (I hate text lingo, btw). I've asked her repeatedly to not email me with no response.

Tonight, I responded to one of her forwards saying that I feared for the future. She actually responded with "wut u meen u fear 4 da future?"....verbatim. I told her that I feared for the future if the people that were going to run the world had no grasp on the English language. Too mean?
Hopefully she gets offended and removes me from her list. I don't like to have to sift through her trash to get my real emails.

I haven't the foggiest who this girl is or how she got my email address.

This happen to anybody else?
Closed Thread