South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 08:45 PM   #16  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

So didn't get near as much done today as I'd hoped. Little Guy was having awful pains due to constipation. If you ever want to get a little one to eat their fruits and vegetables, just let them go without eating them for about a week. The abdominal pain from no bathroom celebrations will make them ready and willing!

As soon as we explained to him why he was having such bad pains, he said "Mama Lisa? Can I have some green beans?"

WHAT?

Old 11-15-2008, 09:00 PM   #17  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

haha, nice! We've had to cut DS back on apples and applesauce - he was going a bit too much.

Ugh. Sitting here, alone on a Saturday night. DH and I were supposed to go watch mma at a local sports bar. When all the drama happened, I told DH that I would stay home with DS and that he could go. I made sure he put DS to bed before he left, plug my laptop in, get the phone in bed and set me up with Steel Magnolias and ice cream.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:08 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Don't you just love how he calls you "Mama Lisa"? You sound like he has you wrapped right around his little finger, Lisa! I hope the dear little guy is able to have his "celebration" soon. If he's still awake, how about making him a baked apple in the microwave? That always makes me go!

Barb, I've been reading your posts, just haven't had time to respond. You are such a wonderful mother and role model for Brian! I am keeping both of you in my prayers and hope that everything works out in your favor.

It's been a pretty wild day here, weather-wise. After some very heavy downpours this morning, it cleared up for a while, so Monica and Carley decided to come out for the afternoon. Just as they were leaving to go home, the weather turned extremely nasty again and we're under a tornado watch, so they've decided to spend the night.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:11 PM   #19  
Live, Laugh, Love

Aw. Steel Magnolias and ice cream sounds AWESOME. Sounds like a nice quiet evening!

I'm a dumb- and just tried to slice my the tip of my thumb off. I was using my Pampered Chef apple slicer/corer thingy for Little Guy, and a couple of slices were still stuck in the blades, and I, being the intelligent homosapien that I am, thought it would be brilliant to use my thumb to get them out.

Sigh.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:12 PM   #20  
Live, Laugh, Love

Cottage! I would make a baked apple if I could keep from cutting my appendages off!

Edited: Errrr.... so, if I wanted to make a baked apple in the microwave, how would I go about doing that?

Last edited by weezle; 11-15-2008 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Not sure how to bake an apple in the microwave
Old 11-15-2008, 09:21 PM   #21  

Zeff, move over and make room for me! Steel Magnolias and ice cream, while all tucked up in bed, sound like Heaven!

Lisa, Oh, no! I have that Pampered Chef apple thingy, and I've almost cut myself with it, too! I discovered that it's easier and safer to turn the apple upside down first. It makes the apple steadier.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:24 PM   #22  
Live, Laugh, Love

Oh, I'm alright. Probably could use some stitches, but Tommy ointmented and bandaged the heck out of my thumb, and I refuse to be stitched up. I look like they do in the cartoons, with tons of wrapping around the thumb, and the little throbbing red lines around it.

Hadn't done anything bad since my toaster oven idiot burn, almost exactly a year ago. I was due.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:39 PM   #23  

Lisa, if you have the Pampered Chef apple corer, core the apple without cutting yourself. Put it in a microwave-safe dish. Then stuff the apple with a mixture of raisins, chopped nuts, and cinnamon sugar. Cover the dish with Press & Seal Wrap or Saran Wrap and nuke it for about 6 - 8 minutes. Be careful when you remove the cover, there'll be a lot of steam! Make sure you let it cool off some before you try to eat it, too. It's divine with Cool Whip or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
(When I make this for myself, I use SF DaVinci caramel syrup.)
Old 11-15-2008, 09:52 PM   #24  
Live, Laugh, Love

Ooooh, that sounds awesome! Thanks!
Old 11-15-2008, 10:01 PM   #25  
beachin'

mmmmmmmm...baked apple........so, maybe I should have had DH move the microwave in here as well?

I'm trying to decide how to get my haircut - it is LONG now, probably to the middle of my back and nothing as far as layering or anything goes. It is a pretty clean slate. I was thinking maybe shoulder length? I'm so bad with this kind of stuff...help!
Old 11-15-2008, 10:35 PM   #26  

zeff - Shoulderlength might be more comfortable with a new baby. Brian was always a hair twirler and even as a newborn he would twirl my hair so I cut it after he was born and kept going shorter and shorter. Now I love it short since it is so easy to take care of. I just wash it and run a comb or brush through it. And then it is cool in the summer. But I know many people (especially husbands) do not care for short hair.

I got Brian's Scout pants hemmed up and he finished his model rocket for next week's launch. He's playing on Club Penguin now and I'm going to need to drag him to bed soon. We've got Sunday school in the morning. All in all, it was a nice day.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:11 PM   #27  
beachin'

DH won't mind shoulder length hair - it was that length, or maybe shorter when we met. I just want something that I will be able to put up if I need to, but will be wash and wear for days that I'm home with both kids.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:04 AM   #28  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Rainy Sunday

Good morning. The noise of the rain woke me at 4 but I refused to get up. We had quite a downpour and the lane is full of puddles.

Jazz seemed to have a good night. I started him off in his crate but, after ½ hour of yipping, I decided to give poor Disney a break and let him out. She slept on "her" chair and he slept on the floor at her feet on his blanket. Disney is a bit upset over the new addition, I think. There's not much tail wagging going on. I gave her a good 20 minute tummy rub this morning while I drank my coffee. She has been really good with him - not a single growl or curled lip even when he tries to eat out of her dish.

Church this morning is on the agenda, followed by coffee back here for "puppy viewing". I also plan to either fix my camera or go to town to buy a new one! Just changing batteries shouldn't bugger it up, right?

Tomorrow "sometime" Cousin Peter and his co-worker will be here for blueberry pie on their way back to Ottawa from Kingston so I may do the pie this afternoon so it can just be heated tomorrow. On the other hand, baking it tomorrow would make the house smell great. Decisions, decisions! I really don't feel like cooking today as I made a huge pot of chili yesterday and that sausage and pepper casserole.

What's a'happenin' around your Beach towel today?
Old 11-16-2008, 09:13 AM   #29  
Live, Laugh, Love

Wow, I'm early? Good morning Ruthie! Sounds like even though there may be a little jealousy from Disney, she's being a good girl!

Well, now that Little Guy is a little more regular, I think we're going to try to finish our errands today. I'm going to hit the health food store to get some tea, whey protein powder, fake chicken breasts, and look for acai berries. Dr. Oz said that those are the best for you, highest in anti-oxidants, but I have no idea where to find them in this little town.

Otherwise, just going to start boxing up stuff we won't miss over the next couple of weeks. Going to make a new dinner (meat, even!) tonight for Tom. He was flipping through Cooking Light Magazine and found a recipe he just HAD to eat, so I'm going to try it tonight. I'm going to post it in Ph2 entrees because it looks acceptable to me. It's called Walnut-Crusted Pork Chops With Autumn Vegetable Wild Rice.

Well, gonna have some breakfast (a yogurt parfait is sounding good this morning) and some tea before I get moving on the day. Hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa
Old 11-16-2008, 09:45 AM   #30  
beachin'

Ruth - glad that Disney is being nice to the puppy. I'm sure they'll warm up to each other soon.

Lisa - I haven't been able to find fresh acai berries or even frozen ones anywhere but the internet. Our local co-op carries unsweetened dried ones. It is rather expensive to buy fresh or frozen (but they are the best choices), so most of the time I'll go dried and rehydrate them before using in things like smoothies. I just let them soak in boiling water until plump - it usually takes a half hour or so.

Is that recipe from the latest cooking light? I love that magazine! I had a subscription but it ended a few months ago and I just never renewed it. I usually borrow copies from MIL, but with the latest I'm not sure about asking favors. I'll go browse the latest recipes online.

-
Not much on the agenda today other than house cleaning. The floors desperately need to have a thorough cleaning. I can see the dust bunnies in the corner. I think we'll also try to get some pictures hung. I also need to get to Michael's to see about a custom framing order (I wince at the price!) and get the car washed and vacuumed.

It is a COLD morning and I forgot to bring my hibiscus in....I hope it didn't freeze.

I think gingerbread pancakes fit the bill this morning. Maybe I'll grate up an apple to throw in as well.
Closed Thread