South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 04:16 PM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Phase I Chick Check - Week of November 2

This thread is for all new and returning Phase I folks.

Please post your successes, problems and helpful hints in this thread where we can all share. If you are new, feel free to join in - there's lots of support here.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/Tick/185

Height: 5' 8"

I am on day 2 for round 2! I am super excited and ready to roll!

The hardest thing for me is eating enough veggies..they kinda make me gag!

We can do this!!!!
Old 11-02-2008, 05:28 PM   #3  
Let's go for a run!

S/C/G: 208/168/140

Height: 5'3

I'm starting over on P1 later this week. I am just waiting on hubby to get home from Iraq. He was so impressed that I lost 40 pounds in four months, that he wants to do exactly what I did. I know I should be eating healthy right now, but I keep thinking that I will be deprived in a few days. I never felt deprived the first time and it was so easy...so I don't know why I feel this way. I am looking forward to doing this and losing the rest of the weight.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 194/186/154

Height: 5'7''

I'm on Day 2, just like movielover (hi, there).
So far, so good! I remember having dizzy spells, headache and mood swings on Phase 1 the first time I did it - none this time around. I actually feel way better than when I was eating all that bread and potatoes and whatnot. I think refined sugar, corn syrup and the like were making me sick and miserable. I gotta say, though, the highlight of my day is that post-supper dessert. I bought some SF ice-cream and I'll have 1/2 cup while I watch Desperate Housewives tonight!

Armywife - it took me a month to get into that mind frame to be psyched and really want to do this. I think if you're not READY ready, you're setting yourself up for failure and frustration. So, I guess it's OK to take your time and make that commitment and ultimately be accountable to yourself. You've already lost 40 lbs. I mean - how awe inspiring is that! You can do this again and reach your goal!

Last edited by Big Mama; 11-02-2008 at 07:36 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:33 PM   #5  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Hello everyone. I'll be joining you on phase 1 starting tomorrow for a few days. I have been on phase 2 for 6 weeks now. Had some slip ups this weekend with Halloween candy, which led to more slip-ups! Getting back on track tomorrow.
Movielover - if you are coming up short on veggies, add some V8 into your day. I don't like it cold. I heat mine up and eat it like soup!! Goes down much easier.
Back to the gym tomorrow too. The time change should help!!
Good luck this week.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/199/170

Height: 5'8"

Hi Im new here- but I thought I would join this forum because everyone seems so supportive (as a whole, not just on the SBD forum!)

We (my partner and I) started Phase 1 (again) last night so we are almost at the end of Day 1. We initially tried SB in March and had great success in the first week and then well.... got overconfident and fell off the wagon. He needs to get rid of the beer tummy and I need to lose some inches so I can fit better into the rowing shells next year for the seat my coaches want me to row.

We both have about 30 pounds to lose, though if I were able to drop an additional 10 from that I would be thrilled! I have posted my goal weight by Thanksgiving (193) in big black numbers on the fridge- hopefully that works as a good incentive for me to keep focused and not wander in and look for left over Halloween candy.

Have found that it works for us to have an evening start- SBD friendly meal one evening before "officially" starting P1. That way its not too tempting to put things off for another day.

Last edited by bertinecranston; 11-02-2008 at 11:05 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to The Beach, Bertine! We're happy to have you joining us. You'll find plenty of support here, and feel free to join us in our Daily Chat, too.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:09 AM   #8  

Today is Day 1 for me. I will be going upstairs and making my breakfast in a few minutes. I will be popping in throughout the week with updates.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 11-03-2008, 10:59 AM   #9  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Hey guys! I am back to p1 for another week after my fall out this weekend... oops. thats ok though!

Started today off with coffee and skim milk, 2 eggs and 2 veggie links and salsa. my plan for today/tonight is...
lunch-taco salad with black beans
dinner-mushroom lovers burger and broccoli with a salad

snacks will probably be some cheese and hummus. and a fudgsicle for dessert!
Old 11-03-2008, 11:43 AM   #10  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

I think I might be joining you all on Wednesday. I have an election results party to go to tomorrow and I think there will be damage done there!
Old 11-03-2008, 12:15 PM   #11  

Day 3....I am having horrible withdrawals....and the headache is killing me! Oh geez! I think it was the binge right before! I swear I can smell all of the food cooking in the cafeteria!!!

How is my day partner, Aleksandra??
Old 11-03-2008, 11:05 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 194/186/154

Height: 5'7''

Hey movielover - Hang in there! I hear you though - I had a pretty rough day, too. No headache, just fatigue and muscle weakness. Got my af, too... so yeah, I got cramps, too. I did eat well, including a massive amount of greens, beans, mushrooms - so I'm happy about that. Didn't go to the gym, but at least I have an excuse now I hope we have a better day tomorrow. I keep reminding myself that I should really take one day at a time and stop focusing so much on the numbers, you know, how much I weigh, how much I have to lose, how many days until Phase 2, etc.

Jenskihere - great idea to heat up the V8. I loathe it, but am going to try it heated.

rdw1 - that sounds fab - great way to start!

Hi there, grneyedmustang, bertine and mythreesons.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:00 AM   #13  

Just popping in quick. I didn't start P1 yesterday. We had a bout of the stomach bug in the house. Today, we are going to try to get on the mend and if we are feeling better, I will try to get on board tomorrow.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:07 AM   #14  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Movielover and Bigmama - if you're having withdrawal symptoms, make sure to get in a good amount of beans and dairy into your daily menus. The feelings shouldn't last for more than a day or two, though. We affectionately refer to it as the South Beach Flu.

and yes, binging before will cause it

Hang in there, girls!
Old 11-04-2008, 11:58 AM   #15  

Feeling awesome! I actually think this time is easier then the last time I did this about 1 1/2 years ago!!!

I did jump in the scale and I am down 3 lbs, so that is great!!

Keep it up ladies....and those of you who are still thinking of starting DO IT!!!
Closed Thread