South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 06:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default 'Weekend Beachin

Happy Saturday!

We're going out for breakfast and grocery shopping, then Dustin is bringing the grandchildren over for me to watch while he and Jake work on an outside project. Amber and I may bake up some pumpkin bread if we can keep little Tyler out from underfoot.

What's happening in your neck of the woods today?
Old 10-18-2008, 07:22 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage I was thinking about trying that pumpkin bread too. Sounds like popular stuff!

well it's finally happened - we had a hard frost last night. I'm off to the farmer's market to see what bargains I can pick up. I guess this will be the end of a lot of our produce for the season. Hopefully I can pick up some more things to dry.

If DP is up to it we are going to check out BJs today. We have one of those free membership coupons so thought we'd see what they have that we eat. Those places never have enough of the things we eat to pay for a membership but sometimes there are a few bargains.

With the cold weather I'm thinking about soups. I noticed we don't have a crockpot recipes thread. Hmmm. I know things can be adapted but it's nice to have things tried and ready.

Have a good day everyone
Old 10-18-2008, 07:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning! WOW, look how early I am!!!

Ruth - sounds like you'll be busy! Enjoy the beautiful fall day!

Me - Off to the pumpkin patch today! We get to ride a hay tractor to the patch, pick out pumpkins, then come back and pick apples too. Of course, there's also craft and food stands too to look at.

I'm also supposed to try and get a run in today (since yesterday's short one was cancelled with sick daughter, I really have to squeeze it in...). It's 34 degrees out now, so that can wait until later!

Enjoy your coffee!

Good morning cyndi! Good idea for the farmer's market. We just made a second pot of lentil/sausage soup...yum!! With slice of sprouted bread toast (and gasp! real butter!!). Enjoy!

Last edited by TwynnB; 10-18-2008 at 07:41 AM.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:55 AM   #4  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good morning ladies!

Cottage- sounds like a fun time! Ive got to try that recipe at some point too! I promised myself I would wait until Thanksgiving for Pumpkin Pie though... maybe I will make both for that day! lol pumpkin bread appetizer and pie dessert!

Cyndi- I second the crock pot thread... I love coming home to a meal fully prepared! I say try the lentil and sausage recipe twynn is talking about- I made a batch a couple days ago in the crock pot and it was fabulous! I also added some mini whole wheat dumplings and it was so good!

twynn- love the lentil soup- I am actually eating it for breakfast!

Me- well, its off to work this morning... we have a big function going on at the hotel apparently so I have lots of formal hair to do today-ugh! not my favorite thing to do but I will survive! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!
Old 10-18-2008, 08:08 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Rikki - I've got that recipe on my list. What type of sausage did you use? I'm thinking about the tofurkey sausages. They're a little high fat but if I just use a couple they might flavor it really well.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good Saturday morning, everyone!

Cottage: Mmmmm! Pumpkin bread. I'm going to definitely get those last pumpkins from the garden prepped for pumpkin treats later on. Enjoy your time with the family!

Cyndi: I agree, a crockpot thread would be great. I feel like the crockpot queen around here. Everybody at work is shocked to find out how often we use it! Enjoy your shopping trip!

TwynnB: Mmmmmm! Lentil and sausage soup sounds delish! DH is making beef stew tonight, but if he weren't, I might change the menu. Enjoy your day at the pumpkin patch! It sounds like a lot of fun!

rdw1: Sorry that you'll be doing formal hair all day. I hope that at least some of it is enjoyable!

Me: Sorry for being MIA the last two days. We're preparing property tax statements at the office and I got stuck with the fun job of printing all 39,200 of them. I tried to finish them all last night, but at 8:30 I'd had enough! I'll probably go in on Sunday to finish them.

DH is in the kitchen now, preparing chorizo and egg tacos (on ww tortillas ) and after that we're going to the shooting range for a few hours. Later on today I'll do weights and my heavy bag workout. We've also got to hit the grocery store and attempt to install our new ceiling fan. The light in the old one went out AND it's hideous, so it's time for a new one. Luckily, our across-the-street neighbor is an electrician, so I know that if we get in a real bind, he can help us.

Well, off to browse around a bit. I hope everyone to come has a great day!

~Kim
Old 10-18-2008, 09:54 AM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

*rubbing eyes*

G'morning! Twas the last morning to sleep in. Little Guy is on his way home! WOO HOO! We have little surprises for him, so hopefully he likes them. We re-arranged his room, got a little net that we hung in the corner for all his stuffed animals to lay in and keep them off the floor, and got him the Hulk Smash Gloves that make noise and his Halloween costume.

This morning will be full of cleaning the house up. For whatever reason, with Little Guy gone, we've just TRASHED the house. Not like, icky dirty, with food or anything, but like, leaving papers we don't need lying around instead of tossing them, Vitamin C Drop wrappers on the table, clothes in heaps on the bedroom floor, etc. Little Guy keeps us grounded, I guess. We don't know what to do without him.

I also have a ton of magazines to go through. My store carries magazines now, and when we get the current ones in, we have to take the old ones out of our inventory and are supposed to "tear the cover off and destroy" them. Like I'm going to do that with Cooking Light, Every Day With Rachael Ray, Cooking With Paula Dean, Taste of Home, Family Circle, Shape, Women's Health, Oprah Magazine, etc. So I have a small stack with lots of recipes to look at and see how I can tweak them to make them appropriate for our family.

Well, I need to hop onto Victoria's Secret's website. If I spend $75, I get a free black Tote purse that looks AWESOME. I'm stopping at $75, too, and not spending $250 to get the Messenger Bag, Tote, and Traveler Bag. I think it might be time for some new sweaters. Of course, if I spend $125, I get the Tote AND Free Shipping. Hmmm..... Shipping on $75 is $14, so it would be $89.... I'll have to snoop around and see what else I can possibly spend money on.

Hope you chickiedoos have a good day! If I find any good recipes, I'll be sure to share!

Lisa
Old 10-18-2008, 09:54 AM   #8  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning.

Didn't sleep well at all last night. I was up with bad indigestion and back pain...ugh.

Our cat slipped out of the house this morning and is now firmly planted underneath the deck, too scared to come out. DH is out there with a can of treats trying to coax him out.

This morning we're going to help our friends move. DS is going with his grandma. This afternoon, we have to come home and wait for the cable repair dude to come out to a) fix the cable that he installed a week ago and b) install a phone. Hopefully he is on time.

Gotta go put some laundry in and feed the herd before we leave.

Lisa, if you're ever at a loss as to what to do with those magazines I know a girl in Louisiana who would be interested.

Last edited by zeffryn; 10-18-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:37 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Lisa: I'm glad the little guy is headed back your way! You sounds really excited! Enjoy your first weekend with him back.

Zeffryn: Be careful helping with the move! Moving yourself one weekend and helping someone else the next sounds like a lot of work! I hope your plans for tomorrow include relaxing.

I just HAD to post a pic of this hideous fan for you girls to see. Why would anyone put this in a house?!?! Those plastic "crystals" have to be removed individually so that I can clean them. What a pain! Thank goodness it'll be gone this afternoon!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 08-10-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:53 AM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies:
DH is working all weekend so its my get stuff done weekend next week my gf is visiting so thats my what me work? weekend? I'm going to hit the store for some beachy componets I'm thinking of making those bacon and egg cups or maybe ham, broc and cheddar I just have to get muffin tins!
Kim that fan is ATROCIOUS!!!
Zef Hope the kittys back and safe
Lisa Have fun shopping
RDW I love lentil soup for Breakfast!
Twyn have fun at the pumpkin Patch
Cyn I'll be sad to see our farmers market go
Cottage Pumpkin bread sounds so good!
Old 10-18-2008, 01:06 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Still hangin' in and being "good" - not food good but behaving in almost all other areas! Am anxious to get through this afternoon's speaker and wind-up motions and pick up wee Disney. I have to report on all this in Church tomorrow morning so probably won't be in for morning coffee. After that my day is all mine except for a tele-conference and a visit to Harry.
I can hardly wait!
Old 10-18-2008, 01:07 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Still hangin' in and being "good" - not food good but behaving in almost all other areas! Am anxious to get through this afternoon's speaker and wind-up motions and pick up wee Disney. I have to report on all this in Church tomorrow morning so probably won't be in for morning coffee. After that my day is all mine except for a tele-conference and a visit to Harry.
I can hardly wait!
Old 10-18-2008, 02:56 PM   #13  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Kim - that fan is bad! Also, DH was really the one helping with the move...I was just helping my girlfriend do little last minute things. She's pregnant too and couldn't do much

Ruth - you are the busiest lady I know. It must be how you stay so young

--

Kitty was back on the deck when we got home...silly boy. DH had left a trail of food leading to the back door...I guess he followed it

My FIL left my MIL again....completely out of the blue this time....we have no idea where he is. This drama is too much! They have been married for over 40 years.....I wasn't aware that people divorced after that long. It happened earlier in the spring as well, but they ended up reconciling....I hope it happens again. I can't see my MIL or my FIL being able to function without the other. They are both VERY co-dependent people.

--

Jenski - I cannot thank you enough for the vinegar suggestion. I really should have thought of it myself... The floors are perfect. No streaking whatsoever and SHINY! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Last edited by zeffryn; 10-18-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:05 PM   #14  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Hello ladies. Hope you all are enjoying your weekend.

Just wanted to stop by to say hi! I helped early this morning with my sister's garage sale....made 3 whole dollars!!! Then completed half of my grocery shopping. Found a pair of slacks that I love at the Avenue. I've got to grab something to eat, then I'm off for a 2nd pair that the first store didn't have and the rest of the grocery shopping. I was hoping to get a pedicure in today, but I don't think that'll happen. I DID, however, buy a pair of boots on line for Halloween, and I'm hoping that I LOVE them. I've never bought shoes on line before, so my fingers are crossed
Got plans to meet up with friends for dinner, so I better get a move on!

ENJOY!!!!
Old 10-18-2008, 05:38 PM   #15  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

glad to see everyone is busy. Spent the day raking leaves. I guess its better than shovelling snow. So far this week has been on plan.
DH is making chicken curry tonight which I am having with tofu noodles.
Got to go, when he cooks I have to be there to find things for him.
Enjoy your weekend because soon winter will be here, in this part of the world at least.
sophie
Closed Thread