South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 09:03 PM   #31  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Ended up having a great, no wonderful, day today. Terry (DH)and I went to the gym this morning and stayed for a couple of hours. He must have worked out his arms for at least an hour and a half..his arms are already gorgeous. I pooped out after about an hour or so and hit the steam room and shower and got all dolled up with a complete spa day with every kind of skin goop I own (which is a LOT) . We came home and puttered and cleaned. When we left the gym, there was a sign outside that they were having a margaritaville afternoon/evening with a guy playing guitar and singing so we headed back over there around 4 or so and had a couple of margaritas at the bar by the pool and then got an order of humas. Gorgeous afternoon with a cool breeze. Then we headed to another place (where Mandy went on her date last night) sat out on the patio and split a tuna stuffed tomato and had another drink... wonderful afternoon/early evening! I am so lucky to be married to my best friend and it's still magic after all these years. I don't really talk about him that much, but he is beyond cool.

He thanked me over and over again today because I talked him into joining the gym with me. He used to be a real gym rat and had forgotten how much he loved it.

I love days that unfold with surprises and no set plans...just going with the flow as the wind blows. I miss having my kids around, but gawd life is easier now and just "fluid"...

Last edited by femmecreole; 10-04-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:31 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Well my weekend of no plans turned into a last minute softball tourney for Toys for Tot's that DH and DD played in. Double elimination, ugh what a long day for me just watching! Afterwards went shopping to get DD some new tennis shoes and ended up finding a good bargin at JC Penney's on clearance bath towels, the big fluffy ones for 5 bucks! Oh how I love new towels! Only other purchase for me was a clearance nightgown and a new purse which I really needed

DH is watching the cubs game and I am struggling to hold my eyes open, maybe, just maybe I can sleep past 5 am tomorrow.

Sounds like everyone is having a great weekend so far. Tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful, I will be able to open the windows again and take on the house cleaning and laundry. I will also bake those sweet potato bars using pumpkin. For now I am just going to settle in bed and watch about 5 minutes tv before my eyes get the best of me.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:24 PM   #33  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Zeff, I had to ask Tommy 3 times what he was saying before I finally typed it. Plus, he made sure that I know it's all one word, not two. I've learned words and phrases like "uber" and "rolling a toon." And God forbid you come between him and his XP, whatever that is.

PS Now I'm going to have to go to the store tomorrow to get stuff for Spinach Artichoke Dip. That sounds delightful!

Last edited by weezle; 10-04-2008 at 11:25 PM.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:32 PM   #34  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

It was good, although I accidentally added too much mayo...oh well, extra parmesan and garlic evened it out.

Speaking of "uber"...you'll never guess what DH calls himself online
Old 10-05-2008, 06:35 AM   #35  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Sunday morning! I really, really want artichoke dip right now! Maybe later.

Lovely dinner and visiting time with my sister, BIL and her three kids with their kids - minus husbands. It was like old times with babies added. Disney charmed all her new "cousins" and we will have some great pictures.

Church this morning and then a peaceful sunny Sunday. I'll do some more cooking, quilt piecing and maybe work in a nap.

Hope your day is a good one. Here's a mug of coffee for you.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:09 AM   #36  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

What a perfect fall morning! I do love fall though I try not to think too much about what comes after

Ruth - Can't wait to see the pictures. This is perfect baking weather but I haven't really done any baking other than bread since SBD. Do you have any approved favorites?

Cat - sounds like a lovely day It is nice to finally settle in with the person who fits you just right. Have a relaxing Sunday.

Cottage - How is your Dad doing?

Same ole on tap for today. More apple picking, more dehydrating, maybe some baking. I have a recipe for crockpot refried beans I'm trying. I love quick and easy refried beans but want to get away from cans. The recipe looks good, hope it is!

Julie (DP) is doing better but still in pain. She's eating so I'm not as worried about the blood sugar but we haven't had an uninterrupted night of sleep for a couple of weeks now. And we are talking every hour and a half or so. I'm drinking a lot of coffee.

My goal is a relaxing day because it will be a long week at work.

Now I'm off to look for SBD friendly baking recipes

Last edited by CyndiM; 10-05-2008 at 09:12 AM.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:17 AM   #37  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cyndi, I bake but most of it is not SBD friendly. It's usually for gifts or for sales so.... I've never made anything with Splenda as eating sweet treats got me into this mess and I need to just get away from that stuff, SF or not! Let us know how the crockpot refried beans works out - I am trying to get away from canned stuff too.

Just realized that we do the Blessing of the Animals at Church today since yesterday was St. Francis Day. All the dogs will be there which should make for a fun service and a great contrast to last week's production with the Bishop and the Primate. I need to remember doggie treats for coffee hour along with the apple spice cake for the humans.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:49 AM   #38  
Determined to lose!

Good morning all. I am debating on morning services, Thinking of just going to evening, but I'll likely go to both! I just wish I knew someone!

DS needed a fridge and stove, found both for 40 on craigslist, oh, thats 40 for both, not each! . NOw to find a pick up truck!

Need to get Jade out for a walk this am. Didn't get out yesterday due to dealing with ds. He came over to borrow steam cleaner, and I had to make sure he knew how to operate, clean and hook everything up! And I stressed to him he was the ONLY one allowed to use it! (I sure hope he listens).

Didn't get out apple picking yesterday, will try today. trying to get sis to go along with me, it's boring by myself, but I might have too.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:23 AM   #39  
-

Morning all! Husband is heading off to work, so I guess I will have a fun day of more cleaning, laundry, puppy patrol and grade posting. wooooo.
Also going to make a pot a spaghetti sauce to go over zuchini "spaghetti". That way I don't have to cook tomorrow when I get home.

I think every muscle in my body is sore this morning, but in a good way. At least I know I hit those muscles yesterday and Friday. ouch, great ouch!

Hope everyone has a relaxing or exiting Sunday...whatever you are wishing for!

Last edited by femmecreole; 10-05-2008 at 08:25 AM.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:47 AM   #40  
beachin'

Ruth - I like your take on the sweet treats. I whole heartedly agree.

Cat - I think after we move, I'm going to get the shredder machine that you're always talking about. You make it sound so cool! Can it do other vegetables or just zucchini?

Lori - Don't you LOVE craigslist? I'm completely addicted to that and freecycle. I check it every day. Have fun apple picking. I need to find an orchard that is closer to us...the closest one I've found so far is over an hour away

--

DS requested french toast this morning - I can finally use up that loaf of challah that I have in the freezer.

I woke up to a wet bed in the middle of the night. I was completely confused and thought either I or DH had wet the bed turns out my boobs are used to this having a baby thing and started leaking more. Oy.

Just packing today...
Old 10-05-2008, 09:01 AM   #41  
-

Zeff, all kinds of vegs. I made sweet potato "curly fries" with it not too long ago...just spiraled them, sprayed them with olive oil pam and sprinkled them with some kosher salt and ran them in the oven. very yummy! Think I'll try them next time with a little pumpkin spice and splenda or agave for something different. I'm thinking it was around 30 dollars for it and well worth it for the health benefits. And, hey it's just plain fun to play with....I am so fond of kitchen toys!

Last edited by femmecreole; 10-05-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:07 AM   #42  
beachin'

I love kitchen toys too. I have probably the most unromantic birthday/christmas list ever.

I think after the move, I'll definitely pick one up along with a good mandolin for making "noodles" for lasagna.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:15 AM   #43  
Working on healthy

Zeff - There are at least 6 orchards within 20 miles of our house. I'll remember how lucky we are when I'm stuck in the unmentionable this winter

Loriann- I'm off to pick by myself too. Not as much fun but quick and makes a nice break from all the house chores.

Cat - If only I could figure out where to store another kitchen toy! I cleaned out when I started dehydrating because I just don't have that much cabinet space
Old 10-05-2008, 09:17 AM   #44  
-

Cyndi, I don't have the room either, but I just keep buying toys anyway! My kitchen is fairly small and this is an old house without a lot of cabinets. My husband added some black shelves in my little laundry room for me so I could store "machines" like the crock pot, bread machine, spiral thing etc. Where I used to store canned food has also been taken over by toys! It's a sickness I know!

Last edited by femmecreole; 10-05-2008 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:34 AM   #45  
Working on healthy

I have two of those big old metal cabinets but they are filled with food bargains! Gotta buy stuff in bulk when I find a really good bargain. We have a discount store across the river that gets overstocks, etc from the local food warehouse. I always know when a company is changing a label or a recipe! It's hard to resist big bags of organic whole wheat flour, beans, brown rice, etc when I know I'll use them over the winter.

Then there are the dehydrated things! Obviously the problem is that I need more storage space I guess it's clear that I love food. A few years ago I had to cull cookbooks because I had an entire book case full. Now I'm limited to 1 3-shelf bookcase, a software program, and all the bookmarks I can find.

All that being said I'm still lusting after the veggie pasta maker
Closed Thread