South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 11:22 PM   #16  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Awesome thread, Greeneyedmustang, at least someone knows how to have some naughty without-breaking-the-rules fun!

My sin? Well... I found an ice cream by Breyers made with Splenda, although it is not necessarily low in fat. (The ingredients list both milk and skim milk, but also butter.. *gasp* ) 110 calories a serving. Uh, and I'm sure I surpassed a single serving.

My boyfriend actually found it, thinking he was doing good and being supportive. Maybe not so much. It's been three days, and I finished that ice cream tonight. The thing is, I've never been so much of an ice cream fan... why is it that it's so delicious when you're not supposed to be having it? I guess it's a matter of wanting what you can't have.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:47 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

Sunday night I went out and had WAY too much alcohol. I had a 301 blue, a pitcher of coors light, 1/2 a vodka cranberry, a shot of flavored vodka, a long island iced tea. Then stopped for drunk food on the way home...a buffalo chicken wrap and a rice krispy treat.

I'm really not THAT upset about it though, at least I had a great time, if I had sat home alone eating a pint of Ben and Jerrys it would have been a diffrent story. Also this oddly enough didn;t result in much damage on the scale, so I guess I got lucky.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:38 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cashews. LOTS of 'em. Absolutely addicted. But, I figure, I'm still losing weight, so that's my new addiction.

Hey Melanie - I know Dr. A says infrequently...but I have the NSA ice cream all the time. Well, not all the time, but definately not "infrequently". Dairy Queen's NSA Dilly Bar is absolutely the best one!
Old 08-28-2008, 08:01 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwynnB View Post
Sunday night I went out and had WAY too much alcohol. I had a 301 blue, a pitcher of coors light, 1/2 a vodka cranberry, a shot of flavored vodka, a long island iced tea. Then stopped for drunk food on the way home...a buffalo chicken wrap and a rice krispy treat.
Wow, did you hurl?

Quote:
Cashews. Dairy Queen's NSA Dilly Bar is absolutely the best one!
Did not need to know about this!
Old 08-28-2008, 08:15 AM   #20  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

My problem is quantity not forbidden foods. In the last week I've eaten a bag of apples, 1.5 bags of sf dove things, a batch of lentil crunchies... I'm sure there's other stuff. Those were all snacks! I'm slipping into evening over-snacking mode and need to get a grip on that again. I'm pretty sure that just because I'm making better choices it's still not a good thing
Old 08-28-2008, 08:18 AM   #21  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile

I have SBD burned into my psyche but ...... I have had regular fat since I have been here caring for my Dad and visiting Mom in the nursing home. The biggest surprise? I rarely have any cravings. I really mean rarely as in I am trying to think of the last time when I had one. It really makes me wonder how much of eating low fat has contributed to me not feeling satisfied and therefore wanting to reach for something "extra". This has been a real eye-opener.

So, I am following SBD but since I am not as able to get a lot of the low fat foods that I was back home, I have had to "make do" with the full fat. No cravings, no compulsive overeating, nothing.

Explain that!
Old 08-28-2008, 09:05 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi pamatga! Just this morning I was wondering how you were doing.
I think you're right about the fats, as long as they are the right kind of fats. I don't think eating fat is directly related to cravings in the way it impacts your blood sugar levels like refined carbs do. But I think fat is important in keeping you satisfied and not wanting to snack as much. I made the mistake of thinking lower fat is better for a while and frequently not using my alloted daily fat servings, and I think that caused me to not feel satisfied as long, and to want to snack more, not necessarily on sweets or carbs, just anything. I make an effort now to use my alloted fats, salad dressing at lunch, etc., and I think it's working better. But I think the issue with eating saturated fats is a health one, not cravings. It all comes down to SB not being a lowfat plan, but a healthy fat plan. I wouldn't expect overeating fats to cause any cravings, but just to slow the weight loss aspect.
So it depends on if "regular fat" means more unsaturated fat or more saturated fat...
In your situation I think you just have to do the best you can, and in any case you have conducted an interesting experiment and can apply the results to your eating when things get back to "normal".
Good to see you around, how is everything?
Old 08-28-2008, 09:32 AM   #23  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwynnB

Wow, did you hurl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwynnB
Cashews. Dairy Queen's NSA Dilly Bar is absolutely the best one!

Did not need to know about this!

Me either!!!! I just woke up and now I am craving a dilly bar!!!!! ugh!
Old 08-28-2008, 09:34 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Oh I had a run in with mac & cheese lastnight, I KNOW BETTER!
Old 08-28-2008, 09:37 AM   #25  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Food sins: sushi yesterday LOTS OF IT
spending money I should not at weight watchers last night (got a points counter gizmo)
Old 08-28-2008, 09:53 AM   #26  
Determined to lose!

I haven't been eating... which I'm told is worse than eating the wrong stuff!
Old 08-28-2008, 01:05 PM   #27  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedmustang View Post
Are you on phase I or II? Because if you are on phase II, you might not be in violation that bad. But I have noticed that alcohol is affecting me differently now too! And congrats on making it to onederland...

Thank you!!
Old 08-28-2008, 05:12 PM   #28  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Quote:
Cashews. LOTS of 'em. Absolutely addicted. But, I figure, I'm still losing weight, so that's my new addiction.

Hey Melanie - I know Dr. A says infrequently...but I have the NSA ice cream all the time. Well, not all the time, but definately not "infrequently". Dairy Queen's NSA Dilly Bar is absolutely the best one!
WHAAAT??? Dairy Queen has NSA icecream??! My bf is a b@stard, heeeeh! The other week he got me one of those insanely delicious and INSANELY addictive mocha moolattes. I asked him if they had NSA stuff and he told me no! That liar.

Thanks for telling me, Twynnb. If we do happen to stop at Dairy Queen, and I'm tempted to eat something naughty, at least I am aware now that they do have a NSA bar, (which I will get, so that I don't tempt myself with the moolattes.)

Hmm... I wonder if they can do the moolattes sf?
Old 08-28-2008, 05:23 PM   #29  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Ugh, I don't even want to go there.

The sugar monster has finally left the building. August is a hard month for me, and this year was no exception. But it's almost over.....Yay!!
Old 08-29-2008, 08:38 AM   #30  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

So this month I learned that too much bread, even whole wheat bread, causes me problems. I've been lucky with fruit - I can eat a lot with no problems. Apparently too much bread resets my internal controls though. I've had a week of over-eating and been trying to figure out why. then I remembered all the bread I ate on vacation. Darn. Okay, lesson learned now to get back on track!
Closed Thread